New D2 school next year Topic

Three D-2 team jobs I'm looking to apply for. I'm not sure which one would be best as far as fun and giving me a chance to compete. I could use any help or advise. Which school would you pick and why?
  • Team 1:
    • Most recruits w/i 360mi
    • 2nd highest amount of other schools to compete for recruits w/i 360mi
    • Tied for 1st with highest Guess Rating for Closest recruits
    • Most amount of Sim AI in Division
    • Most amount of Sim AI in Conference
  • Team 2:
    • Least recruits w/i 360mi (substantially)
    • 3rd highest amount of other schools to compete for recruits w/i 360 mi
    • Tied for 1st with highest Guess Rating for Closest recruits
    • Least amount of Sim AI in Division
    • Tied for least amount of Sim AI in Conference
  • Team 3:
    • 2nd most recruits w/i 360mi
    • Highest amount of other schools to compete for recruits w/i 360 mi
    • Lowest Guess Rating for Closest recruits
    • 2nd most Sim AI in Division
    • Tied for least amount of Sim AI in Conference

Any input would be appreciated.

Good Luck to everyone in the second half of their games and enjoy the first autumn weekend

BKD
9/24/2016 8:17 AM
I can tell by your meticulous research that you're gonna be just fine no matter what school you pick. If your ultimate goal is to come up and join us in the higher divisions with the most user content, then I'd most definitely pick team 1. However, if you plan on being a D2 guy, go where the most users are in your conference. Just what this ol' boy would do if he were in your shoes. Good luck.
9/24/2016 8:31 AM
I agree with phimutau. If you want to move up to 1AA, and ultimately 1A, take #1. Your goal should be to rack up as many wins as possible in the shortest amount of time. Good hunting coach!
9/24/2016 9:17 AM
Definitely depends on what you want to do....but some things to think about:

1. Taking on a bad/mediocre team in a division with a perennial top 5 team will take a long time to overcome...you will not even get to a conf champ game for quite a while. This, in itself, will limit your team growth and potential amount of wins, and may limit your ability to get to playoffs.
2. Taking on all sims is pretty boring....but...its helpful when starting a new team. You want to win....any way you can.....and starting off vs sims is the best way to accomplish that.
3. I don't generally look at or care about # of recruits in 360 and all that. Having said that..I've never had a team located in the middle of nowhere...I've always been in midwest to southeast corridor.
9/24/2016 10:44 AM
At DII getting good recruits is all about your prestige and # of wins to get top vision. I coach in Colorado with minimal close recruits, but with high vision I can almost recruit coast to coast.
9/24/2016 10:49 AM
Before you decide on what school to take I would wait and see what coaches move up. It will give you a better choice of talent and prestige. Unless you want to build a team, then I would go with school #1.
9/24/2016 12:40 PM
For me, the game is pretty boring when there are no other humans in the conference. I have narrowed down to two teams right now, both in DII. Humbolt in Wilkinson where I am destined to compete with Jmurphy's South Dakota to even get in the playoffs, but there are 4 human coaches in the conference with a reasonable amount of chat activity. The other team is in PSAC DII in Warner, just cause I want to build a team in a challenging environment.

Not sure if I will ever move up from DII, as I like recruiting more than gameplanning,

All that said, I would pick team 2 with more humans.
9/24/2016 1:09 PM
If I apply to all three, and all three schools accept my application, which school will I get?

First Come, First Serve?
9/25/2016 1:45 PM
Posted by bigkeithdog on 9/25/2016 1:45:00 PM (view original):
If I apply to all three, and all three schools accept my application, which school will I get?

First Come, First Serve?
I believe that each school has an id# and the hiring goes in that order. There was a post on it once but I think it's many years old and probably hard to find.
9/25/2016 4:31 PM
The job that has been vacant the longest gets first dibs on you. Apply to just one school if you want to control where you go.
9/25/2016 7:45 PM
At work on the midnight shift, saving lives as I type this post.....
I was wondering if the recruits I start watching now will still be on my recruiting list when I move up to D2 next year or will I have to start from scratch?
9/27/2016 2:17 AM
Recruiting watch list is for the team you are currently coaching
9/27/2016 5:26 AM
Not to mention even if the list did move with you to the new team the new team could have better vision and those recruits wouldn't even be worth it anymore.
9/27/2016 9:45 AM
New D2 school next year Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.