Double teaming pointless? Topic

I have had good success double teaming one or two players. I am careful about DT a high ATH rated player, but the tactic has proven very useful for me in D3. I cannot speak to D2 or D1. I also play a man defense. If used improperly it can backfire, but that can be said with any game play tactic.
9/6/2016 10:50 PM
Posted by dpm1227 on 9/6/2016 10:50:00 PM (view original):
I have had good success double teaming one or two players. I am careful about DT a high ATH rated player, but the tactic has proven very useful for me in D3. I cannot speak to D2 or D1. I also play a man defense. If used improperly it can backfire, but that can be said with any game play tactic.
That's what i'm saying well said.
9/6/2016 11:18 PM
Ward, that honestly doesn't sound anything like what you said.
9/6/2016 11:30 PM
Posted by CoachWard95 on 9/6/2016 11:18:00 PM (view original):
"You can only double team 1 guy from team a the other from team b. You can't double team more than 1 player per team per roster. Double teaming one in team a one in team b works like a charm I don't think you can double team more than one guy per team it'll leave too many open guys."

- Wardo, like, twenty-one hours ago
9/7/2016 12:00 AM
Posted by mullycj on 9/6/2016 4:15:00 PM (view original):
Posted by hughesjr on 9/6/2016 2:12:00 PM (view original):
Posted by mullycj on 9/6/2016 12:12:00 PM (view original):
As with everything else sable lowered the impact of anything that involved actual coaching strategy
And you KNOW that seble specifically lowered the impact of double teams? Or are you just making sniping remarks without any evidence to back it up.

Did seble also steal my son's lunch money in kindergarten?
Most likely
No seble took money from the rich kids and gave it to the poor kids even though the poor kids already had their own money for lunch. Just because.
9/7/2016 1:26 AM
Posted by vandydave on 9/7/2016 1:26:00 AM (view original):
Posted by mullycj on 9/6/2016 4:15:00 PM (view original):
Posted by hughesjr on 9/6/2016 2:12:00 PM (view original):
Posted by mullycj on 9/6/2016 12:12:00 PM (view original):
As with everything else sable lowered the impact of anything that involved actual coaching strategy
And you KNOW that seble specifically lowered the impact of double teams? Or are you just making sniping remarks without any evidence to back it up.

Did seble also steal my son's lunch money in kindergarten?
Most likely
No seble took money from the rich kids and gave it to the poor kids even though the poor kids already had their own money for lunch. Just because.
I thought the poor kids got the governmental subsidies before seble took the rich kids money. Then seble took one item from each rich kid randomly to give to the poor ones. And occasionally when the rich kids who brought their lunches lost their lunches early before lunch time, he didn't let them eat that day.
9/7/2016 8:21 AM
That was right after he passed the NW Ordinance of 1787 requiring a free public education for all.
9/7/2016 8:30 AM
LMAO
9/7/2016 9:41 AM
Seble invited two boys without lunches out to the playground to have a race to see who would get a lunch.

The two boys had a foot race, one boy clearly beating the other boy by several feet. Seble congratulated the winning boy, but then flipped a coin and seeing the result of the coin flip gave the lunch to the boy who lost the race.
9/7/2016 1:45 PM
You forgot to mention that one boy had brand new track shoes and a cocktail of drugs that would make an East German power lifter jealous.....
9/7/2016 1:55 PM
Posted by vandydave on 9/7/2016 1:45:00 PM (view original):
Seble invited two boys without lunches out to the playground to have a race to see who would get a lunch.

The two boys had a foot race, one boy clearly beating the other boy by several feet. Seble congratulated the winning boy, but then flipped a coin and seeing the result of the coin flip gave the lunch to the boy who lost the race.
+1
9/7/2016 2:02 PM
Posted by fd343ny on 9/6/2016 6:18:00 AM (view original):
in my experience, the effects of double team are not huge, but they can matter in the right situations
this is my experience as well
9/7/2016 5:08 PM
Posted by pallas on 9/7/2016 12:00:00 AM (view original):
"You can only double team 1 guy from team a the other from team b. You can't double team more than 1 player per team per roster. Double teaming one in team a one in team b works like a charm I don't think you can double team more than one guy per team it'll leave too many open guys."

that might actually be sort of what he was saying. what the hell does it mean "you can't double team more than 1 player per team per roster"? does a roster have multiple teams? no. a team has 1 roster. so, the way he uses team, might be how we use lineup. he is probably double teaming 1 guy in the starting line and 1 guy in the backup line.

it seems a constant theme that people misinterpret ward. you guys insist on interpreting ward's words according to their definition, instead of their feeling. its kind of like how people try to respond to anti-vaccination folks, or climate change is a myth folks, with facts. feelings are the currency of many americans these days, and its not a left/right thing. as a half-man half-robot, i find it strange and confusing, because to me, logic trumps everything and i can't imagine it any other way. but it has become clear the way to convince folks who operate on the currency of feelings, is not with facts. i suggest we take them all and tie them to a pole in new orleans until the next once per 500 year caliber disaster happens, so that in like 6 months, they can feel it first hand - all while playing the beatles "i got a feeling" on repeat. we'll have to figure out the sweet spot, so they are high enough up the pole not to drown in a flood, but low enough not to blow away in a hurricane, but we should have at least like 3-4 months to work that out.
9/7/2016 5:28 PM
Posted by gillispie1 on 9/7/2016 5:28:00 PM (view original):
Posted by pallas on 9/7/2016 12:00:00 AM (view original):

that might actually be sort of what he was saying. what the hell does it mean "you can't double team more than 1 player per team per roster"? does a roster have multiple teams? no. a team has 1 roster. so, the way he uses team, might be how we use lineup. he is probably double teaming 1 guy in the starting line and 1 guy in the backup line.

it seems a constant theme that people misinterpret ward. you guys insist on interpreting ward's words according to their definition, instead of their feeling. its kind of like how people try to respond to anti-vaccination folks, or climate change is a myth folks, with facts. feelings are the currency of many americans these days, and its not a left/right thing. as a half-man half-robot, i find it strange and confusing, because to me, logic trumps everything and i can't imagine it any other way. but it has become clear the way to convince folks who operate on the currency of feelings, is not with facts. i suggest we take them all and tie them to a pole in new orleans until the next once per 500 year caliber disaster happens, so that in like 6 months, they can feel it first hand - all while playing the beatles "i got a feeling" on repeat. we'll have to figure out the sweet spot, so they are high enough up the pole not to drown in a flood, but low enough not to blow away in a hurricane, but we should have at least like 3-4 months to work that out.
+1 for a complete and total WTF.

But also, I sort of assumed he meant one starter and one bench player too, but mob rule and all that jazz and then I was suddenly making fun of Wardo.

Apologizes, Wardo.

P.S. This feels a little like Hunter S. Thompson. Take that as you will.
9/7/2016 6:39 PM (edited)
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
◂ Prev 123456 Next ▸
Double teaming pointless? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.