Gaining ratings points during recruiting Topic

My league, Dobie, is in the middle of recruiting right now. I happened to take a look at a team profile and noticed that several players were gaining ratings points, some as many as 5 or 6. Is this common during recruiting? It's never happened for me in all of my seasons coaching in GD. Does anyone have any experience with this? (After posting this i found another one with gains as much as 17!!)
9/19/2016 3:43 PM (edited)
How many exhibition games have they played?
9/19/2016 6:06 PM
5 and 6 seems really high. 17 is ridiculous.
9/19/2016 6:07 PM
5 and 6 seem normal depending upon the amount of time one spends on IQ, the potential of the player, and the WE of the player.

D3, Muskingum, in Dobie has a Jr. DL with a 98 WE. He has gone up 19 points after three exhibition games but no category went up more then two points. He is an outlier on his team and some players haven't gained anything. With that WE, and if he is a STL player, it seems reasonable, especially if the coach isn't spending much time on IQ. Also, the categories themselves could have been right on the verge of changing. I assume the numbers are to the hundredths place but we only see the whole numbers. So, they each may only be 1.1 units of growth but appear to be 2.

I'm probably wrong, but this is the best I have for an explanation.
9/20/2016 1:41 AM
What is "time on IQ"? Is it team and individual practice? Yeah, I know mine is low, as indicated by my handle. Is IQ near Aleppo?
9/21/2016 10:07 AM
Gaining ratings points during recruiting Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.