I've read the guides posted and they are great but have a question that may not be in there.

Hypothetical - I have 4 opening and get 5 players to very high. I want all 5 but can't cut anyone until the second recruiting session. 4/5 have early signing preferences and I'm able to sign four. What happens to that 5th guy and will he stay very high to me until the start of the 2nd session when I can cut a scrub?

9/25/2016 8:48 AM
Players do retain interest in you through to the second session.
9/25/2016 9:25 AM
No interest is lost from the first session to the second session. Some interest will even be retained if a guy you recruited goes JUCO and returns for another try as a 3-season eligible the following season.
9/25/2016 10:39 AM
Posted by sixvido on 9/25/2016 8:48:00 AM (view original):
I've read the guides posted and they are great but have a question that may not be in there.

Hypothetical - I have 4 opening and get 5 players to very high. I want all 5 but can't cut anyone until the second recruiting session. 4/5 have early signing preferences and I'm able to sign four. What happens to that 5th guy and will he stay very high to me until the start of the 2nd session when I can cut a scrub?

I believe you are able to offer scholarships to all five -- you will just have to cut someone pre second session before the last player will commit.

I'm recruiting in Rupp right now and have no seniors on the team, but figured since the caliber of player you can get in 3.0 (D3) is higher than the norm in 2.0 and since there's no carryover cash any more, if I can get an upgrade, there's no reason not to. It allowed me to offer the scholarship in the first session, so now I just need to wait and see if any other human comes along.
9/25/2016 1:37 PM
Is it true that last group 2.0 interest will not carry over to first 3.0 recruiting class?
9/25/2016 2:34 PM
Posted by wvufan76 on 9/25/2016 2:34:00 PM (view original):
Is it true that last group 2.0 interest will not carry over to first 3.0 recruiting class?
Yes. It's a one-time reset. I'm not sure if those players even transfer over, there seem to be fewer jucos overall. In any case, it won't work to use excess budget surplus to get next year's jucos interested in you.
9/25/2016 2:46 PM

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.