Jucos Don't Attend Camps? Topic

Hosted a camp with my Fresno St team and only 120-something out of 200 kids showed. Then I Fss'ed all the nearby states, only to find 0 of the projected D1 jucos within 500 miles attended the camps, so I only have level 1 scouting info on them. Was this the case in beta as well? Any ideas why jucos are excluded from the camps?
9/16/2016 10:55 PM
Juco system is a shell of what it used to be in the new game. I'd be more surprised to hear about something Juco-related working well.
9/16/2016 11:04 PM
I think having the ability to also host a separate JUCO camp would be a good thing. There are JUCO AAU events IRL.

As to the original question .. none of my hosted camps had any JUCOs show up either.

I did scout some JUCOs with my 'Assistant Search' .. Though you can't specifically use the assistant search to target JUCOs specifically. But you can select and scout JUCOs individually once you filter for them in the Recruit Pool.

You can also find all JUCOs in a state with FSS on that state and get them into your recruit pool initially.
9/17/2016 6:12 AM (edited)
inability to search and filter for jucos is a big step backwards - as with other filter failures
9/17/2016 5:45 AM
Posted by fd343ny on 9/17/2016 5:45:00 AM (view original):
inability to search and filter for jucos is a big step backwards - as with other filter failures
There is no 'inability to search and filter for JUCOs'.

There is a specific check box for JUCOs and one for Transfers in the recruit pool search feature (Middle column near the top). If you do not see it, ake sure you have Advanced checked for View. in the Recruit Pool page.

The inability is to see JUCOs or Transfers without discovering them (same as any other recruit), Once you discover them, you can filter for them if you want to.

After you filter for all JUCOs and Transfers .. you can scout any of them you want individually by clicking the 'check box' beside their name and then using the Calculate Cost button at the bottom of the page. I have 31 JUCOs discovered with one of my D2 teams and 32 with the other team.

I do think that allowing for 2 things would make the game better.

1. Add a check box section on the 'Assistant Search' form that has JUCO, Transfer, HS and another checkbox section for eligibility that has 1, 2, 3, 4. Then you could better focus your searches.

2. Add the ability to hold a second camp for JUCOs .. or the ability to have JUCOs come to your camp (a checkbox for JUCO would work). .
But even without those features, you can still search and filter for JUCOs and Transfers in your recruit pool .. you just have to get them into your pool to see them.
9/17/2016 6:06 AM
I wonder whether the transition from 2.0 to 3.0 effectively resulted in a JuCo massacre? It's possible that, excepting recruits generated as JuCos, all were deleted.

Recruit generation has not been otherwise changed. So, I expect there was no logic to generate more.
9/17/2016 7:17 AM
Thank you, hughesjr, for spelling out all the facts. Sometimes it's hard to wade through all the ... rest.
9/17/2016 10:21 AM
Posted by hughesjr on 9/17/2016 6:06:00 AM (view original):
Posted by fd343ny on 9/17/2016 5:45:00 AM (view original):
There is no 'inability to search and filter for JUCOs'.

There is a specific check box for JUCOs and one for Transfers in the recruit pool search feature (Middle column near the top). If you do not see it, ake sure you have Advanced checked for View. in the Recruit Pool page.

The inability is to see JUCOs or Transfers without discovering them (same as any other recruit), Once you discover them, you can filter for them if you want to.

After you filter for all JUCOs and Transfers .. you can scout any of them you want individually by clicking the 'check box' beside their name and then using the Calculate Cost button at the bottom of the page. I have 31 JUCOs discovered with one of my D2 teams and 32 with the other team.

I do think that allowing for 2 things would make the game better.

1. Add a check box section on the 'Assistant Search' form that has JUCO, Transfer, HS and another checkbox section for eligibility that has 1, 2, 3, 4. Then you could better focus your searches.

2. Add the ability to hold a second camp for JUCOs .. or the ability to have JUCOs come to your camp (a checkbox for JUCO would work). .
But even without those features, you can still search and filter for JUCOs and Transfers in your recruit pool .. you just have to get them into your pool to see them.
point well taken hughes

what one cannot do is say - I am looking for a juco and concentrate on that. You have to go through the morass of scouting and only then discover jucos - andthen one can filter. But you cant start the process by filtering for jucos

The discovery process makes sense as a concept for recruiting generally (although I find it unacceptably click heavy, klugey and slow). Makes no sense that one cant embark on a scouting effort focused on jucos.

In real life, one can easily say here are the outstanding jucos that may be available

perhaps the top 100 jucos should be "discovered" automatically as are the top 100 high school recruits?

9/17/2016 11:22 AM
No there will be no Jucos because of the fact only 1.18 recruits are being generated per opening instead of 1.73. I am LOVING 3.0 but this is a big issue.
9/17/2016 11:23 AM
I just ran a 200 player camp in Allen, discovered 77 players, 0 new Jucos.

Cool game, WIS.
9/17/2016 4:57 PM
So after a team strikes out in the new world of clickfest scouting and recruiting - or gets savaged by EEs, there will not be jucos available to plug spots with guys who at least know your offense or defense.....Another nail in the coffin from my perspective.
9/17/2016 4:59 PM
IIRC, many Juco's are created when they aren't successfully recruited as HS seniors. Since there is discontinuity between the last season of 2.0 and the first season of 3.0, I would expect either a scarcity or complete absence of Juco's in the first season of 3.0. I would expect things to return to normal thereafter.
9/17/2016 5:08 PM
Posted by CoachSpud on 9/17/2016 5:08:00 PM (view original):
IIRC, many Juco's are created when they aren't successfully recruited as HS seniors. Since there is discontinuity between the last season of 2.0 and the first season of 3.0, I would expect either a scarcity or complete absence of Juco's in the first season of 3.0. I would expect things to return to normal thereafter.
Those are the three year jucos you are referring to. There are roughly 75ish two year jucos randomly generated every season. In 3.0 the juco-2's still exist but why they don't attend public or private camps doesn't make any sense.
9/17/2016 5:22 PM
This argument that "oh yes you can search for jucos" is just a semantics game.
You used to be able search and find every juco in the nation.
Now you can no longer search (new semantics "discover") jucos.
You have to search every state in the union that may have a JC player to find all of them ... and get them into your "recruit pool", where yes you can separate them out from the high schoolers.

But damnit, you have to bleepin' "discover" them first.
Quit trying to pretend like this isn't a huge change from 2.0
9/18/2016 4:49 AM
Jucos Don't Attend Camps? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.