RIP Jose Fernandez, the cokehead Topic

That's one of the dumbest posts I have ever seen here.
9/25/2016 4:50 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Pouring one out for elguapo.
9/25/2016 5:37 PM
9/25/2016 8:18 PM
There's a reason I quit playing SIM Baseball, and a reason I don't post on these forums. Thanks for reminding me guys.

And I'm sad because a better person than me died too young. Not because he could throw a baseball well. But whatever.

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/miami-marlins-pitching-ace-jose-fernandez-joins-the-board-of-directors-of-the-live-like-bella-childhood-cancer-foundation-300139507.html

http://grantland.com/features/marlins-rookie-pitcher-jose-fernandez-journey-cuban-defector-mlb-all-star/
9/25/2016 8:21 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Elguapo. If you need any more reminders, please let me know.
9/25/2016 8:49 PM
Can we get a tear for Arnold Palmer?
9/25/2016 9:13 PM
Some people just aren't sociopaths.
9/25/2016 10:15 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 9/25/2016 8:32:00 PM (view original):
Maybe you suffer from low self-esteem. Or maybe he was a better person than you. I'm not sure he was a better person than me. Or the people who passed today.

He's one of 150,000 who died today. Some did it doing something they wanted to do(like boating), some did it unvoluntarily(like being murdered) and some succumbed to natural causes(babies even). I can't muster a tear for all of them.
You don't have to shed a tear for any of them.

Or you can be sad for one (or some) of them.

Kinda weird that you want to tell others how they should feel.

9/25/2016 10:40 PM
isn't it the other guy that is telling us all how we should feel and act?
9/25/2016 11:18 PM
heh. add another player to the dead-by-transportation theme

if we include Big Ed we almost got us a roster

i see why Kermit started this. he acts like Mr Bean but he's really Mr Mean
9/26/2016 12:10 AM (edited)
9/26/2016 12:18 AM
I don't think I was telling anyone how to feel. I was asking a question.

Why does the death of a MLB pitcher make you sad while a child dying at the hands of a drunk driver/drive-by shooting not illicit the same emotion? Or does it? You know neither. I get when a family member, neighbor, close friend, family member of a neighbor/close friend dies, you might feel sadness. But, when a stranger dies, why would you? And why specific strangers? Because they can throw a baseball really well?

It's a fair question.
9/26/2016 7:47 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 9/26/2016 7:47:00 AM (view original):
I don't think I was telling anyone how to feel. I was asking a question.

Why does the death of a MLB pitcher make you sad while a child dying at the hands of a drunk driver/drive-by shooting not illicit the same emotion? Or does it? You know neither. I get when a family member, neighbor, close friend, family member of a neighbor/close friend dies, you might feel sadness. But, when a stranger dies, why would you? And why specific strangers? Because they can throw a baseball really well?

It's a fair question.
Those things are all sad.
9/26/2016 10:10 AM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4...11 Next ▸
RIP Jose Fernandez, the cokehead Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.