A tip of the cap Topic

This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Oh I don't disagree there. Just saying that's where the information is coming from. I didn't pull it out of my hairy B hole.
9/24/2016 5:06 PM
i'll state the conspiracy theory again - i think seble is posting as spud.
9/24/2016 5:22 PM
NONSENSE!

Seble may appear incompetent at times but he is not the raging a-hole that Spudhole is.
9/24/2016 10:46 PM
I just read this post:
"That doesn't sound like someone who was involved in the beta at all. There was a lot of interaction, prior to rollout. Lots of battle analyses, tweaks and big changes to the formulas. Seble listened and dialogued on most concerns. There are simply competing preferences at work here, and not everyone was going to be happy. In the end, it's not a democracy, and the rollout is not subject to a vote. We're customers, not shareholders, we don't own anything, and our preferences only matter to the point that they align with WIS goals. For better or worse, they decided an overhaul was going to happen. My speculation is that they want to grow and expand, and the old model couldn't retain new users beyond a *very* niche group of math/sport-geek subset of game players. I think they want more basketball fans, maybe more of the types of players who would play College Hoops 2K series on dynasty mode a decade ago. In any case, that's the decision. Going back to "classic" is a non-starter. Again my speculation, but I suspect that's why the admin team, if it is a team, has gone dark, relative to what happened with beta. If I'm the developer, and this is the decision, at some point you let it roll and let the chips fall. It's both unrealistic (because there's no end to it) and counter-productive to continue to engage the dissatisfied population in the same dialogue that was going on a year ago, when beta was just a glimmer in seble's eye. I'm guessing this fall we see a big push for the start of the NCAA season. That's the end game. They've moved on. It sucks for people who were attached to the old game, but it just wasn't going to be sustainable with high D1 as broken as it was. Big 6 D1 has to be the core of the game. No one comes to a college basketball thinking "oh wow, I can coach Abilene Christian in this game, awesome!" If Big 6 D1 is locked up, coaches wait real life years to even sniff a doormat Big 6 job, and then see how bad the deck is stacked against them. That's why not many have stayed, IMO.

At some point, you accept it and adjust, or you move on. I don't think it's accurate to say these concerns haven't been heard. They haven't been resolved to your satisfaction, but they've been heard. Bob Dylan went electric. Some people still hate him for it, but it was his call to make."

I just read this post:
"NONSENSE!
Seble may appear incompetent at times but he is not the raging a-hole that Spudhole is."

Not much comparison, is there? There are real contributors to the forums and there are bush league haters. I hope newcomers to the website, and I think there are going to be a lot of them, don't take the haters seriously and don't dismiss the entire site just because of a few haters. The haters are easy enough to ignore, fellas.
9/24/2016 11:13 PM
Now you are assuming Fox is going to market the game. And I do not think 99% will be retained after 1 season. This is a sinking ship and seble has already left.
9/25/2016 8:10 AM
Posted by CoachSpud on 9/24/2016 11:13:00 PM (view original):
I just read this post:
"That doesn't sound like someone who was involved in the beta at all. There was a lot of interaction, prior to rollout. Lots of battle analyses, tweaks and big changes to the formulas. Seble listened and dialogued on most concerns. There are simply competing preferences at work here, and not everyone was going to be happy. In the end, it's not a democracy, and the rollout is not subject to a vote. We're customers, not shareholders, we don't own anything, and our preferences only matter to the point that they align with WIS goals. For better or worse, they decided an overhaul was going to happen. My speculation is that they want to grow and expand, and the old model couldn't retain new users beyond a *very* niche group of math/sport-geek subset of game players. I think they want more basketball fans, maybe more of the types of players who would play College Hoops 2K series on dynasty mode a decade ago. In any case, that's the decision. Going back to "classic" is a non-starter. Again my speculation, but I suspect that's why the admin team, if it is a team, has gone dark, relative to what happened with beta. If I'm the developer, and this is the decision, at some point you let it roll and let the chips fall. It's both unrealistic (because there's no end to it) and counter-productive to continue to engage the dissatisfied population in the same dialogue that was going on a year ago, when beta was just a glimmer in seble's eye. I'm guessing this fall we see a big push for the start of the NCAA season. That's the end game. They've moved on. It sucks for people who were attached to the old game, but it just wasn't going to be sustainable with high D1 as broken as it was. Big 6 D1 has to be the core of the game. No one comes to a college basketball thinking "oh wow, I can coach Abilene Christian in this game, awesome!" If Big 6 D1 is locked up, coaches wait real life years to even sniff a doormat Big 6 job, and then see how bad the deck is stacked against them. That's why not many have stayed, IMO.

At some point, you accept it and adjust, or you move on. I don't think it's accurate to say these concerns haven't been heard. They haven't been resolved to your satisfaction, but they've been heard. Bob Dylan went electric. Some people still hate him for it, but it was his call to make."

I just read this post:
"NONSENSE!
Seble may appear incompetent at times but he is not the raging a-hole that Spudhole is."

Not much comparison, is there? There are real contributors to the forums and there are bush league haters. I hope newcomers to the website, and I think there are going to be a lot of them, don't take the haters seriously and don't dismiss the entire site just because of a few haters. The haters are easy enough to ignore, fellas.
Its pretty difficult to ignore you but some manage.
9/25/2016 11:33 AM
The haters are easy enough to ignore, fellas.

Exactly. The haters are easy to ignore. Posters who stick to discussing the game are pretty difficult to ignore. You got it right and I bet you didn't even realize the distinction made in your post.
9/25/2016 11:55 AM
Posted by CoachSpud on 9/25/2016 11:55:00 AM (view original):
The haters are easy enough to ignore, fellas.

Exactly. The haters are easy to ignore. Posters who stick to discussing the game are pretty difficult to ignore. You got it right and I bet you didn't even realize the distinction made in your post.
No I didn't. I was just pointing out the fact that fact that people just block you because of stuff you post.
9/25/2016 12:34 PM
Posted by kevb on 9/25/2016 8:10:00 AM (view original):
Now you are assuming Fox is going to market the game. And I do not think 99% will be retained after 1 season. This is a sinking ship and seble has already left.
Did someone from Fox post that seble left .. or could he just be on vacation. Hate the changes or love them .. they obviously took a considerable amount of time to do. Maybe he had to take time off because of the overtime he worked doing the new game and beta. Or maybe he quit to take a job where there are not so many whiners who think they know how to program games.

If he is NOT the guy doing the devchat, then I might entertain the idea he is gone (again, unless there was an official post that I missed).
9/25/2016 1:35 PM (edited)
Hey Spud – you sure have been in the line of fire! Your point is well made about the haters! I went back and looked at the hot forum topics being discussed the past few days—and it’s pretty much the same five or six people doing all the criticizing and launching all the personal attacks! Unfortunately, they have a real knack for turning every discussion into a referendum on what they think about the game—and it’s pretty much all negative! Hopefully, we’ll get lucky and some of these people will actually carry out their promises of quitting! In the meantime, I have renewed my two teams and I’m thinking of adding a third!
9/25/2016 1:40 PM
Posted by wedgeva on 9/25/2016 1:40:00 PM (view original):
Hey Spud – you sure have been in the line of fire! Your point is well made about the haters! I went back and looked at the hot forum topics being discussed the past few days—and it’s pretty much the same five or six people doing all the criticizing and launching all the personal attacks! Unfortunately, they have a real knack for turning every discussion into a referendum on what they think about the game—and it’s pretty much all negative! Hopefully, we’ll get lucky and some of these people will actually carry out their promises of quitting! In the meantime, I have renewed my two teams and I’m thinking of adding a third!
No problem, really. Hopefully they have blocked my posts from their screens, but it doesn't seem like it, they troll me a lot. But like I said, it is easy to treat the hate posts as nothing more than background noise. It frosts them, but it is easy to ignore.

" actually carry out their promises of quitting" Yeah, that'll be nice.
9/25/2016 5:24 PM
Don't worry. I've been playing this game for over 10 years and enjoyed it greatly. It's lost its appeal and like the majority we will be gone.
9/26/2016 10:22 AM
Adonal Foyle was a fine player. I can't find a list ranking high school recruits for 1994, but I could find that Foyle was a 3rd team Parade All-American, and played 0 minutes in the McDonald's All-American game. He was recruited by Syracuse and Duke before he himself recruited Colgate (where his guardians were both professors - the guardians "found" him in St. Vincent and convinced him to live with them, get an education, and play hoops - not necessarily for Colgate per se...)

I doubt he was #3 overall, and regardless, he chose a college where both his treasured guardians were highly respected. He was a highly intelligent person interested in more than being tall and dunking, so that meant something to him. AND, Colgate is still a far cry from D2 anyone.
9/26/2016 2:55 PM
Posted by wedgeva on 9/21/2016 2:25:00 PM (view original):
to Seble, and all those who contributed, for finally making the recruiting process in Division 1 fair and equitable for everyone! How do I know? Look at all the Big Six coaches whining!
I'm a big six coach and I agree with you.

It's about time.
9/27/2016 1:22 PM
◂ Prev 123456 Next ▸
A tip of the cap Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.