No more maxed messages Topic

I always liked the maxed out messages. Needed that royalty payment

Do we believe that red in 3.0 is maxed out or do we believe that there can be a smidge of improvement after red?

9/15/2016 5:14 PM
According to beta, players can gain at least 3 points while red.
9/15/2016 5:45 PM
If nothing else, they still need sent out for free throws. FT never turns red and given the letter grades vs. number grades, it is next to impossible to know if incremental gain within a letter grade remains.
9/15/2016 6:14 PM
Why eliminate the maxed out messages?
It was nice to know when no further development was even possible.
9/18/2016 5:00 AM
Because the "maxed" messages were random and inaccurate. A player could have ~2 points remaining when the message was delivered.

Red is simply the low-low line or < 3 remaining. You may now tell exactly where the cap is by looking at the ratings history. No need for the random message.
9/18/2016 7:02 AM
Posted by rogelio on 9/18/2016 7:02:00 AM (view original):
Because the "maxed" messages were random and inaccurate. A player could have ~2 points remaining when the message was delivered.

Red is simply the low-low line or < 3 remaining. You may now tell exactly where the cap is by looking at the ratings history. No need for the random message.
Maybe we don't want to have to study the player ratings every day to see when one pops from orange to red.
9/18/2016 9:52 AM
Posted by rogelio on 9/18/2016 7:02:00 AM (view original):

Uh, where did you get the "fact" the messages were random and inaccurate? I believe you are incorrect.

And no, you can not exactly where the cap is by looking at the ratings history. If a category is red when you recruiting him, a player's rating history will tell you nothing as to whether he can still improve 1-3 numbers.
9/18/2016 12:09 PM
Wrong. Quiz:
  1. 44 orange & 44 red = ______?
  2. 50 black & 51 orange = _____ or ______?
  3. 50 blue + 64 orange = ________?
  4. 72 green = ________?
  5. (2.0) if a maxed message is received at the start of a season at a red 50, then what range of potential values are there for that rating?
I'll wait...
9/18/2016 12:24 PM
If the maxed out message is sent ... then the range of potential somewhere between + or - .5
9/18/2016 12:57 PM
False. Also moot, but I've seen 2 points improvement after receiving the message. It could also, of course, be sent at zero remaining. Effectively random.
9/18/2016 1:16 PM
NEVER seen 2 points improvement after maxed out message IN THE SAME SEASON.
The maxed out message only applies to the season in progress. Things can change in the off-season ... but still should be in the + or - 1 range.
Really, there is no need to remove the maxed out messages.
9/18/2016 1:58 PM
Posted by phalla on 9/18/2016 1:58:00 PM (view original):
The maxed out message only applies to the season in progress. Things can change in the off-season ... but still should be in the + or - 1 range.
yep never happened
9/18/2016 2:13 PM
Posted by phalla on 9/18/2016 1:58:00 PM (view original):
I've seen it. 2 points within a season is entirely possible, and happens.
9/18/2016 6:05 PM
Not after receiving a maxed out message. You can not improve 2 more points in the same season.
9/18/2016 7:04 PM
I've had many SR's maxed out in every category ...and then I just spread the practice minutes across all the categories ... in the neighborhood of 11-12 minutes per.
NEVER had one improve even a single point the rest of the season after receiving the maxed out message ... though I believe 1 is rarely possible.
9/18/2016 7:15 PM
12 Next ▸
No more maxed messages Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.