What If users RL baseball team Topic

Posted by toddcommish on 9/15/2016 11:38:00 AM (view original):

Unless, of course, you said "**** it" and never worked out again. Plenty of fatties in the US who took that route.

Hey, "fatties" is offensive to the metabolically challenged. All overweight people should take a knee during the national anthem to protest this type of persecution.

and the object of the "Guess your Speed" booth is to.... guess your speed. You shouldn't be humping up and trying to blow the back off the booth. I used to win those things all the time throwing a nice comfortable speed (62-66), and then guessing the exact same speed. Two reasons; it was a comfortable repeatable throw (especially not warmed up), and those numbers don't always roll over and it will frequently show the same speed for multiple throws in a row.

You win lots of stuffed animals in baseball gear that way.
Are you a girl or a sissyboy? Of course the objective is to blow the back off the booth. You're there with your boys or your girl or maybe even your kid.

1. Your boys - "HAHA you ******* *****. 66? Did your parents have any male children?"
2. Your girl - "66 is pretty solid. There probably aren't more than 2-3 people at the park that can hit 66. And they're all ex-MLB pitchers."
3. Your kid - "Daddy can still bring it. Not quite my college days when I could hit 74 cold, in my bedroom slippers but still pretty damn good."
9/15/2016 11:55 AM
hahaha, and 74 is what he hit cold cause 75 its such a stretch
9/15/2016 1:16 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 9/15/2016 11:41:00 AM (view original):
I think it's funny that 66 is a nice comfortable speed to throw without warning up but 73 or 74 is ridiculous and impossible.
I said "I USED TO throw...", as in back when I was in my 20's and 30's and cared about winning stuffed animals.

I probably threw BP for my son's baseball team around that range too, but had to warm up for a while.

You're mixing up your old fat guys.
9/15/2016 1:34 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 9/15/2016 11:56:00 AM (view original):
Posted by toddcommish on 9/15/2016 11:38:00 AM (view original):

Unless, of course, you said "**** it" and never worked out again. Plenty of fatties in the US who took that route.

Hey, "fatties" is offensive to the metabolically challenged. All overweight people should take a knee during the national anthem to protest this type of persecution.

and the object of the "Guess your Speed" booth is to.... guess your speed. You shouldn't be humping up and trying to blow the back off the booth. I used to win those things all the time throwing a nice comfortable speed (62-66), and then guessing the exact same speed. Two reasons; it was a comfortable repeatable throw (especially not warmed up), and those numbers don't always roll over and it will frequently show the same speed for multiple throws in a row.

You win lots of stuffed animals in baseball gear that way.
Are you a girl or a sissyboy? Of course the objective is to blow the back off the booth. You're there with your boys or your girl or maybe even your kid.

1. Your boys - "HAHA you ******* *****. 66? Did your parents have any male children?"
2. Your girl - "66 is pretty solid. There probably aren't more than 2-3 people at the park that can hit 66. And they're all ex-MLB pitchers."
3. Your kid - "Daddy can still bring it. Not quite my college days when I could hit 74 cold, in my bedroom slippers but still pretty damn good."
Blowing the back off the booth isn't impressive when you're dragging your arm around like Igor (the Marty Feldman version) the rest of the month.

Besides, if i'm paying $3-5 just to throw a baseball, I wanna win a prize.
9/15/2016 1:38 PM
Posted by toddcommish on 9/15/2016 1:34:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 9/15/2016 11:41:00 AM (view original):
I think it's funny that 66 is a nice comfortable speed to throw without warning up but 73 or 74 is ridiculous and impossible.
I said "I USED TO throw...", as in back when I was in my 20's and 30's and cared about winning stuffed animals.

I probably threw BP for my son's baseball team around that range too, but had to warm up for a while.

You're mixing up your old fat guys.
I'm not mixing you up, I'm laughing at the reaction (or lack thereof) to you saying you used to throw 66 nice and easy without warming up.

If you could throw a nice and easy 66, you could have easily bumped it up to 70+. I'm waiting for miketrump23 to freak out about that.
9/15/2016 1:44 PM
Todd has a much better brains-to-testosterone ratio than the rest of us...
9/15/2016 1:45 PM
Posted by dahsdebater on 9/15/2016 1:45:00 PM (view original):
Guess I'll be the pitching coach for this group then...

"Pitching starts with the legs."
"Home plate doesn't move. Throw strikes."
9/15/2016 2:11 PM
I don't think I want to play on this team. Too much stupid, useless arguing in the dugout.
9/15/2016 2:14 PM
Wylie, go run with the pitchers.
9/15/2016 2:15 PM
Posted by dahsdebater on 9/15/2016 1:45:00 PM (view original):
Yeah, we call that "being a *****" in my circle.
9/15/2016 2:46 PM
I'm waiting for BL to explain what being fat has to do with throwing a baseball.

Pretty sure guys like Fernandez, Wells, Beckett, Broxton, Sabathia, Colon, etc. could all hit (or top) 90, even with a massive gut.
9/15/2016 3:18 PM
Well, I think he accepts that baseball isn't an "athlete" sport. He didn't dispute my claim that it wasn't. And he'd rather argue every point than eat when he's hungry.
9/15/2016 3:22 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 9/15/2016 3:22:00 PM (view original):
Well, I think he accepts that baseball isn't an "athlete" sport. He didn't dispute my claim that it wasn't. And he'd rather argue every point than eat when he's hungry.
I know, but he keeps bring up other people being fat, as if that somehow proves they couldn't throw a certain speed. Weight is irrelevant. Just like Pedro could throw harder than a lot of guys bigger and stronger than him.
9/15/2016 3:24 PM
I think he just likes to call people fat. If you don't say "No, I'm not", he thinks he must be right. I didn't bother, until yesterday, because it's the equivalent of a dick-measuring contest. I have a 12 inch dick and you have a 3 inch dick. Prove me wrong. See? Why bother responding?

I only bothered yesterday because he assumes a 34 y/o is in better shape than a 53 y/o. That's kind of dumb and I felt like pointing it out.
9/15/2016 3:36 PM
I'm not sure conditioning has a whole lot to do with how hard you throw on pitch 1 or pitch 20. I think it matter a whole lot more for how hard you throw on pitch 50 or 100.
9/15/2016 5:49 PM
◂ Prev 1...10|11|12|13|14 Next ▸
What If users RL baseball team Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.