Sims recruit is OP Topic

I'm battling a sim in recruiting. I've been on him since first cycle. I've assigned 50-90 attention points for 2 days. I've also given him a start, 10 min, 1 CV, 3 HVs. We are both very high, but I'm slightly behind. I have 6 openings compared to the sims 4. How much is whatif allowing these sims to spend? I'm finding this a little crazy!
9/20/2016 9:19 AM
Are you both same division?
9/20/2016 9:43 AM
Yup. I know better than that.
9/20/2016 11:07 AM
What do you mean "I am slightly behind" ?
9/20/2016 11:51 AM
We are both very high, but the sim is listed 1st
9/20/2016 12:52 PM
Order of listing is not indicative of who is ahead.
9/20/2016 1:23 PM
Posted by possumfiend on 9/20/2016 1:23:00 PM (view original):
If that's the case, that's stupid. Before you could judge by the scholarship message who's ahead. Now there is no way to tell? I wouldn't think 2 teams very high means a dead tie.
9/20/2016 2:18 PM
You also realize that the team that is "ahead" isn't guaranteed to get the recruit, right?

In order to have a shot at any recruit you only need be listed as high. The leading team will always have the best chance. If you're both listed as "VH" there is no way to tell who is actually ahead, but you both have a chance.
9/20/2016 2:29 PM
Posted by whitey34 on 9/20/2016 2:18:00 PM (view original):
Posted by possumfiend on 9/20/2016 1:23:00 PM (view original):
If that's the case, that's stupid. Before you could judge by the scholarship message who's ahead. Now there is no way to tell? I wouldn't think 2 teams very high means a dead tie.
You are very, very close. If you had more than a 80% chance to win they would be at high (sarcasm). I brought up an idea on the beta forums and if I remember everyone shot it down except Benis if I remember correctly.
9/20/2016 2:29 PM
Posted by possumfiend on 9/20/2016 2:30:00 PM (view original):
You also realize that the team that is "ahead" isn't guaranteed to get the recruit, right?

In order to have a shot at any recruit you only need be listed as high. The leading team will always have the best chance. If you're both listed as "VH" there is no way to tell who is actually ahead, but you both have a chance.
That's what they said. If I'm very high and another is high and gets the recruit, I'll jump ship like many others. I'm not paying for a game that pulls bs like that. Now if we are all very high on same level then fine.
9/20/2016 2:51 PM
Posted by whitey34 on 9/20/2016 2:51:00 PM (view original):

That's what they said. If I'm very high and another is high and gets the recruit, I'll jump ship like many others. I'm not paying for a game that pulls bs like that. Now if we are all very high on same level then fine.
I brought this up yesterday and was outvoted. But I agree with you this is stupid.
9/20/2016 3:01 PM
i guess y'all dont remember lebron promising the cavs he would re-sign..then jumped to the heat..young-uns don't know what they want to do..until the last minute!
9/20/2016 3:30 PM
Posted by franklynne on 9/20/2016 3:30:00 PM (view original):
i guess y'all dont remember lebron promising the cavs he would re-sign..then jumped to the heat..young-uns don't know what they want to do..until the last minute!
And my A free throw pg wouldn't ever shoot 4-10 from the line in real either, but a game isn't real life...
9/20/2016 5:04 PM (edited)
Posted by franklynne on 9/20/2016 3:30:00 PM (view original):
Multiple VHs in play there, poor analogy.
9/20/2016 3:36 PM
Posted by kcsundevil on 9/20/2016 3:01:00 PM (view original):
Posted by whitey34 on 9/20/2016 2:51:00 PM (view original):

I brought this up yesterday and was outvoted. But I agree with you this is stupid.
The line is between High & Moderate. Teams listed at Moderate & below, at the time of the decision, have no chance. Teams at 'High' or 'Very High' have some chance.

I don't think sundevil was outvoted. The issue is which way to fix it? List everyone with a chance as Very High or "strongly considering" and have different probabilities assigned based on likelihood within that or have some indication that one team is being more highly considered than another, but both teams would still have some chance of signing the recruit.

A developer chat would be a good idea, but, for now, in order to be assured the recruit, you need to drive every other team down to "moderate".
9/20/2016 4:14 PM
123456 Next ▸
Sims recruit is OP Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.