Kind of Like It Topic

Just rolled over in Tark (which is my only team). I'm in the minority I'm sure but I kind of like the updates. It's like re-discovering the game again. I get bored easily so sticking with any game for 3 years for me is a stretch. I like the new interface and the fact you can be more effective on mobile devices. Haven't gotten into recruiting yet so we'll see.
9/16/2016 2:33 PM
interface is great

cant stand the new scouting for a host of reasons - I'm phasing out - but good luck to all who stay
9/16/2016 2:51 PM
I'm also a big fan of the new interface and layout.
9/16/2016 3:29 PM
I'm in recently rolled over Smith, and just checked my scores for the exhibition game on my phone and wow, what a difference.Tons of details all available via mobile device. Cool. Now, for the huge learning curve of the new game play. Seems like recruiting can be a full time job now, how do I know how much to spend and when? So many decisions.
9/17/2016 10:10 AM
Posted by fanon on 9/17/2016 10:10:00 AM (view original):
I'm in recently rolled over Smith, and just checked my scores for the exhibition game on my phone and wow, what a difference.Tons of details all available via mobile device. Cool. Now, for the huge learning curve of the new game play. Seems like recruiting can be a full time job now, how do I know how much to spend and when? So many decisions.
Just spend 10 minutes every other day scouting. Look at chapel's five minute scouting guide.
9/17/2016 10:15 AM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
scouting is a bigger problem imo
9/17/2016 2:11 PM
Being in Wooden, I've been messing around with scouting for several weeks now. I think it's better, actually. I get it -- it's new and takes longer (maybe) and requires more research. But I think it's those things that make it better. In 2.0, you bought a state and boom, you had almost all the information you needed on a guy. And you knew anyone who also bought that state also had almost all the information they needed. Simple. No decisions, no weighing options. No thinking.

Now, in 3.0, there are more variables -- i.e. preferences actually mean something. Now, it's not one-click-and-done scouting. Everyone going after a player doesn't have all the information, or even the same information. Coaches have to weigh risk and reward if they want to gain intel on players. There's planning and a bit of skill.

I agree there are negatives. Chiefly, as someone mentioned, there are far fewer recruits, for some reason. And anyone being able to recruit anyone, which might be a negative. But I think it may help mid-majors get better, rather than chill in D1 purgatory season after season.

Just my opinion.
9/17/2016 2:33 PM
Posted by pallas on 9/17/2016 2:33:00 PM (view original):
Being in Wooden, I've been messing around with scouting for several weeks now. I think it's better, actually. I get it -- it's new and takes longer (maybe) and requires more research. But I think it's those things that make it better. In 2.0, you bought a state and boom, you had almost all the information you needed on a guy. And you knew anyone who also bought that state also had almost all the information they needed. Simple. No decisions, no weighing options. No thinking.

Now, in 3.0, there are more variables -- i.e. preferences actually mean something. Now, it's not one-click-and-done scouting. Everyone going after a player doesn't have all the information, or even the same information. Coaches have to weigh risk and reward if they want to gain intel on players. There's planning and a bit of skill.

I agree there are negatives. Chiefly, as someone mentioned, there are far fewer recruits, for some reason. And anyone being able to recruit anyone, which might be a negative. But I think it may help mid-majors get better, rather than chill in D1 purgatory season after season.

Just my opinion.
Great take!
9/18/2016 2:50 AM
The new interface and layout could of all been done without the change in recruiting.

The cosmetic changes really are irrelevant to the 3.0 update.
9/18/2016 3:40 AM
Kind of Like It Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.