Calendar for when each world recruits? Topic

is there a calendar for when each world recruits? I'm a little backwards in that I really don't have time to recruit much on the weekends (at least on the most important second day). So where can I find a calendar that shows when each world starts/ends recruiting?

GDreports used to have one on the website but it's not functioning

Thanks!
9/14/2016 3:32 PM (edited)
These are the days when the recruiting period starts for all worlds:
Wilkinson....Wednesday
Leahy....Sunday
Stagg....Wednesday
Warner....Sunday
Heisman....Thursday
Hayes....Friday
Yost....Saturday
Rockne....Tuesday
Bryant....Saturday
Dobie.....Wednesday.

I will say, though, that Wilkinson is the most active world right now. You just missed their new coach sign-up period. But that will come around again in 5 weeks.
9/15/2016 12:21 AM
The above is correct, BUT it's the following day when the reports come back and surely the more important/most active day when we need to be free?
9/15/2016 1:25 AM
polarsi....agree for D3 and D2. But in D1 (especially in the competitive worlds), many people jump on recruits right away now, so by day 2 it might be too late.
9/15/2016 1:37 AM
Posted by bjschumacher on 9/15/2016 1:37:00 AM (view original):
polarsi....agree for D3 and D2. But in D1 (especially in the competitive worlds), many people jump on recruits right away now, so by day 2 it might be too late.
bj, I want to make sure I'm understanding what you're saying. During the first 24 hour period are you saying it matters to send your scouts, phone calls, cv's, etc. earlier than later? I've never played at the D1 level, but I was under the impression that the timing in the first 24 hours really didn't matter as long as you got it done.
9/15/2016 12:37 PM
I'm saying that it seems like more and more coaches are sending out CVs to recruits in the first 24 hour cycle, so a lot of the best recruits are already green to some teams by the time you get your scouting responses back.
9/15/2016 12:51 PM
Posted by bjschumacher on 9/15/2016 12:21:00 AM (view original):
These are the days when the recruiting period starts for all worlds:
Wilkinson....Wednesday
Leahy....Sunday
Stagg....Wednesday
Warner....Sunday
Heisman....Thursday
Hayes....Friday
Yost....Saturday
Rockne....Tuesday
Bryant....Saturday
Dobie.....Wednesday.

I will say, though, that Wilkinson is the most active world right now. You just missed their new coach sign-up period. But that will come around again in 5 weeks.
what I meant bj is that, taking Hayes as an example, the key times are midday, 3 p.m. and 6 p.m on the Saturday rather than the Friday. Yes, you need to get the scouts in but the feedback is on the Saturday which is the key day surely?
9/15/2016 4:21 PM
Gotcha bj. I've noticed this happening in D3 for the last 8-9 months as well.
9/15/2016 4:24 PM
polarsi; yes, I agree. I was only saying that waiting for scout reports might get you to the party too late in some cases. But for Hayes, yes if you wanted to send out some CVs in the 24hr cycle, you could do it Saturday morning before the midday update.
9/15/2016 6:48 PM
Much appreciated guys!
10/11/2016 3:06 PM
Calendar for when each world recruits? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.