questionable theme decisions Topic

This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
I'm not sure what you're trying to say. Newbies get trounced by ringers in Open Leagues and don't come back? or theme leagues aren't interesting enough to newbies? If it's the first point, I agree. If it's the second point I think one of the reasons theme leagues have trouble filling is there are too many of them open at one time. If the problem is lack of appeal to newbies you could help solve the problem by coming up with an idea that would appeal to newbies and running a theme league.
9/7/2016 2:49 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
rbow hit on a couple of good points. One is demand and the other is appeal. I just came back after a few years absence and discovered that leagues don't fill as quickly as they once did. People aren't beating a path to join many leagues, theme, open or otherwise. Some say it is because of Draft Kings or similar style fantasy leagues with promising payouts. That may be a valid reason. The other is definitely appeal. Very few are unique. Most are the same 'ol, same 'ol. We as owners need to place additional skin in the game if we want to fill these things up quicker. WiS is only the mechanism. while we owners needs to flex some creative muscle. The progressives may not appeal to all, but there is a uniqueness about many. One other possibility is to limit the number of available leagues or establish an availability of specific themes/opens. Queue 'em up, and as they fill others get started. Don't know if I like that idea and I don't think I provided any solution---just hope I got the gist of your post, Farley.
9/8/2016 1:35 PM
well put stlyward, and welcome back.
9/8/2016 4:59 PM
my other big gripe is people who don't show who's signed up for the league.They say "We got great owners here.But they don't show them.Ive signed up for leagues that I was lukewarm about,but I liked who was in them.Why would you not show who's in your league?
9/17/2016 7:31 PM
Theres people who run theme leagues and people who play in them.I dont run them becuz im compĆ¼ter challenged.But it would be so nice if some theme owner would ask me-F arley what kind of theme would you like? Does that ever happen?
9/27/2016 5:28 PM
questionable theme decisions Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.