A tip of the cap Topic

to Seble, and all those who contributed, for finally making the recruiting process in Division 1 fair and equitable for everyone! How do I know? Look at all the Big Six coaches whining!
9/21/2016 2:25 PM
Agreed...look at all the no name non-success coaches singing its praises. Finally a system where you don't have to be good to succeed.
9/21/2016 10:43 PM
LOL
9/21/2016 10:54 PM
except for chapel of course
9/21/2016 11:02 PM
yup, fair and equitable - just lost a guy who had three A prestige schools and very high and he signed at a C+ school that was high - I dont know what the others had done, but I had promised start and minutes and 20 HV and CV.....

sure, random stuff like that can happen - is that good for the game?

the time demands for scouting are WAY bigger

the huge random element in signings is frustrating

The game is becoming a great model of the parts of work that are least pleasant. I get paid nicely for work. Dont need more demands and random frustration in a game
9/21/2016 11:24 PM
Posted by metsmax on 9/21/2016 11:24:00 PM (view original):
yup, fair and equitable - just lost a guy who had three A prestige schools and very high and he signed at a C+ school that was high - I dont know what the others had done, but I had promised start and minutes and 20 HV and CV.....

sure, random stuff like that can happen - is that good for the game?

the time demands for scouting are WAY bigger

the huge random element in signings is frustrating

The game is becoming a great model of the parts of work that are least pleasant. I get paid nicely for work. Dont need more demands and random frustration in a game
Mets, I was on him from the start as well. I'm not the C+ school that won but I also have a C+ prestige. I did the 20 HV's, the CV, promised a start and minutes, and hit him up with attention points every cycle without fail. The only thing he could have done was to have used more attention points than I did and I'd wager that even those were very close.

While it's kind of nice to see a C+ prestige team be able to sign a player like that, I think the fact that he was a C+ and only listed as High (same as myself) and that he beat out you (A+ Maryland) and A- Michigan State, BOTH listed at Very High is juuuuuuuuuuuust a bit much.

I can see a school listed at High winning the dice roll against one Very High school but the odds of him beating two schools with far better prestige, another with a higher prestige listed at Very High and a school with a the same prestige listed as High (same as the winning school) has to be really small. I don't care for it much at all honestly. I congratulate Weavelove (Pitt) but he really needs to play a Powerball ticket this weekend if he's beating odds like that.

And after scouting and recruiting for this way instead of the old way, I agree that I found it to be FAR more time consuming than in 2.0. Not even comparable if you're trying to actually uncover good players. Not even close.
9/22/2016 12:14 AM (edited)
Ugh - is fair and equitable the goal or the reality of college basketball? I genuinely strive to see both sides of issues but I cannot fathom how anyone thinks this is good for HD. To be clear, the game needed changes, but this is simply nonsensical.
9/22/2016 1:03 AM
Well of course you'd laugh Spud. You're the main proponent of Blue Ribbons for Everyone HD, are you not?
9/22/2016 2:14 AM
Posted by vandydave on 9/22/2016 1:03:00 AM (view original):
Ugh - is fair and equitable the goal or the reality of college basketball? I genuinely strive to see both sides of issues but I cannot fathom how anyone thinks this is good for HD. To be clear, the game needed changes, but this is simply nonsensical.
Because coaches like Spud who aren't good enough to win wanted the winners brought down a notch so he'd have a better chance at finally getting that 0-for-his career in NT games off his resume. It kills the high intelligence, low self esteem guys like him when a bunch of what they consider rubes or hayseeds are better than them at a game that requires thought and to some degree intelligence. He's the type of clown who blew a gasket and lost his sh!t when his grades weren't good enough to set the curve. Book smart as hell with not an ounce of common sense.
9/22/2016 2:21 AM
If that happens with every player, then it is a problem. If it happens with only a few players (which it should since it is a much lower probability) then I think it is a good thing. I am sure I will change my mind the first time it happens to the Center I was leading on from the beginning goes to another team .. but really, I do see this as a good thing.
9/22/2016 8:22 AM
Posted by emy1013 on 9/22/2016 2:21:00 AM (view original):
Because coaches like Spud who aren't good enough to win wanted the winners brought down a notch so he'd have a better chance at finally getting that 0-for-his career in NT games off his resume. It kills the high intelligence, low self esteem guys like him when a bunch of what they consider rubes or hayseeds are better than them at a game that requires thought and to some degree intelligence. He's the type of clown who blew a gasket and lost his sh!t when his grades weren't good enough to set the curve. Book smart as hell with not an ounce of common sense.
Come on .. that is not true. Even Calipari and Coach K don't get every recruit they want. And they have guys they are 'Leading For' and telling them all the right things 'not sign' and play somewhere else every recruiting season. Ben Simmons at LSU is a prime example.
9/22/2016 8:27 AM (edited)
Can we get Seble's cool battle analysis?
9/22/2016 10:31 AM
Posted by CoachSpud on 9/22/2016 2:45:00 AM (view original):
LOL, you're just as sorry a psuedo-psychologist in this thread as you were in the other one. Why not stick to your usual hate messages -- you're an ace at that, and it'll do you good to get it out here where no one pays any attention and it doesn't do any harm.
Hit a nerve, did I?
9/22/2016 10:37 AM
Posted by hughesjr on 9/22/2016 8:27:00 AM (view original):
Posted by emy1013 on 9/22/2016 2:21:00 AM (view original):
Come on .. that is not true. Even Calipari and Coach K don't get every recruit they want. And they have guys they are 'Leading For' and telling them all the right things 'not sign' and play somewhere else every recruiting season. Ben Simmons at LSU is a prime example.
the prime examples in real life often involve things like their dad is friends with the head coach or got hired in the athletic department, or let's be honest, booster gifts. I don't see any of those in the Preference categories.
9/22/2016 10:47 AM
Posted by cubcub113 on 9/22/2016 10:31:00 AM (view original):
Can we get Seble's cool battle analysis?
Does seble still work for WIS?
9/22/2016 2:03 PM
123456 Next ▸
A tip of the cap Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.