CJ's Sec LoVe Topic

I sure hope that you do a show on the SEC playing FCS Schools or the likes of Umass, esp after the way you went after the Big Ten there is Parity. Tell Alabama to watch out for that Kent St you were talking about better yet that FCS Chattanooga.
9/17/2016 7:20 AM
First off, thanks for listening!

However, if you listened to everything I say, I went after the Big10 for playing crap schools in week 1. I mentioned that it impressed me that the SEC was playing big games on the first day of the season. Every conference has at least one cupcake week...that's fine. I just liked that the SEC, Big12 and Pac12 were willing to play tough teams out of the gate. I like everyone in the Big10...except for Iowa (who hasn't played a real program in about 20 years).
9/17/2016 9:26 AM (edited)
Iowa plays plenty of tough teams; they just don't do it in the first 3 weeks of the season. You'd think with a contract for pretty much the rest of his life Kirk Ferentz would be more willing to play tougher teams early on.
9/17/2016 7:37 AM
Posted by roboto39 on 9/17/2016 7:37:00 AM (view original):
Iowa plays plenty of tough teams; they just don't do it in the first 3 weeks of the season. You'd think with a contract for pretty much the rest of his life Kirk Ferentz would be more willing to play tougher teams early on.
He might think the firing logic in NCAA is the same as WIS.
9/17/2016 7:41 AM
Posted by cjsweat on 9/17/2016 9:26:00 AM (view original):

However, if you listened to everything I say, I went after the Big10 for playing crap schools in week 1. I mentioned that it impressed me that the SEC was playing big games on the first day of the season. Every conference has at least one cupcake week...that's fine. I just liked that the SEC, Big12 and Pac12 were willing to play tough teams out of the gate. I like everyone in the Big10...except for Iowa (who hasn't played a real program in about 20 years).
North Dakota State beats Iowa today 23-21. NDSU has won an amazing team 5 straight FCS titles and have beat numerous D1 schools over the past decade.

GO BISON!!
9/17/2016 3:40 PM
Move up to D1 unless you are chicken!!!
9/17/2016 4:47 PM
Posted by hitman1979 on 9/17/2016 4:47:00 PM (view original):
Move up to D1 unless you are chicken!!!
Why, when you can maintain this kind of success? An FCS title is worth more than a Music City Bowl appearance imo.
9/17/2016 7:31 PM
9/17/2016 7:43 PM
Posted by timberdrive on 9/17/2016 3:41:00 PM (view original):

North Dakota State beats Iowa today 23-21. NDSU has won an amazing team 5 straight FCS titles and have beat numerous D1 schools over the past decade.

GO BISON!!
Interestingly, that loss triggered a $50k bonus for Ferentz under his new contract.
9/18/2016 10:53 AM
Posted by vhoward415 on 9/18/2016 10:53:00 AM (view original):
Posted by timberdrive on 9/17/2016 3:41:00 PM (view original):

GO BISON!!
Interestingly, that loss triggered a $50k bonus for Ferentz under his new contract.
That's ridiculous.
9/18/2016 12:15 PM
Hey NDS is a quality team if they though they could sustain the success for the length of a season I'm sure they would move up. There was an article at the beginning of the season about what the top team make because of endorsements, It's well worth it to move up when the low end top 35 schools make in the 30 million a year market. The top end boys make close to 200 mill. ---- I like the first week of games but there is parity in college football it always evens out as week two proved.
9/18/2016 6:09 PM
I know the sec has decreed that all teams must play atleast one team from a power 5 conf each season. I'd assume that other conferences have something similar but I'm not familiar with any. I love the idea since you get old miss fsu and ark tcu.
9/18/2016 7:58 PM
CJ's Sec LoVe Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.