No more maxed messages Topic

phalla, that's the issue. The potential was 7 over the change black to red. Now it's 7 over black to orange. There is no debating that. That it might take a ton of practice to get to the max in a season is fact also. The maxed out message never changed the potential max rating in that category.

Simply put, a player is generated with a maximum potential rating and an initial rating. The maximum potential rating is fixed, if your guy isn't there, then the potential remained. You might have chosen to not to trade off practice in other areas to try to get it in-season (after receiving the maxed message), but that didn't change what the potential figure was.
9/18/2016 8:18 PM
?
The issue is we don't get maxed out messages any more.
And they are useful and it was unnecessary to discontinue them.
9/18/2016 8:33 PM
Issue: they didn't represent what you thought they did. Now that you know that red numbers are within 3 points of final potential, what's the point? Before, red only meant within 7. They no longer add anything and would only confuse matters. Not sure you'll be convinced, but they wouldn't add anything at this point.
9/18/2016 9:10 PM
All the talk of numeric rankings ignores the bigger issue with FT ratings, which apparently doesn't turn red (or green) under 3.0.
So if you recruit a kid in 3.0 who has a yellow FT rating of C+, is said player...
a. capped already?
b. capable of growth, but you'll never see it? (from just inside the C/C+ borderline to a cap at in the high C+ range), or
c. able to improve to a B- before hitting his cap? (because in 2.0, a red FT rating is capable of raising one step).

Any of the three are theoretically correct in that situation, so what's the best coaching play in those situations? Allocate minimal FT practice minutes and just take the offseason gains so as to avoid wasting anything?
I agree that I can track the changes in color schemes to learn where a player's cap is on all the numeric rankings (whether I should have to do so is another matter, but absolutely I can do it). But how does one play a three-color scheme for a non-numeric letter grade that is, itself, a mask for an actual percentage number in a world with no maxed out messages.
9/18/2016 10:12 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Posted by rogelio on 9/18/2016 9:10:00 PM (view original):
Issue: they didn't represent what you thought they did. Now that you know that red numbers are within 3 points of final potential, what's the point? Before, red only meant within 7. They no longer add anything and would only confuse matters. Not sure you'll be convinced, but they wouldn't add anything at this point.
rog - you aren't addressing MY point and my reason for the emails.

How do you know when a player has turned red??
9/19/2016 9:43 AM
Posted by mullycj on 9/19/2016 9:43:00 AM (view original):
Posted by rogelio on 9/18/2016 9:10:00 PM (view original):
rog - you aren't addressing MY point and my reason for the emails.

How do you know when a player has turned red??
1 click on the Ratings History tab will allow you to figure that out with more precision than the stupid maxed emails ever did. At worst, you should be able to figure it out within 2 points...any time you like. I can tell already this is pointless.

The point on Free Throws is well-taken. No idea why that doesn't switch to red or start at green on occasion. Otherwise, this is just fetishism of the past.

9/19/2016 10:05 AM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Have you clicked on the Ratings History tab? Notice that historical figures and colors are preserved. If you look through those figures, you can quickly get within 2 points of the accurate ratings potential figure in about 95% of cases EVEN WITHOUT CHECKING FOR A FEW WEEKS!
9/19/2016 12:23 PM
Lets agree to disagree then.
I don't want to have to check the ratings every day to tell when I need to lower my practice minutes for a red rating.
You don't want to have to sift through emails about maxed out ratings.
9/19/2016 2:44 PM
Rogelio and mully, you both make good arguments for not having and having the emails. My only issue with not having the emails makes checking ratings and setting practice minutes take longer. Recruiting takes longer tracking ratings takes longer, it seems everything takes longer making it a real inconvenience.
9/19/2016 9:19 PM
◂ Prev 12
No more maxed messages Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.