Public vs. Private Worlds Topic

What is the biggest difference between the two type of leagues.

i just completed my first ever HD season in Musial, a public league.

I've signed up for next year but my league keeps losing owners. We need 11 to reboot.

Ive had a couple of sitemails from private leagues letting me know of potential openings.

so far I've not really looked seriously into moving but I'm considering it more and more.

Does anyone have any advice on public vs, private worlds?

thank you in advance.
9/11/2016 10:51 PM
Private worlds with very short turnover are almost always the best worlds. A few examples are American Pastime, Gehrig, Cooperstown...

Those worlds restart almost immediately. But the reason they turn around quickly is that owners don't leave. So they aren't easy to get into.

So usually the best you can do is look at the Classifieds and look for commissioners that work hard to fill open worlds. aaronbrown99 is one I see a lot with Glavine300 and Raines. KSBeachBums for Gibson are some examples.

Those worlds might not roll immediately, but they don't sit for more than a week. And if you've been in a world with a 7 week extra wait, you'll appreciate that.
9/12/2016 5:58 AM
Private worlds can be more strict. They can enforce their private world rules and regulations and thus players have to follow them.. Public worlds are classified by WIS as worlds that are used for people who are new to the game and just want to play.
9/12/2016 11:30 AM
Either way, avoid worlds with 11 openings. There's a problem of some sort whether you know it or not. Private worlds usually have rules and CAN restrict who can enter(not all do). Public worlds have no rules and no owner restriction. Unfortunately, some private worlds allow the same shenanigans that can occur in public worlds. The most important decision in HBD is picking your world. You can rebuild a team. You can't do that with a world
9/12/2016 12:19 PM
Public vs. Private Worlds Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.