Amateur Draft Question - Signing Risk Levels Topic

In regard to the amateur draft settings, what is the best strategy for signing? I'm in need of drafting players as I'm rebuilding. With that said, to avoid players hesitant to sign, what is the best level to use; very conservative, conservative, balance, aggressive, very aggressive?

Thanks for any suggestions.
9/10/2016 12:06 PM
As the settings say, the risk for not signing a player goes up as you increase the aggressiveness. Very conservative and conservative are the best ones to use to virtually guarantee signings. You may have a player or two hold out for a bit, but remain patient and they should eventually sign. You will also likely have to spend more by using the balanced, aggressive and very aggressive settings as those players will demand more to sign ... or go play hockey (yes, some threaten to play pro hockey. Lol).
9/10/2016 1:36 PM
If you use Very Conservative, I'm pretty sure - unless someone has evidence otherwise - that you'll only draft "Slot money" players. If you want to get the "Undecided" or "First Round/First five rounds" guys, you have to go to "Conservative."

9/10/2016 2:54 PM
Thanks for the feedback. Much appreciated.
9/10/2016 6:21 PM
the only setting that really matters one way or the other is "Supplemental Round", because if you draft a questionable/doubtful guy in the 1* who doesn't sign, you do not receive compensation the next season, you just lose the pick completely. For Rounds 1-5 if you offer their initial demands and the player rejects, you receive the same pick in the next season's draft. So it's safe/smart to go Very Conservative in the supplemental round to protect yourself from that, and the other rounds it's ok to dabble in questionability. Every once in awhile a stud falls thru the cracks Player Profile: Louie Kondou
9/15/2016 4:05 PM
Amateur Draft Question - Signing Risk Levels Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.