Strikeouts versus other outs Topic

We know that a K is a cosmetic outcome for an out, but I've always wondered if the sim determines pre-AB it will be an out and then goes to the ratings to see if it's a K?

My point being, if a batter doesn't strike out but instead puts the ball in play - there's a chance for an error. Or is that not possible because sim determined that AB to be an out already?

Does that make sense at all or am I crazy
9/12/2016 9:17 AM
My assumption is that the logic is similar to the baseball simulation board games (dice and charts) that I used to play many years ago:

The result of an at-bat will be a hit, walk, strikeout or a potential out in play. If it's a potential out in play, then based on who the ball is hit to, it will be determined if the out is made or there's an error. Or in the event of a fielder with very poor range, it could also become a hit.
9/12/2016 9:27 AM
I've always thought the same thing as tec, having played a lot of the traditional board versions myself. But that being said, each version was a little bit different in how it handled all aspects of the game (particularly outs), and without knowing exactly how HBD handles the out sequence we're just left guessing.
9/12/2016 11:22 AM
Strikeouts versus other outs Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.