Conf Strength Question in 3.0 Topic

I'm at a D2 school. Our conference prestige is A- and the next highest in D2 Rupp is B. I've done some scouting and have a decent number of recruits that want a strong conference. However, for all of these recruits the analysis says "neutral." I would have figured the top conference and one that's in the A-range would count as a strong conference. Does anyone know if there's a threshold that needs to be reached where the analysis goes above neutral to 'good' or 'very good?' At first I thought it was D1 projected recruits not giving props to a D2 school, but I'm seeing the same trend with D2 projected recruits. Any thoughts?
9/5/2016 9:10 PM
Posted by darnoc29099 on 9/5/2016 9:10:00 PM (view original):
I'm at a D2 school. Our conference prestige is A- and the next highest in D2 Rupp is B. I've done some scouting and have a decent number of recruits that want a strong conference. However, for all of these recruits the analysis says "neutral." I would have figured the top conference and one that's in the A-range would count as a strong conference. Does anyone know if there's a threshold that needs to be reached where the analysis goes above neutral to 'good' or 'very good?' At first I thought it was D1 projected recruits not giving props to a D2 school, but I'm seeing the same trend with D2 projected recruits. Any thoughts?
Just spitballing here but I wonder if conf strength isn't adjusted until mid season. So what's the RPI of the conf during the season vs total prestige.

If that's the case then I don't like it. It should be based upon prestige and postseason success and postseason bids. But its weird you're at neutral.
9/6/2016 8:39 AM
So I sent in a ticket about Team Success and Conf Strength to understand how it worked. In beta I made 2nd round in NT two seasons in a row and I'm at A- prestige but still neutral on team success. So I thought that was a little weird.

Here's what they told me

"We've reviewed both success and conference preferences. We've found that success is in a pretty good place but the display of strong conference preference was a bit off at the lower levels - we've made adjustments and that will be released soon.

Success is based on your last four seasons. Conference is based on the average prestige of each team in the conference."

I then asked if Conf strength was different per division since a top conf in D3 is probably B+ and bottom is C- while in D1 it's A and D. They confirmed that it's "Based upon division and the ranges within".

Well there we go! I'd be great if people would post their last 4 year history and what their preference status is so we can get an idea of what that looks like.
9/9/2016 6:02 PM
Jeez....you must be the golden child. I sent a ticket as well and all I got was "Thanks for the note. We've evaluated this and have made some adjustments to this display - it will be released soon."

9/9/2016 8:56 PM
On a similar note, I was surprised to see my C+ prestige with Mercer (D1) qualifies as a "successful program," and hurts me when recruiting guys that want a rebuild.
9/9/2016 8:58 PM
Posted by darnoc29099 on 9/9/2016 8:56:00 PM (view original):
Jeez....you must be the golden child. I sent a ticket as well and all I got was "Thanks for the note. We've evaluated this and have made some adjustments to this display - it will be released soon."

You don't wanna know what I had to do to get an answer. WINK
9/9/2016 9:04 PM
In Wooden, Rupp, and Knight it looks like the conf preference is working, as I have "very goods" for the players that want strong conferences.
9/16/2016 5:15 PM
Conf Strength Question in 3.0 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.