drop downs/realistic approach Topic

DIII in my 1st recruiting period (Smith), just got results from public camp and am underwhelmed w/ nearly all of the prospects showing C-F's (even the 25 DII's). What's a realistic decent DIII prospect? Any possible above C-D's? Should I devote resources to DII prospects, and is it realistic?
9/20/2016 1:35 PM (edited)
I would be interested in this as well. DIII in Smith and Allen.
9/20/2016 11:40 AM
Posted by fanon on 9/20/2016 11:47:00 AM (view original):
DIII in my 1st recruiting period (Smith), just got results from public camp and am underwhelmed w/ nearly all of the prospects showing C-F's (even the 15 DII's). What's a realistic decent DIII prospect? Any possible above C-D's? Should I devote resources to DII prospects, and is it realistic?
Try to get mostly DIIs and see if you can grab a couple DIs each 2-3 years.
9/20/2016 11:56 AM
Hey, don't feel bad. I'm at a high prestige D2 team and have scouted nothing but D1's so far and as best as I can tell, even the D1's rated at say c or worse overall suck. Of course, all the ones rated at C or better will be picked off by the human coaches in D1 which looks like it'll be leaving all of us poor saps in D2 and D3 scraps to pick through and hope we're lucky enough to find a decent player somewhere. Almost makes me wonder if that's not an ulterior motive here, almost like forcing coaches to move up to D1 to be able to sign decent players.

Oh, and you heard it here first......even with this new "preference" system in place and even with a recruit not automatically signing with the team in the lead in recruiting.....the big dog BCS teams are still going to snag almost all the top stars, the mid-level BCS teams will snatch up the rest of the decent players and everyone else will have garbage to sort through to fill out their rosters. Which, come to think of it, is just about EXACTLY what our esteemed developer was trying to have NOT happen. I can already see through the flow of recruiting in Wooden that there won't be much change at all as far as where the best recruits end up. If you're an A- prestige or better in D1, you have absolutely nothing to worry about unless you're the most pisspoor recruiter there ever was.

Sorry for going off topic for a minute, this thread just seemed like the most natural choice without starting a whole new one.
9/20/2016 11:51 PM
Posted by emy1013 on 9/20/2016 11:51:00 PM (view original):
Hey, don't feel bad. I'm at a high prestige D2 team and have scouted nothing but D1's so far and as best as I can tell, even the D1's rated at say c or worse overall suck. Of course, all the ones rated at C or better will be picked off by the human coaches in D1 which looks like it'll be leaving all of us poor saps in D2 and D3 scraps to pick through and hope we're lucky enough to find a decent player somewhere. Almost makes me wonder if that's not an ulterior motive here, almost like forcing coaches to move up to D1 to be able to sign decent players.

Oh, and you heard it here first......even with this new "preference" system in place and even with a recruit not automatically signing with the team in the lead in recruiting.....the big dog BCS teams are still going to snag almost all the top stars, the mid-level BCS teams will snatch up the rest of the decent players and everyone else will have garbage to sort through to fill out their rosters. Which, come to think of it, is just about EXACTLY what our esteemed developer was trying to have NOT happen. I can already see through the flow of recruiting in Wooden that there won't be much change at all as far as where the best recruits end up. If you're an A- prestige or better in D1, you have absolutely nothing to worry about unless you're the most pisspoor recruiter there ever was.

Sorry for going off topic for a minute, this thread just seemed like the most natural choice without starting a whole new one.
The best teams should get the best recruits. They should just not get them for the absolute minimum value to all them to save all their money to get more and more recruits because no one will recruit against them.

If you get the best PG in basketball, he should not COST as much as the worst Div-3 PG out there.

If people have to pay at least that value for a player, then there will be better player distribution in most cases.
9/21/2016 7:04 AM
Posted by cubcub113 on 9/20/2016 11:56:00 AM (view original):
DIII in my 1st recruiting period (Smith), just got results from public camp and am underwhelmed w/ nearly all of the prospects showing C-F's (even the 15 DII's). What's a realistic decent DIII prospect? Any possible above C-D's? Should I devote resources to DII prospects, and is it realistic?
Really? The game is changing that much? So as a div 3 team, I shouldn't even really be looking at div 3 players? And a div 3 team should actually pursue a div 1 player every once in a while?
9/21/2016 9:56 AM
Posted by Arfy on 9/21/2016 9:56:00 AM (view original):
Really? The game is changing that much? So as a div 3 team, I shouldn't even really be looking at div 3 players? And a div 3 team should actually pursue a div 1 player every once in a while?
Yeah, lots of guys in DIII are putting 100 AP on lots of DI guys and hoping others don't jump on them.
9/21/2016 10:00 AM
Posted by Arfy on 9/21/2016 9:56:00 AM (view original):
I would look at div-3 and div-2 recruits mostly.

I would then figure out (rank) all the recruits I have scouted to at least level 3 and 4 and then pick some to put attention points on.

If I get the guys I want interested in me, and see who I might battle for and who I might wait for (you can't sign div-2 guys until the second period or a div-1 guy till the last turn).

Some d3 guys I rate better than some d2 guys, etc.

But generally, I would try to find the best guys I can get at the next higher level .. and have backups at my level, etc.
9/21/2016 10:15 AM
drop downs/realistic approach Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.