Very Late Season IFA signing Topic

Signed a nice IFA with only a few days left in MiLB schedule? Should I assign him and get a few games in or wait until the season ends and assgn him to a level to avoid starting his development? What is best for development. He's a 19yr old.
9/20/2016 10:47 AM
I've seen a few owners mention this: is there actually such a thing as "avoid starting his development?" I've always figured players are what you get when you get them, and the only thing you can do is give them as much playing time as you can when you sign them.

A player like this, I would assign to a team that's going to the playoffs so he gets some games in.

9/20/2016 11:17 AM
Agree with Damag. The only thing that I am certain changes if you don't get him some games is you can't trade him next season, which is not advantageous.
9/20/2016 11:41 AM
Players who get no playing time, or maybe are never active, do not accrue a pro year. That said, I'm not sure how that affect the physical skills. Not assigning him might leave you signing a 20 y/o with less physical development in the off-season.
9/20/2016 12:38 PM
Very Late Season IFA signing Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.