HD 3.0 QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS: Topic

Posted by Bbeebe17 on 9/15/2016 11:17:00 AM (view original):
It did refund, and I (despite being a newbie) agree with a few posts ago--my d3 money has seemed to go the furthest in the FSS, followed up by individual scouting.
FSS is a complete bargain, by all you close states.
9/15/2016 12:26 PM
I have found (D3 in Beta) that the effect of notifying a recruit of an anticipated redshirt has been simply devastating, even for individuals who do not have a "Wants To Play" preference. Has anyone had any experiences to the contrary...where the kid accepts the potential redshirt without calling you "crazy" and dropping his interest level to Very Low?
9/15/2016 2:15 PM
I must admit that I have tended to recruit "up" one level in Beta to test the programming...so maybe it is simply because D2 guys are disgusted by the thought of a redshirt at a D3 program???
9/15/2016 2:18 PM
Good question - I never tried it in Beta. I prefer to wait until after recruiting and take my chances.
9/15/2016 4:20 PM
Worked similar to how it's always worked for me, in the beta. He said no way (as they always did in 2.0, for me anyway) and dropped to very low. Recouped interest with a couple HVs, if I recall. I wouldn't do it with a guy you're battling for, for obvious reasons, but if you're the only human on him, it can be done, and works the same as it did before, functionally.
9/15/2016 4:30 PM
Posted by bfflcommish on 9/15/2016 2:15:00 PM (view original):
I have found (D3 in Beta) that the effect of notifying a recruit of an anticipated redshirt has been simply devastating, even for individuals who do not have a "Wants To Play" preference. Has anyone had any experiences to the contrary...where the kid accepts the potential redshirt without calling you "crazy" and dropping his interest level to Very Low?
I'm not certain, but I don't think that has changed at all. Inform of Redshirt is a negative affect either way. Are you sending a few HV to overcome the negative reaction? In 2.0 I would send 4 or 5 HV or 2 CV to balance the effect. I'm not even sure what that number would be in 3.0, but it would have to be some HV &/or a ________ amount of AP.

I *think* the programming was always such that informing a pulldown of RS was really risky. Generally, at D3, I never bothered with informing RS. The bottom rated couple players will take it anyhow.
9/15/2016 4:32 PM
I just signed up to host my own camp with 200 recruits. When I click submit and then look at it is shows that only 107 players plan on attending? Is this correct, something seems off. What is the point of allowing me to select 200 if only 107 guys are gonna come?
9/15/2016 6:12 PM
Posted by skinzfan36 on 9/15/2016 6:12:00 PM (view original):
I just signed up to host my own camp with 200 recruits. When I click submit and then look at it is shows that only 107 players plan on attending? Is this correct, something seems off. What is the point of allowing me to select 200 if only 107 guys are gonna come?
Never mind, I just saw in chapel's guide that it is based on recruits within 500 miles. To me that is pretty messed up and gives a nice advantage to schools that are centrally located rather than on the coasts.

There are 88 DI kids in California, so basically this camp is just scouting CA for me and then 19 kids from other states close by. Really not a big help at all. It should send you 200 kids regardless of distance, or we need to extend the distance so that every school can host 200 kids (whatever distance that would need to be I don't know).
9/15/2016 6:32 PM
Did you get refunded your money for the 93 slots that weren't filled?
9/16/2016 12:39 PM
Posted by noleaniml on 9/16/2016 12:39:00 PM (view original):
Did you get refunded your money for the 93 slots that weren't filled?
yeah, it didn't charge me for it. Still think its a flaw, that given the option to host 200 players you can't simply because there are not 200 players within 500 miles of your school. Change the distance to 1000 miles or possibly send 200 players from the states of whatever region you are located in (the map in chapel's guide for the regional camps).

I guess in the beta I didn't notice this because I was at a midwest school so it always sent 200 players to my camp. I'm surprised I never saw anyone bring this up (maybe someone did).
9/16/2016 5:17 PM
This will kind of suck with my Hawaii team - LOL.
9/16/2016 6:03 PM
Heres a question, I just took over a team in Wooden that has Sim recruits I want to drop after the season. The problem is, my recruiting budget currently is adjusted for just 1 senior player leaving. Arent I getting cut short in my budget because it doesnt know/ realize I am going to cut 2 under classmen?
9/17/2016 12:36 PM
You get the funds if you cut a player that you did not recruit.
9/17/2016 12:42 PM
Posted by Benis on 9/17/2016 12:42:00 PM (view original):
When though? I guess for the early recruitment period I am a little handicapped, and then for the late recruiting period I'll have the extra money?
9/17/2016 1:54 PM
Posted by crabman26 on 9/17/2016 1:54:00 PM (view original):
Posted by Benis on 9/17/2016 12:42:00 PM (view original):
When though? I guess for the early recruitment period I am a little handicapped, and then for the late recruiting period I'll have the extra money?
In the second period (after you rescind the guy) you will receive full funds and attention point.
9/17/2016 2:00 PM
◂ Prev 1234 Next ▸
HD 3.0 QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS: Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.