OT:Who would you write in for Pres ? Topic

After this weeks smear campaign by the Clinton's of Trump I have switched my vote to Trump. Hillary has in the past defended her own husband who is a rapist. She defended a rapist in court who she herself admitted was guilty. A man who raped and beat a 12 year old girl.

Donald certainly has foot in mouth disease but it appears as if his heart is in the right place. That is much more than I can say for that wretched ***** Hillary.

I have voted 3rd party with pleasure in the past, but not this time. The Clinton's need to be booted out once and for all.
10/14/2016 7:36 PM
Posted by bfkfraser on 10/1/2016 6:39:00 PM (view original):
Posted by realist9900 on 10/1/2016 3:25:00 PM (view original):
Walt Kowalski. "Get off my lawn"
I had an uncle by that name who, in fact, lived in Detroit
Get Off My Lawn is definitely a unique name
10/14/2016 7:45 PM
The fact that is actually a 'race' says more about Hillary then Trump.

The world looks in and can't tell if it's an episode of Jerry Springer or the election coverage. What a gong show.
10/14/2016 7:47 PM
Posted by pete_61 on 9/21/2016 1:06:00 AM (view original):
I will be voting for Darrell L. Castle of the Constitution Party and we will have to write his name in here in Alabama because it costs too much to get his name on the ballot, not that it really matters that much because Americans are not really given a true choice anyway.

Judgement day is coming fella's, one day in the near future you'll probably be voting with a gun, or a pitchfork instead of a pen. That is if there is anything left to vote/fight for. History tends to repeat itself and this world has already seen situations similar to ours in ages past, it never ends well. The tone of this conversation speaks to the truth of these words, and the signs are visible for even the blind to see. But it is not just here, the world has gone mad! If you want to know what it was like in the days of Noah just before the flood came and that world was overturned, then just take a look around you, see just over yonder the storm clouds are rising. Payday someday, Someday payday! We all have a payday coming and we all have a debt to pay.
WHOA
10/14/2016 9:32 PM
It's all right if the world comes to an end.
The important thing is , We can still play GD in the Afterlife .
10/14/2016 11:21 PM
I'd write in Bernie Sanders. :)

As far as non-politicians go, probably the most qualified candidates are people I've never heard of. Instead, I'll just go with Matt Damon. He seems to be intelligent, thoughtful, and is always involved in public service and charity.

As far as our current political system, the only hope is creating a movement that will refuse to vote for anyone for Congress that doesn't support major campaign finance reform and a more structured general system. For example, all candidates get multiple physical examinations from 3rd parties. Vote day is declared a national holiday. Tax return disclosure is required. Also, you must have a rigorously defined tax plan along with details in how you would offset any cuts declared in writing, so there will be at least a basis for discussion rather than just ridiculously vague promises. Televised debates should have an audience behind a soundproof barrier so as not to influence viewers. A standard number of debates where the mic's automatically cut off when it is not the candidate's turn to answer. I'd also love a system that weighted votes based on how informed someone is of the candidates' positions/policies. That would help to guard against the incentive parties currently have to appeal to an uninformed electorate.

In addition, both major parties need to change their voting structure for primaries to a ranking system (to avoid a Trump situation). Democrats should do away with their super-delegate system. Also, the Republican party should stop being so ****** on social issues and join the rest of the world (or better yet, replace them with another party so they don't have to convince every minority or woman that they've changed). We'd still have crony capitalism, but I don't see any easy solution to rid us of that.

OK, sorry, that was just a rant. :)
10/17/2016 2:03 PM (edited)
Posted by mojolad on 10/14/2016 11:21:00 PM (view original):
It's all right if the world comes to an end.
The important thing is , We can still play GD in the Afterlife .
Yeah but the customer service would still suck. It would be outsourced to hell.
10/17/2016 8:25 PM
Posted by kmkemp on 10/17/2016 2:03:00 PM (view original):

As far as non-politicians go, probably the most qualified candidates are people I've never heard of. Instead, I'll just go with Matt Damon. He seems to be intelligent, thoughtful, and is always involved in public service and charity.

As far as our current political system, the only hope is creating a movement that will refuse to vote for anyone for Congress that doesn't support major campaign finance reform and a more structured general system. For example, all candidates get multiple physical examinations from 3rd parties. Vote day is declared a national holiday. Tax return disclosure is required. Also, you must have a rigorously defined tax plan along with details in how you would offset any cuts declared in writing, so there will be at least a basis for discussion rather than just ridiculously vague promises. Televised debates should have an audience behind a soundproof barrier so as not to influence viewers. A standard number of debates where the mic's automatically cut off when it is not the candidate's turn to answer. I'd also love a system that weighted votes based on how informed someone is of the candidates' positions/policies. That would help to guard against the incentive parties currently have to appeal to an uninformed electorate.

In addition, both major parties need to change their voting structure for primaries to a ranking system (to avoid a Trump situation). Democrats should do away with their super-delegate system. Also, the Republican party should stop being so ****** on social issues and join the rest of the world (or better yet, replace them with another party so they don't have to convince every minority or woman that they've changed). We'd still have crony capitalism, but I don't see any easy solution to rid us of that.

Why didn't you just say I'm a very liberal individual and will not be happy until things go the way I think they should?
10/17/2016 9:11 PM
Posted by gators06 on 10/17/2016 9:11:00 PM (view original):

Why didn't you just say I'm a very liberal individual and will not be happy until things go the way I think they should?
I am liberal (for America, at least), but I don't think that campaign finance reform, crony capitalism, or voting reform are partisan issues.
10/17/2016 9:24 PM (edited)
Posted by kmkemp on 10/17/2016 9:24:00 PM (view original):
Posted by gators06 on 10/17/2016 9:11:00 PM (view original):

I am liberal (for America, at least), but I don't think that campaign finance reform, crony capitalism, or voting reform are partisan issues.
I especially agree with voting reform and campaign finance reform. Everyone shows valid I.D. And if you receive funds from a felon you are charged.
10/17/2016 9:29 PM
◂ Prev 1234
OT:Who would you write in for Pres ? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.