Double teaming pointless? Topic

It's climate change now sir.
9/7/2016 7:08 PM
Posted by CoachWard95 on 9/7/2016 2:02:00 PM (view original):
Posted by vandydave on 9/7/2016 1:45:00 PM (view original):
Seble invited two boys without lunches out to the playground to have a race to see who would get a lunch.

The two boys had a foot race, one boy clearly beating the other boy by several feet. Seble congratulated the winning boy, but then flipped a coin and seeing the result of the coin flip gave the lunch to the boy who lost the race.
+1
Then the boy who won the race asked seble, "why did you make us run the race if it really was just about the coin flip all along?"

postscript - then coaches who prefer HD to be about coinflips rejoiced, while many other coaches quit playing HD, and eventually wis and seble ran out of coins.
9/8/2016 12:03 AM (edited)
Posted by dpm1227 on 9/8/2016 1:18:00 AM (view original):
Climate Change is no myth...man made climate change is. Dirty little secret, the rise in CO2 happens AFTER the temperature increases. Earth has existed for 4 billion plus years, we have climate data for 150 years.

I am staying away from the anti vaccine issue except to say there has never been a credible study linking autism to vaccines.

There is also no credible study linking DDT to any deaths other than mosquitos. Death from mosquito born illnesses has steadily increased since the DDT ban.

Any body up for "assault weapon" myths?

I guess I was digressing a bit.
I'm anti vaccine and I didn't take my vaccines last year. You just happen to went to college!
9/8/2016 2:27 AM
If you are double teaming 2 players and they can pass well they are probably just constantly finding each other open. That's why I rarely double.
9/8/2016 4:28 AM
All those points need to be taken into consideration when looking at a double team.
9/8/2016 5:17 AM
Posted by vandydave on 9/8/2016 12:03:00 AM (view original):
Seble invited two boys without lunches out to the playground to have a race to see who would get a lunch.

The two boys had a foot race, one boy clearly beating the other boy by several feet. Seble congratulated the winning boy, but then flipped a coin and seeing the result of the coin flip gave the lunch to the boy who lost the race.
+1
Then the boy who won the race asked seble, "why did you make us run the race if it really was just about the coin flip all along?"

postscript - then coaches who prefer HD to be about coinflips rejoiced, while many other coaches quit playing HD, and eventually wis and seble ran out of coins.
Maybe your Boston College Naismith team can return money to Maryland and Duke... they've been making Final Fours and they've had to cut a check each year to your Eagles.
9/8/2016 10:25 AM (edited)
Posted by npb7768 on 9/8/2016 10:25:00 AM (view original):
Posted by vandydave on 9/8/2016 12:03:00 AM (view original):

+1

Maybe your Boston College Naismith team can return money to Maryland and Duke... they've been making Final Fours and they've had to cut a check each year to your Eagles.
No worries - I'm dropping BC after this upcoming season, along with all my other teams. I have no desire to run a race that gets decided by a coin flip regardless.
9/8/2016 10:31 AM
Yeah, I mean if you can't ride the coat tails of success of your conference mates why play?
9/8/2016 2:51 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
I'm not sure if trentonjoe's comment is directed toward me - but if so it is sorely uninformed across the various HD worlds over history. I've carried many more conferences than I've followed.
9/9/2016 12:45 PM
Posted by Trentonjoe on 9/8/2016 2:51:00 PM (view original):
Yeah, I mean if you can't ride the coat tails of success of your conference mates why play?
This is a weird statement. Did you ever play team sports?
9/9/2016 2:50 PM
Posted by kcsundevil on 9/9/2016 2:50:00 PM (view original):
Um yeah? I don't ever remembering being rewarded for the town next to me winning the Little League World Series though.....
9/9/2016 3:16 PM
Posted by Trentonjoe on 9/9/2016 3:16:00 PM (view original):
Posted by kcsundevil on 9/9/2016 2:50:00 PM (view original):
Um yeah? I don't ever remembering being rewarded for the town next to me winning the Little League World Series though.....
Terrible example - little league World Series teams are already composite all star teams from within their entire league
9/9/2016 3:31 PM
Um, when the town next door won a state championship in HS football I didn't get anything either.
9/9/2016 4:35 PM (edited)
Posted by Trentonjoe on 9/9/2016 4:28:00 PM (view original):
Um, when the town next door won a state championship on HS football I didn't get anything either.
Did the state football association have a billion dollar tv contract?
9/9/2016 4:28 PM
◂ Prev 123456 Next ▸
Double teaming pointless? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.