How does fatigue affect player performance? Topic

Anyone really knows what happens when a player is playing under 100%?
I usually try to never use pitchers unless they are at 100% but I routinely use position players between 90 and 99% I don't really rest them until they fall under 90%.
Up to now I had never really noticed any significant drop in batting stats however one thing that seems to come up is their defensive numbers, certain players that I use a lot in low 90% seem to regularly make considerably more errors than they should.
Anything to that or they're just having bad simulation luck?
9/21/2016 8:34 AM
Posted by Funksteady1 on 9/21/2016 8:34:00 AM (view original):
Anyone really knows what happens when a player is playing under 100%?
I usually try to never use pitchers unless they are at 100% but I routinely use position players between 90 and 99% I don't really rest them until they fall under 90%.
Up to now I had never really noticed any significant drop in batting stats however one thing that seems to come up is their defensive numbers, certain players that I use a lot in low 90% seem to regularly make considerably more errors than they should.
Anything to that or they're just having bad simulation luck?
Fielding definitely drops off a lot faster due to fatigue than hitting does.
9/21/2016 10:04 AM
I have a related question:

Will batting my pitcher in the leadoff spot affect his pitching performance/fatigue as opposed to his traditional 9th spot?

The reason for my question is I recently took over a progressive team that is woefully short on PA's. In an effort to alleviate as much fatigue as possible, I've seen others bat their pitcher leadoff.
My question is will that extra plate appearance or two over the course of a game, over the course of a season - will that affect his pitching - or is all fatigue gauged the same?

9/21/2016 10:36 AM
Pitcher's PAs do not effect fatigue at all. Pitching fatigue is based on number of pitches.
9/21/2016 10:57 AM
Posted by redwingscup on 9/21/2016 10:57:00 AM (view original):
Pitcher's PAs do not effect fatigue at all. Pitching fatigue is based on number of pitches.
Thank you, good sir
9/21/2016 11:36 AM
It doesn't affect players nearly as bad as you think it would...in fact, I think it's a bug and incredibly generous.

https://www.whatifsports.com/forums/Posts.aspx?topicID=466091
9/21/2016 12:27 PM
You can see my other thread for examples, but as for my take on fatigue, defense will degrade fastest (but not truly noticeable until under 93%), hitting degrades slowly and not truly noticeable until in the 80s (maybe even the low 80s) and pitching is similar with the true studs (sub 1.00 WHIP and great normalized stats) not showing degradation until the mid-80s and lesser pitchers below 93%, with BBs, HRs and a loss of Ks being the primary signs.

That said, I try to keep my guys at 100% at all times still unless I need to push for the playoffs. Then I feel comfortable going with fatigued guys as typically my bench players/Long B bullpen types are not nearly as strong as the starters.
9/21/2016 12:53 PM
How does fatigue affect player performance? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.