Job Logic Sucks Topic

Has anything posted about the crappy job "logic" previously? Does WIS care?

I'm a C+ D1 school with back-to-back NT appearances (sub-100 RPI), but was shot down for a D+ job by a school with an RPI over-200.

9/25/2016 3:26 PM
I'm guessing you are talking about Vermont. You've only been there 3 seasons. That is the problem. WIS could fix recruiting, but still leave you with that problem.

The information you posted about your team's prestige is largely irrelevant to the job process. Ask loyalty / reputation / tenure / success in NT. Less than 4 or 5 seasons makes any move tough.
9/25/2016 3:47 PM
Posted by joeykw18 on 9/25/2016 3:26:00 PM (view original):
Has anything posted about the crappy job "logic" previously? Does WIS care?

I'm a C+ D1 school with back-to-back NT appearances (sub-100 RPI), but was shot down for a D+ job by a school with an RPI over-200.

I've been generating data whenever jobs open up for my D1 teams. Planning a big job logic post where I try to get a sense of what it takes to get various level jobs. If you tell me the name of your team and the best prestige job you're qualified for, I'll add it.

But yeah, job logic sucks. Been complaining about that since I got to D1
9/25/2016 4:05 PM
Tarvolon : I just got to Purdue in Allen, D+, base prestige, B+. I needed Mississippi State two NTS, Utah two NTS, B- prestige. I spent 9 seasons in D1, 5 in D2 before landing Purdue. I landed Clemson in Phelan, 10 seasons never going further than s16 in nt d2 but i went ten seasons in a row. I am qualified for bad prestige big six teans inRupp from d2 success in nt as well. I think it could be easier from d2.
9/25/2016 7:33 PM
for years, many participants have said that the hiring and firing logic should be improved

many of us have believed that that was a high priority - and rather narrow, targeted - step that could have been taken to improve gameplay

fire some coaches with long mediocre runs at elite schools - give them a free season in that same world to encourage them not to drop away

make it easier to be hired to replace a SIM

years ago, seble decided on the path that led to 3.0 rewrite of scouting and recruiting instead. Its a shame they didnt work on jobs logic first
9/25/2016 8:34 PM
I probably had the bare minimum route to Div-1...

I was at Crum Div-2 Merrimack. After i made my 3rd NT (no wins) in my sixth season, I qualified for about 20 Div-1 jobs. Each of those 20 jobs were D- prestige schools in weak conferences.

After 6 seasons at Crum Holy Cross, I made my 3rd NT. This opened up Big Six jobs, but only at schools that were 2 prestige notches below (B- vs C).

My Loyalty and Reputation were both at A+ at each school.
9/25/2016 9:01 PM
Posted by zorzii on 9/25/2016 7:33:00 PM (view original):
Tarvolon : I just got to Purdue in Allen, D+, base prestige, B+. I needed Mississippi State two NTS, Utah two NTS, B- prestige. I spent 9 seasons in D1, 5 in D2 before landing Purdue. I landed Clemson in Phelan, 10 seasons never going further than s16 in nt d2 but i went ten seasons in a row. I am qualified for bad prestige big six teans inRupp from d2 success in nt as well. I think it could be easier from d2.
I couldn't find you when I saw that you took over Prudue I wanted to say congrats zorzi.
9/26/2016 12:49 AM
No argument from me on Job Logic. I have been saying for years that I hate how a great team has to be SIM run for a couple years and drop down in prestige for people to get that team and that to me, almost any Human coach is better than a SIM for any team. But what do I know.
9/26/2016 11:32 AM
Tarv, after 13 A+ seasons at D2 Abilene Christian in Naismith, and coming off a national title, I am not qualified for A- Purdue, a long shot for B (must be close to B+) Nebraska, and qualified for everything else, including B Rutgers.
9/26/2016 12:19 PM
Tarv, I'm A+ at D2 for the past 5 seasons, 16 NT wins and two Final Fours during those 5 seasons but no titles (thanks a lot, shoe!). I'm qualified for everything C+ and worse, longshot for B- Providence B- Va Tech and B Rutgers, and not qualified for B Nebraska.
9/26/2016 12:29 PM
Tarv,
I didn't keep it written down, but I lost two consecutive NT finals in D3 and this offseason (after second one) I was eligible for a couple of C- MAC type D1 schools, possibly even a C. Zero Big6 though.

I went from D3 to Harvard after S16, NT2 and FF. Then after 5 seasons at Harvard (none, NT, NT, NT2, NT2) went to Cincinnati who was at a C.
9/26/2016 2:00 PM
I do find it interesting that they will rewrite the entire recruiting process to allow the little guys to have a chance, but not allow the coaches to move up to bigger schools easier. It does seem like they put they cart before the horse.
9/27/2016 12:07 PM
The thing that drives me crazy is it's going from a small school to a mid-major (who is currently a D+), not even a big-6.
9/27/2016 12:53 PM
After having done it a few ways, I think it's generally easier (albeit not easy, and dependent on openings) to go from high D2 to low Big 6 without having small school to mid major to low big 6. Too many chances with a stop at small school or mid major to get blocked from moving up.
9/27/2016 4:03 PM
should have been improved ages ago - long before 3.0
9/27/2016 11:19 PM
12 Next ▸
Job Logic Sucks Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.