Renewing a for Next Season Topic

In Wilkinson, renewals for next season are now open. Not that I expect to move up after my first season in DIII, but when do coaches learn whether or not they can move up to the next division? If I pay now to keep my same team, and then informed I can move up, what happens to the money I used to pay for my current team?

I hope that makes sense. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
9/2/2016 5:05 PM
You can always move up after one season in D3. If your goal is getting to AA, then you need a minimum of 40 wins (at least that is the lowest I have seen) in order to qualify. So, given the strength of Huntingdon, it may be worth staying put another season for the wins unless you get as strong a team as you currently have if your goal is AA or beyond. I think 1A is 100 wins, but I'm not sure of that.
9/2/2016 5:31 PM
Posted by mraston on 9/2/2016 5:31:00 PM (view original):
You can always move up after one season in D3. If your goal is getting to AA, then you need a minimum of 40 wins (at least that is the lowest I have seen) in order to qualify. So, given the strength of Huntingdon, it may be worth staying put another season for the wins unless you get as strong a team as you currently have if your goal is AA or beyond. I think 1A is 100 wins, but I'm not sure of that.
I appreciate the information. Thank you!
9/2/2016 6:14 PM
To piggy back off his point. Trying to get to 1aa and 1a as fast as possible you would probably benefit from another year at d3. The problem with that is that once you get out of d3 you can actually do so much more with your team and it would be good to get used to these settings. Once you get to the 1aa level in wilkinson you'll have a lot of very good coaches that you'll be going up against.
9/2/2016 7:56 PM
Which is why I strongly recommend that you move up Immediately !
You are not playing what most of us call GD because you are so limited in what you can do in any of the 3 upper levels and you won't start learning the game until you move up do D2.
When you are in d2 , then you could consider staying a while to get comfortable with all the advanced settings.
9/3/2016 1:51 AM
Posted by mojolad on 9/3/2016 1:51:00 AM (view original):
You are not playing what most of us call GD because you are so limited in what you can do in any of the 3 upper levels and you won't start learning the game until you move up do D2.
When you are in d2 , then you could consider staying a while to get comfortable with all the advanced settings.
I agree with mojolad 100%! Move up!
9/3/2016 3:35 AM
Posted by mojolad on 9/3/2016 1:51:00 AM (view original):
What he said ^^^^^
9/3/2016 3:06 PM
One thing - the renewal is tied to the WORLD, not the SCHOOL. So if you renew at Huntingdon, but decide to move up, that renewal "goes with" you.
9/3/2016 6:00 PM
Renewing a for Next Season Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.