The Recruiting season is too long Topic

Posted by vikesrule69 on 9/21/2016 3:20:00 AM (view original):
add more exhibition or regular season games
for sure down with 2 more exhibition games with freshman. or even intersquad games to try out gameplans.
1/31/2017 11:36 AM
hey WIS programmers!! Take note at this post, there are some great suggestions for improvement!!
By the way does anyone know the usernames of the WIS folks?
1/31/2017 11:52 AM
Great post guys!!! I agree that the recruiting period may be a bit too long and I also agree that a day or two to evaluate talent and gameplan experimentation via intersquad games would be beneficial as well as adding "realism" to the game. Pre season intersquad "scrimmages" have always been an integral part of college football!!
1/31/2017 12:01 PM
One would think that the WIS staff would read these forums for suggestions to improve the game so more than likely you would get more new users! I dont understand their train of thought behind letting GD waste away. What a game this could be!!!
1/31/2017 12:23 PM
Posted by coachoatie on 1/31/2017 12:23:00 PM (view original):
One would think that the WIS staff would read these forums for suggestions to improve the game so more than likely you would get more new users! I dont understand their train of thought behind letting GD waste away. What a game this could be!!!
Sadly, I don't think a developer has interacted with the forums in over two years. It's really unbelievable that they can't devote an hour a week to touch base with us. I think they would be surprised how far a little goodwill goes.

That said, that's a crusade that I've given up on. Maybe one day, we'll get a go-getter in there their understands how important loyal customers are.
1/31/2017 12:53 PM
I would love to see the test feature back that was awesome. I agree just let us test against the default game plans but it would still allow a true test of our personal gameplans and how effective they are against base offense/defense.
1/31/2017 1:26 PM
Posted by rowlfie_bear on 10/12/2016 5:49:00 AM (view original):
I'm ok with the length of recruiting, but I think it would be better if we extended the cycles from every 3 hours to every 4 or 6 hours.
Might be able to get some sleep during recruiting!
Also it would be good if signings were added to the roster once they actually sign so they can be used in more exhibition games.
Test feature sounds interesting.
Would also be good to have summary historical stats on effectiveness of plays vs run or poss defenses, e.g. avg yards gained, to help game planning.
Six-hour cycles work very nicely in HD.
2/1/2017 12:20 AM
Careful what you wish for. While I agree that there are certainly areas for improvement or opportunities to add richness to this game, I generally think GD is in pretty good shape right now. I'd say the potential to mess up things that are working just fine is not worth incremental improvements.

Once upon a time, a bunch of coaches who weren't good enough to figure out how to win complained that running was overpowered in the game. Then we got GD 2.0, which was a steaming pile of dog ****. So... yeah... I'm more inclined to say, "Let's just leave well enough alone."
2/1/2017 12:18 PM
Posted by l80r20 on 2/1/2017 12:20:00 AM (view original):
Posted by rowlfie_bear on 10/12/2016 5:49:00 AM (view original):
I'm ok with the length of recruiting, but I think it would be better if we extended the cycles from every 3 hours to every 4 or 6 hours.
Might be able to get some sleep during recruiting!
Also it would be good if signings were added to the roster once they actually sign so they can be used in more exhibition games.
Test feature sounds interesting.
Would also be good to have summary historical stats on effectiveness of plays vs run or poss defenses, e.g. avg yards gained, to help game planning.
Six-hour cycles work very nicely in HD.
Agree...I have been very happy with the switch to 6-hour recruiting cycles in Hoop Dynasty and would love to see a similar change in Gridiron Dynasty at some point in the future.
2/1/2017 2:33 PM
◂ Prev 12
The Recruiting season is too long Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.