Please notice where this child was drafted. Topic

interesting. Player Profile: Louis Cook and Player Profile: Slash Morgan are other examples of players who were drafted in comparably weird positions.

Gray's draft was from Nov 2015, Morgan's was Dec 2015, and Cook the gem of them all was from Sept 2015. What do we think that means? Do we know if this is still happening?

9/8/2016 8:32 PM
thoughts, hbd world?
9/12/2016 1:47 PM
That's the first "group" that we can really tell anything about. 3rd/4th year players.

That said, if your worlds are like most worlds, a lot of those 15th-25th rounders never get signed. I sign mine and haven't gotten one. But it would be an interesting exercise to check 15th and lower draft picks from 4-5 seasons ago to see if any made the majors.
9/12/2016 2:52 PM
9/12/2016 3:19 PM
That's it in my 3 worlds that were drafted after the updates and are 4th year players to make the bigs.
9/12/2016 3:22 PM
Mike, the MG and Mantle players you posted were both DITRs, so they don't really count.
9/12/2016 3:28 PM
Well, **** me. I wasn't paying attention to that. So 1 player and he's a D-spec.
9/12/2016 3:45 PM
How many owners use conservative draft settings? Might be guys that have questionable sign-ability that fall through the cracks? With 10M/10M league average scouting budgets, every player is probably only seen by half the teams, on average, to begin with.
9/12/2016 7:26 PM (edited)
Judging from the low signing bonuses and presences of Agents, it does not appear that these players were "probably won't sign" or any other type of questionable eligibility.

For Player Profile: Louis Cook, Budget analysis for S33 remains hidden, but that Cheyenne team had a starting player payroll of 139, prospect of 6, and coach 14. That alone adds up to 159, and I imagine his training was 20, so that leaves 6 budget units leftover for draft, IFA, ADV, and MED.

Cook was college, so let's suppose all 6 were in college scouting, there's still no explanation why Cook went where he went.

I am inclined to predict his draft scouts were both 0, and that his entire list was ? players, and that the draft picks were made blindly in a random fashion.

Either that or the devs changed things in the update so that the scouts completely lie to every single team about a handful of players
9/15/2016 3:51 PM
Just realized - I've got Levi Baez in AAA and coming up to the majors next season. He was drafted as a College senior by another team, never signed. I found him at the beginning of the next season in the minor league free agents, and at age 23 his current hitting ratings at the time were eye-catching. I literally went, "whoa, what's this guy doing here?", gave him a major league contract to ensure signing him. He must have been one of these players.

If I had to guess, I'd say that between being a DH and having half the league invested in HS scouting, anyone who even saw this player's projections just didn't take them seriously.

9/15/2016 4:20 PM (edited)
Please notice where this child was drafted. Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.