Bunt Statistics Topic

Is there anyway to determine if a batter will be a successful bunter? I can't find it in the player stats. I know it is a relatively insignificant stat, but it would help me draft better for an 80 million "small ball" team I am working on based around stolen bases, low strikeouts, low hr's, high avg. Would help move those runners along.

Of course this is assuming it is factored into the sim.Not talking about # of bunt hits, which is probably a factor of speed, but instead stats like Bunts in Play (BIP), % of runners advanced on sac bunt attempts, and BIP/Bunt Attempts. In real like - Brett Gardner is going to get more runners advanced on the same number of bunt attempts than David Ortiz - but I have no idea if the simulation knows this.

Any thoughts?
9/22/2016 11:13 AM
I think bunts are all but guaranteed. Haven't seen any of my pitchers fail to advance a runner via sac bunt
9/22/2016 3:40 PM
As far as bunting for a hit goes, speed helps
9/22/2016 11:41 PM
Speed does help. ... and on that subject, I was setting advanced settings (including bunt frequency) and saw that 1987 Tim Burke has an 84 speed rating. I looked him up on b-r.com and he had 12 AB, 6 Ks, and no hits. Weird.

But back to the subject of bunting, moving the runner over is good, but moving the runner and getting on base is better. My gut tells me the bunter needs 90 speed minimum to make that happen.
9/22/2016 11:48 PM
So Bunts in Play (which is a real tracked stat) does not factor into the sim? The sim assumes equal rates of Bunts in Play, the the best i can do is maximize likelihood of bunt hits?
9/23/2016 12:29 AM
Is there some sort of Bunts Attempted stat as well? That way we could get a success percentage
9/23/2016 1:24 AM
Lefties perhaps have better bunt for hit numbers? Think that holds true in real life. You start a few feet closer to first base. Think Ichiro.
9/23/2016 2:48 AM
Bunt Statistics Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.