How do I get recruiting tools 100% accessible? Topic

First off, I acknowledge that I could probably find this information somewhere is one of the great guides that coaches have so generously published, but I'm totally swamped this week and don't have much time for research.

Could someone quickly explain to to me how I make the various recruiting tools (HVs, CVs, schollie offer) accessible? I put 20 attention points toward a player, which is 25% of my total, and I'm not even close to getting any of the tools unlocked.

Do I need to keeping feeding him more attention points or do I just wait for more cycles and the percentages will keep increasing without directing more points to him? If I do have to keep feeding him more attention points, how the hell do you get multiple players to get unlocked at the same time?

Overall, I like the new system, but this need to unlock basic recruiting tools seems very ill conceived and annoying.
9/19/2016 1:07 PM (edited)
You have to keep giving him ATTN points

Its a cumulative effect
9/19/2016 11:49 AM
They will stay on him unless you move them though. So, if you are trying to unlock certain players, and you already have APs on them, you can just leave them on there.
9/19/2016 11:51 AM
One strategy may be to identify 3 or 4 targets, but start recruiting with the bulk of your AP assigned to 1 recruit, then shift it once the recruiting functions have been unlocked.

It may be possible to sit back and wait. More likely you will want to target 1 or 2 to make sure you unlock to CV fairly early.
9/19/2016 11:54 AM
keep in mind, some recruits will unlock easier than others... for example, if you are going after a guy at a higher division it will probably take longer. that is why they decided to show the percentages - it is a type of feedback. For me, I dumped all AP on one guy in some cases if I really like him... meanwhile, other targets that had no competing schools could wait for later. but it is risky and a different mindset / problem to figure out. Not sure I like it either at this point. it should be much easier to unlock guys at your division generally speaking.
9/19/2016 11:57 AM
Also pay close attention to preferences and the level of the player. A player with bad preference matches and at a higher level (D1 recruit for a D2 school) will take longer to unlock actions (more attention points needed) than a player with good preference matches.
9/19/2016 11:58 AM
Okay, so spreading 15-20 points around three or four players doesn't seem like a viable approach because I won't get there like that.

So once I have one player unlocked enough to use the recruit tools, can I remove some of the points from him and then use those to unlock other players?

Thanks for the help, guys. Obviously I'm playing catch up a bit.
9/19/2016 11:59 AM
Looks like Rogelio answered most of my question!
9/19/2016 12:00 PM
Posted by mniven on 9/19/2016 11:59:00 AM (view original):
Okay, so spreading 15-20 points around three or four players doesn't seem like a viable approach because I won't get there like that.

So once I have one player unlocked enough to use the recruit tools, can I remove some of the points from him and then use those to unlock other players?

Thanks for the help, guys. Obviously I'm playing catch up a bit.
No that can be a viable approach. It just takes more cycles. Its a safer approach in case some other team at a higher division jumps on. You won't have spent all those APs on a guy you probably can't get anymore.
9/19/2016 12:45 PM
" I put 20 attention points toward a player, which is 25% of my total, and I'm not even close to getting any of the tools unlocked. "

Preferences matter in how fast a recruit progresses toward being unlocked. So does his level vs. your team's prestige. If you can see that his progress toward being unlocked is not going to be fast enough to meet your needs it suggests you shot too high. BTW, offering the schollie, the first thing that unlocks, accelerates the progress of the other tools. Good luck.
9/19/2016 2:11 PM
Once everything is unlocked is there still value in leaving attention points on the recruit? Like recruiting credit or something?
9/19/2016 3:03 PM
Yes. Attention points have value whenever and to whomever they are delivered.
9/19/2016 7:22 PM
How do I get recruiting tools 100% accessible? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.