cubcub 3.0 recruiting blog Topic

Posted by emy1013 on 9/21/2016 11:12:00 AM (view original):
Posted by hughesjr on 9/21/2016 9:21:00 AM (view original):
Posted by emy1013 on 9/18/2016 4:34:00 PM (view original):
Posted by Benis on 9/18/2016 1:39:00 PM (view original):
No. No artificial limit is in place. Just the prestige difference between divisions was beefed up. Also sims are tougher. So all depends on how much effort other teams put in.
Yes, I just noticed that in Wooden recruiting there is a D2 team being considered by a 4 star, top 10 at his position player. His consideration is at Very Low but the fact that he's on there at all still doesn't seem right. I mean, come on, I know about the whole "realism/realistic" argument, the pros and cons of both sides of the issue but this is one situation that would NEVER happen in real life. I'm quite sure that the D2 team won't even come close to winning the recruit but again, having a 4*, top 10 player even considering a D2 school is ludicrous.

And for what it's worth, this is coming from someone who plays almost exclusively D2 teams and a large majority of the time has either a A or A+ prestige so it's not sour grapes at all. In fact, it's a mistake that would favor teams like mine but even I don't want to see players like that on D2 rosters, even if it was MY team that was able to sign that type of player. I also am not naive enough to think that players like this one will end up falling to D2 teams more than once in a (your time frame of choice), but the problem is that it shouldn't happen EVER.
So, if no one else is recruiting him, teams who notice should not be able to try. He will not get the guy if any good DI team wants him. Otherwise he might be able to. Really good players have to go play at lower levels all the time (gets in trouble on campus, with the police, family has medical issues and wants to move close to home, etc.).

I have no issue with it .. if people aren't recruiting him he should go to a human coach somewhere.
I guess we'll have to agree to disagree on this one Hughes. I would think it would be more appropriate for a player of that level to go JuCo and try for D1 again next season as opposed to going to a D2 school.
That's fine .. we can disagree amicably :)
9/21/2016 5:23 PM
I am still in two battles ad just made a very hard choice to make my previous #5 choice my #4 choice, meaning he will for sure get signed. Lots of potential but has a low, green defense that may hold him back if it doesn't get high enough.
9/21/2016 5:37 PM
I am still in two battles ad just made a very hard choice to make my previous #5 choice my #4 choice, meaning he will for sure get signed. Lots of potential but has a low, green defense that may hold him back if it doesn't get high enough.
9/21/2016 5:37 PM
Posted by cubcub113 on 9/21/2016 12:22:00 PM (view original):
No. No artificial limit is in place. Just the prestige difference between divisions was beefed up. Also sims are tougher. So all depends on how much effort other teams put in.
Yes, I just noticed that in Wooden recruiting there is a D2 team being considered by a 4 star, top 10 at his position player. His consideration is at Very Low but the fact that he's on there at all still doesn't seem right. I mean, come on, I know about the whole "realism/realistic" argument, the pros and cons of both sides of the issue but this is one situation that would NEVER happen in real life. I'm quite sure that the D2 team won't even come close to winning the recruit but again, having a 4*, top 10 player even considering a D2 school is ludicrous.

And for what it's worth, this is coming from someone who plays almost exclusively D2 teams and a large majority of the time has either a A or A+ prestige so it's not sour grapes at all. In fact, it's a mistake that would favor teams like mine but even I don't want to see players like that on D2 rosters, even if it was MY team that was able to sign that type of player. I also am not naive enough to think that players like this one will end up falling to D2 teams more than once in a (your time frame of choice), but the problem is that it shouldn't happen EVER.
So, if no one else is recruiting him, teams who notice should not be able to try. He will not get the guy if any good DI team wants him. Otherwise he might be able to. Really good players have to go play at lower levels all the time (gets in trouble on campus, with the police, family has medical issues and wants to move close to home, etc.).

I have no issue with it .. if people aren't recruiting him he should go to a human coach somewhere.
I guess we'll have to agree to disagree on this one Hughes. I would think it would be more appropriate for a player of that level to go JuCo and try for D1 again next season as opposed to going to a D2 school.
In real life, this stuff happens. Kay Felder.
If a top 100 guy falls to DII, then we have a problem. I don't think that will ever happen.
Bad example, Oakland is D1.
9/21/2016 5:44 PM
Posted by kcsundevil on 9/21/2016 5:44:00 PM (view original):

If a top 100 guy falls to DII, then we have a problem. I don't think that will ever happen.
Low DI. Good example. A top 100 guy does not fall to DII in real life, nor will they in this game. An all-American can fall to mid-major in real life (Felder and Western Kentucky). Another example is Kendrick Nunn. He was on Illinois for three years and average about 15 point a game last year but beat a woman over something and transferred to Oakland. He could score 20+ points in the Summit. That will happen in this game too (not exactly--but do you get my point)?
9/22/2016 11:39 AM
I had
--2 battles
--2 Only Me Guys
--3 Only DIII guys

Penn State sniped one of my battles so I have to be mea and snatch one of those guys who was previously only considering DIII.

I now have
--1 Battle (Ill go all in)
--2 Only Me guys
--1 Only me and a DIII guy
--2 Only DIII guys
9/22/2016 11:41 AM
Posted by cubcub113 on 9/22/2016 11:39:00 AM (view original):

Low DI. Good example. A top 100 guy does not fall to DII in real life, nor will they in this game. An all-American can fall to mid-major in real life (Felder and Western Kentucky). Another example is Kendrick Nunn. He was on Illinois for three years and average about 15 point a game last year but beat a woman over something and transferred to Oakland. He could score 20+ points in the Summit. That will happen in this game too (not exactly--but do you get my point)?
You're all over the place and still reaching for bad examples.
9/22/2016 1:07 PM
Posted by kcsundevil on 9/22/2016 1:07:00 PM (view original):
Posted by cubcub113 on 9/22/2016 11:39:00 AM (view original):

You're all over the place and still reaching for bad examples.
There can be problems.

Felder is overlooked because he was 5' 9".

Ulis almost went to Iowa (good program but not at that time--Roy Marble was only starting to get good) until Kentucky popped in.

Nunn is at Oakland because he commited a crime.

Things happen. Players aren't recruited. Felder wasn't top 100. He was 69th at his position! If he thought he was good he could have gone juco and gotten signed by MSU. He didn't.

The irony of this situation is I think we agree on the HD application of this argument. Can you restate your opinion.

Also, I have looked at the past five years for the ESPN top 100 and no player went juco. They commited to Bradley, Rhode Island, Western Kentucky (#9), and DePaul but none of them went Juco. I guess the top ten guy who committed to Western Kentucky should have gone Juco. Edit: I guess the top 100 guys who committed to crappy schools s(Bradley, Rhode Island, DePaul) should have gone Juco. If the #9 guy committed to Kentucky St (DII) he should gone juco.

Ill withdraw the WKU thing as only site mailed me:

he went to WKU because he originally committed to Texas A&M but the coach who recruited him there left to become the head coach at WKU, so he followed him to WKU. Originally he committed to Texas A&M

feel free to point that out since everyone is searching to find some real life example when there isn't an example of a 5 star recruit going to a non powerhouse for anything other than a local school/connections or being recruited by another coach and following them.

also Stansbury hired Robinson's godfather as an assistant coach similar ot he ben simmons situation.

so he previously committed Tamu, because stansbury recruited him, stansbury leaves tamu to be head coach at WKU, robinson reopens recruiting and stansbury hires robinson's godather as an assistant coach to land robinson.
9/22/2016 5:06 PM (edited)
Ill be as transparent as possible. Here is an edited version of my original post that got this whole thing started:

In real life, this stuff happens with mid-majors in DI. Kay Felder. If a top 100 guy goes to a C+ Cal Team, then he should not go juco. If a top 100 guy falls to DII, then we have a problem. With that said, I don't think that will ever happen a Top 100 guy will ever go DII, in real life or HD.

You agree with that,
kcsundevil, right?
9/22/2016 5:14 PM
Posted by cubcub113 on 9/22/2016 5:14:00 PM (view original):
Ill be as transparent as possible. Here is an edited version of my original post that got this whole thing started:

In real life, this stuff happens with mid-majors in DI. Kay Felder. If a top 100 guy goes to a C+ Cal Team, then he should not go juco. If a top 100 guy falls to DII, then we have a problem. With that said, I don't think that will ever happen a Top 100 guy will ever go DII, in real life or HD.

You agree with that,
kcsundevil, right?
Good grief cub, I'm not going to try to make sense of that word rainbow. Life's too short.
9/22/2016 6:12 PM

You agree with that, kcsundevil, right?
9/22/2016 6:14 PM
Top Recruits Going Juco If a top 100 recruit signs with a D+ DI team or worse should he go juco?
Votes: 15
(Last vote received: 9/1/2017 5:00 PM)
9/22/2016 6:16 PM
Top Recruits Going Juco

If a top 20 recruit signs with a C+ DI team or worse should he go juco?
Votes: 11
9/22/2016 6:17 PM
Top Recruits Going Juco

If a top 100 recruit signs with a DII team should he go juco?
Votes: 11
9/22/2016 6:18 PM
Why wouldn't any recruit go to the team he signed with? He signed.
9/22/2016 7:43 PM
◂ Prev 12345 Next ▸
cubcub 3.0 recruiting blog Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.