Attention Points Topic

As a C+ how many attention points should I be giving a top recruit in D1? Thanks
9/19/2016 8:25 PM
Hard to say. Lots of different factors. You can go all in (and may need to in order to have a shot at landing him), and in that case you give him all your attention until you unlock the scholarship offers and the visits and promises. That's a risky proposition, because if you don't get him, all those resources will be wasted and you'll be stuck with whatever is left.
9/19/2016 8:38 PM
So once stuff is unlocked I dont get the attention points back? What's a good amount for a top 250 recruit not considering anyone? Thanks!
9/19/2016 8:43 PM
AP are available every cycle. There are 4 cycles run each day. Once the cycle is done, then you can re-assign the AP to other recruits or leave them assigned to the current recruit. The AP accumulates to unlock other recruiting actions. The first step is to unlock the scholarship offer. It may even help, to unlock other actions, to offer the scholarship immediately. The last one to unlock is CV. On your primary targets there is a very good reason to make sure to assign enough AP to unlock the CV ASAP. There is a limit of 5 total CV per recruit. So, if you end up battling 10 teams, only 5 will have been able to bring the kid on campus. That will probably be a big difference.

So, step 1, unlock the schollie and offer it. Step 2, get the CV unlocked and bring the kid on campus (excepting internationals). Step 3, decide whether you are in a battle or not and choose whether you need to keep the AP (which will continue to accumulate credit as effort) on that recruit or whether you need to unlock actions on someone else. WIS added back in a bunch of emails to let you know when those actions get unlocked. Irritating, but a really good idea as folks learn how recruiting works again.
9/19/2016 9:32 PM
I usually do offer the scholarship ASAP if it's a player I know I want for sure. I also do the CV early because a player can only get 5 CVs total among all teams. But if the player likes playing time, and you don't mind offering minutes, that is best to do as soon as you unlock it, before you do the CV or HV. It acts as a multiplier to your other actions, since it is a preference.
9/19/2016 9:35 PM
Attention Points Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.