Perimeter Offense preference Topic

How is it determined...right now I am averaging 15 3-point attempts per game. I'm listed as "Bad" for recruits. To me that seems like a pretty good amount. Would think that is at least neutral. What, do you have to shoot 25 for "Good"? 30+ for "Very Good"?

chap, do you have any info on this type of thing? thanks
9/19/2016 6:29 PM
Posted by skinzfan36 on 9/19/2016 6:29:00 PM (view original):
How is it determined...right now I am averaging 15 3-point attempts per game. I'm listed as "Bad" for recruits. To me that seems like a pretty good amount. Would think that is at least neutral. What, do you have to shoot 25 for "Good"? 30+ for "Very Good"?

chap, do you have any info on this type of thing? thanks
I think you need to look at % of 3pt FGA vs 2pt FGA. That's our theory at least.

Only and I were talking about it and best guess right now is-

40+ very good
35-40 good
30-35 neutral
25-30 bad
25 below very bad

This is % of 3s vs total FGA.
9/19/2016 6:38 PM
that seems about right from what i've seen. the unfortunate thing is that if you get a couple blowout wins, it actually hurts you on this, if your settings are to reduce the number of 3 point attempts when winning!
9/19/2016 7:02 PM
so, basically if you are say "good" with recruits on paint offense you will always be "bad" with recruits on perimeter offense? you are always going to be the opposite between those 2

either neutral/neutral, good/bad, of very good/very bad

side note: I just noticed they got rid of "Fast tempo" preference from the beta...thank the lord
9/19/2016 7:21 PM
No they didn't
9/19/2016 7:23 PM
Yeah up tempo is still there.
9/19/2016 7:45 PM
Posted by skinzfan36 on 9/19/2016 7:21:00 PM (view original):
so, basically if you are say "good" with recruits on paint offense you will always be "bad" with recruits on perimeter offense? you are always going to be the opposite between those 2

side note: I just noticed they got rid of "Fast tempo" preference from the beta...thank the lord
yeah, one thing that is mighty annoying is that some of the preferences are kind of counterintuitive...obviously the logic that went into it was "team A shoots a lot of 3s so a perimeter shooter could want to go to there more" but the inverse is so true as well---a team lacking PER needs it more than ever, and that player could be featured more prominently then! obviously teams want balance. so with that preference you get this feedback loop. you don't have PER, you can't get more (or at least, you won't match with a lot of those players).

the preferences need some adjusting for sure. one example: i took over south carolina in one world recently. the team is a total rebuild after graduating a lot of mediocre players the year i came in...two last place SEC finishes in a row, and i'm in my 3rd season there. yet... i don't qualify as a rebuild according to that preference! seems wacky to me. how can i get better players, if as the last place SEC team, i can't even qualify as a rebuild to gain advantage over better teams? how bad do i have to be do count as a rebuild?
9/19/2016 7:56 PM (edited)
Damn, I hadn't gotten it on any guys I had scouted yet (and it's not listed as a play style preference in chap's guide) so I had assumed it was gone. Never understood how they could have that but not the corresponding "slow-tempo" preference.
9/19/2016 7:55 PM
Posted by bathtubhippo on 9/19/2016 7:56:00 PM (view original):

yeah, one thing that is mighty annoying is that some of the preferences are kind of counterintuitive...obviously the logic that went into it was "team A shoots a lot of 3s so a perimeter shooter could want to go to there more" but the inverse is so true as well---a team lacking PER needs it more than ever, and that player could be featured more prominently then! obviously teams want balance. so with that preference you get this feedback loop. you don't have PER, you can't get more (or at least, you won't match with a lot of those players).

the preferences need some adjusting for sure. one example: i took over south carolina in one world recently. the team is a total rebuild after graduating a lot of mediocre players the year i came in...two last place SEC finishes in a row, and i'm in my 3rd season there. yet... i don't qualify as a rebuild according to that preference! seems wacky to me. how can i get better players, if as the last place SEC team, i can't even qualify as a rebuild to gain advantage over better teams? how bad do i have to be do count as a rebuild?
I just took over New Mexico State. I cut a bunch of guys and have only 8 scholarship players with 3 upperclassmen. I'm currently getting beat pretty badly every game. But I'm still only Good for rebuild. Not sure how much lower I can go... But if I must lose more games this season then so be it.

https://www.whatifsports.com/hd/TeamProfile/Ratings.aspx?tid=7007
9/19/2016 7:59 PM

My Beta team shoots about 45% 3s and I'm Very Good on Perimeter but only Bad on paint.
9/20/2016 7:20 AM
Perimeter Offense preference Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.