Sims recruit is OP Topic

I prefer that, personally. I think it's better for the game when it's more deterministic.
9/22/2016 3:54 AM
Posted by emy1013 on 9/22/2016 12:28:00 AM (view original):
Because Spud thinks he's smarter than everyone else and everything should be done his way or no way at all. He's that coach that's just good enough to have some success but not good enough to win in the NT and it ****** him off because coaches that are obviously inferior to him intellectually win at a much better rate than he does and that just chaps his ***. So in order for him to win more against these inferior intellectual coaches he wants changes made to the game that give it a "blue ribbon for everyone for participating" feel to it so he can actually have some success and go back to stroking his ego. It just kills people like him when he just KNOWS he's the smartest person in the room but he doesn't have and can't get the results to back it up. Massive inferiority complex, seen it too many times not to know.
This is a good theory.

I think Mully's theory holds water too. That he used to play D1 and couldn't hack it so he became really bitter and disgruntled. Now he has a vendetta against all the other coaches who used to beat him.
9/22/2016 7:06 AM
Posted by CoachSpud on 9/22/2016 1:51:00 AM (view original):
Posted by vandydave on 9/21/2016 11:58:00 PM (view original):
no one is discounting everything that went before, in fact they are doing just the opposite, they are saying that everything that went before in recruiting had no resemblance to a dice roll, so why should the result be a dice roll?
Well, first of all, it isn't, as hughes and plenty of others have explained. Second, why would you prefer it that a team ahead in recruiting effort by 50.00001% to 49.99999% would win 100% of the time. That makes no sense at all.
For the same reason that I'd prefer the team that has 50 points in a basketball game be declared the winner over the team that has 49 points, 100% of the time.
9/22/2016 7:35 AM
Posted by dahsdebater on 9/21/2016 6:27:00 PM (view original):
I know how it works...

Do you disagree that it's basically exactly a fancy dice roll?
Sure, a dice roll that is weighted. Every decision point in the game is decided that way.
9/22/2016 8:15 AM
Posted by hughesjr on 9/22/2016 8:15:00 AM (view original):
I know how it works...

Sure, a dice roll that is weighted. Every decision point in the game is decided that way.
not any of the recruiting decisions that we as coaches make in recruiting prior to signing.
9/22/2016 8:17 AM
Posted by vandydave on 9/22/2016 8:17:00 AM (view original):
Posted by hughesjr on 9/22/2016 8:15:00 AM (view original):
I know how it works...

not any of the recruiting decisions that we as coaches make in recruiting prior to signing.
You still make those decisions. Your priorities and strategy, coupled with the priorities and strategies of your opponents are what determines where the probability parameters are set.
9/22/2016 8:44 AM
Posted by dahsdebater on 9/22/2016 3:54:00 AM (view original):
I prefer that, personally. I think it's better for the game when it's more deterministic.
You mean it's better for the game you'd like to play based on your preferences. I respect that, we all have our own preferences. But my experience with every multi-player game I've ever played, from D&D on, is that game developers need to constantly shift and adapt to avoid having players get stuck at the top. There are basically two types of game-players, the type that wants to figure it all out and conquer it, and the type that wants to experience and immerse him/herself in it. And no offense to anyone in the former camp, but they're just not as important to he game as those in the latter camp. Those players whose goal is to figure out and conquer the game also tend to be the most frustrated with changes, and the least likely to actually be willing to pay full price. It's decidedly *not* good for the game when players get entrenched, especially if the game has incentives, like WIS.

The best case you could make for the hard determinism you like being "good for the game" is that changing it may produce a period of rapid departures. But that ignores how empty the worlds already are, and dismisses the preferences of all those players and potential players who have tried it and left, or didn't ever really give it a chance.
9/22/2016 9:01 AM
Risk has more determinism than HD does now.
9/22/2016 10:31 AM
Posted by CoachSpud on 9/22/2016 1:47:00 AM (view original):
Good thing this game isn't Psychology Dynasty, 'cause you would really suck at it. Better stick to your usual hate messages -- you're an ace at that.
You're right, it's Hoops Dynasty and obviously judging by your performance, you suck at this. Maybe you should try that Psychology Dynasty game Spud, you'd have to be better at that than at this, by default if nothing else.
9/22/2016 10:40 AM
Posted by Benis on 9/22/2016 7:06:00 AM (view original):
Posted by emy1013 on 9/22/2016 12:28:00 AM (view original):
Because Spud thinks he's smarter than everyone else and everything should be done his way or no way at all. He's that coach that's just good enough to have some success but not good enough to win in the NT and it ****** him off because coaches that are obviously inferior to him intellectually win at a much better rate than he does and that just chaps his ***. So in order for him to win more against these inferior intellectual coaches he wants changes made to the game that give it a "blue ribbon for everyone for participating" feel to it so he can actually have some success and go back to stroking his ego. It just kills people like him when he just KNOWS he's the smartest person in the room but he doesn't have and can't get the results to back it up. Massive inferiority complex, seen it too many times not to know.
This is a good theory.

I think Mully's theory holds water too. That he used to play D1 and couldn't hack it so he became really bitter and disgruntled. Now he has a vendetta against all the other coaches who used to beat him.
He's easy to read. What's funny is, he REALLY thinks he's the smartest person in these forums. Heh, if he only knew......
9/22/2016 10:48 AM
◂ Prev 123456
Sims recruit is OP Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.