DBs covering multiple WRs on the same play Topic

Posted by gt_deuce on 9/26/2016 12:46:00 PM (view original):
I'd take all of the Dev Chat responses with a grain of salt. With history as our guide, we've seen behaviors that directly contradict the information they've given us.

I, for one, do not believe for a second that a LB who is blitzing 100% gets treated as a LB who is set to Line. Other effects come into play that give those two situations different results on average.
^^^^This! I have recently switched from 43 base to 34. Without a doubt, a lb blitzing will get more sacks then a lb set to line. In fact, a mostly passing team that passes at least 50% of the time to RB and TE's has the hardest time again a 34. Personly I drop 3 of the LB's into coverage and blitz 1 of them 100% of the time.
9/26/2016 7:17 PM
Good discussion. I am going to use 3-4 with my new Maine team in Warner. My impression is blitzing does very little and actually hurts, but I have not tested extensively (a couple of seasons as least).
9/27/2016 1:20 PM
nitros, like everything else...there are combinations (and scenarios) in which blitzing works well. There are others in which it is terrible. I too saw blitzing hurting me (well before I took my one year hiatus), but I made some adjustments and have stuck with it since. Running the 3-4 exclusively.
9/27/2016 4:02 PM
◂ Prev 12
DBs covering multiple WRs on the same play Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.