Erffdogg Season 40 - Join for the Roll Topic

EDIT: One team left - maybe the best of the bunch. Let's go.

What Teams Are Open
Cleveland Indians
Another team that was run by a really good owner who fell casualty to WIS pricing and value. It's a part of fake fantasy life. This team finished around .500 last year, but has a solid core of players returning and is anchored by 24 yr old stud pitcher Miguel Sanchez. Pitching staff also starts with 27 yrs old Rod Crasner and a tremendous veteran asset like Landon Jones, who can be used to make a run or flipped for prospects. Offense is anchored by 26 yr old 2B Les Golub.

Texas Rangers
Another really good team that is open after winning the division 3x in a row. 1 year removed from the World Series. Sometimes people luck into a team - you can start with a team capable of winning it all. Offensively, you have one of the best hitters in the world in 27 yr old Johnnie Motte, 26 yr old stud CF Wes Rhodes, C stud Santiago Alicea, dominant hybrid reliever Rodrigo Diaz, and many more. This team has some decisions to make on veterans, but has a core that will be around for at least 5-8 seasons.

League Requirements:
  • No win requirements - we go by the WIS baseline they set.
  • We ask that everyone pick a Major League city. Not everyone is currently doing this, but we'd like to get back to it. Ball park doesn't necessarily have to match the city name you take.
I can't stress enough what a good league this is - we welcome all users as long as they either already get the game and like it, or are committed to learning. We're going to roll fast, so please site mail me and let me know if you'd like to reserve one of these teams.

About the League: Erffdogg Memorial was named after legendary WIS HoF player Erffdogg. There are a lot of owners who committed to staying in the league long term as a tribute to our friend. What this means for you is a long, historical league with a lot of stability. Like every other league, we've had a little turnover, but there is a really strong core of good owners who are helpful to new players, like to have fun in the chat, and enjoy the pain that fake fantasy causes.

This is a great league for veteran owners who want to test their mettle, or new guys who want to learn from experienced owners that have won in the past. I'm lazy and wont spend the time looking this up, but I'm guessing we easily have a combined 50+ World Series trophies amongst us. Maybe thats a lot, maybe its not, but its representative of the collective league experience.
9/15/2016 8:59 AM (edited)
The league has a core of committed good owners, and then there are those like me - committed, but so far not very good.

My minor league teams are strong though so you'd assume that would eventually percolate into wins at the major league level. You would assume that wouldn't you?

Maybe this will be the year. I can almost see .500 from here.

Let's Go Mets.
9/6/2016 4:16 PM
The league will roll on Sept. 9. Join now so we can move immediately.
9/7/2016 11:48 AM
By far the best league I have been in (and I've been in this one for all 40 seasons!). Love this league. Great longtime owners, great Major League Baseball theme ... nothing not to like about this league except that you aren't in it yet. Join us!
9/9/2016 9:32 AM
Our division is in. We've rolled over.

Got a few openings though.

Help us fill them.

In the meantime I've got to decide whether to resign my top starting pitcher or not. He wants $ 5 million a year for 4 years.
9/10/2016 4:18 PM
Great league, great guys, always a fast rollover. Join already!
9/12/2016 3:01 PM
Lets fill those last two spots and get this season going!!!!
9/12/2016 7:08 PM
Wont find too many pitchers better than Washington DC's Delgado to start a franchise with (25 years old with 2 Cy-young awards and a 52-18 record across 3 Major League years)
9/13/2016 11:57 AM
Please see above for new information on amazing teams still available. Let's do this
9/13/2016 2:48 PM
Someone take the Indians so that I can swap a few prospects for Les Golub
9/13/2016 3:05 PM
Posted by tmantom3285 on 9/13/2016 3:05:00 PM (view original):
Someone take the Indians so that I can swap a few prospects for Les Golub
right? You rarely get teams this good to take over. I'm surprised no one has taken them yet.
9/14/2016 11:03 AM
Only need 2 to roll and both are solid teams
9/14/2016 11:00 PM
Only one team left open - maybe the one with the most talent. Join now.
9/15/2016 8:59 AM
Here I am struggling to hit .500 and there's an open team which keeps winning its division, and it can't find an owner.
9/16/2016 12:06 AM
Texas is almost a lock for a division crown in my opinion..... they have a solid roster and a good farm system (with a couple good SP prospects). You could easily spend some $/move some prospects and be one of the favorites for the Series or you could trade me some of the solid ML pieces and build a monster farm system while still being a playoff team

Honestly a rare opportunity where you can step right into a great organization who is set up for the future (with a very flexible budget)
9/16/2016 12:46 PM
12 Next ▸
Erffdogg Season 40 - Join for the Roll Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.