Penn St. v. Regis in Beta Topic

Posted by casperthegm on 9/27/2016 9:36:00 AM (view original):
Full recruiting effort indicates to me that Penn State both maxed out all recruiting options AND they were on the recruit with AP's from the start. Anything less is not full recruiting effort in my opinion.

Those initial AP's from the team that was on the recruit first continue to accrue, especially if scholly, home visit and campus visits are made early. That's not a small impact. It's good recruiting strategy and rewards the team that made the effort to find and go after the recruit early. Penn State had that opportunity but did not do so immediately, from what I've read here.
Ding ding ding we have a winner!
9/27/2016 1:45 PM
Posted by Benis on 9/27/2016 10:05:00 AM (view original):
Here's what everyone is saying.

APs in itself are worth the same whether they're applied day 1 or day 3.

HOWEVER, if you the recruit has a preference of wants to play and you promise a start on day 1 then your subsequent APs after that point will now carry that additional preference bonus.

So, how many of PSU's APs were carrying that additional VG preference vs Regis's APs is the question here. That would impact the overall 'effort' total.

Edit - not just APs carrying the additional VG but also the HVs and CV.
Yes, I think you're getting it now. Now explain it to the hater-in-chief and maybe he'll stop posting misinformation.
9/27/2016 1:48 PM
Posted by CoachSpud on 9/27/2016 1:48:00 PM (view original):
Posted by Benis on 9/27/2016 10:05:00 AM (view original):
Here's what everyone is saying.

APs in itself are worth the same whether they're applied day 1 or day 3.

HOWEVER, if you the recruit has a preference of wants to play and you promise a start on day 1 then your subsequent APs after that point will now carry that additional preference bonus.

So, how many of PSU's APs were carrying that additional VG preference vs Regis's APs is the question here. That would impact the overall 'effort' total.

Edit - not just APs carrying the additional VG but also the HVs and CV.
Yes, I think you're getting it now. Now explain it to the hater-in-chief and maybe he'll stop posting misinformation.
#1 I've always gotten it Spud. But thanks for making sure I can keep up with you.
#2 The hater-in-chief gets it too Spud. But thanks making sure everyone else can keep up with you.
9/27/2016 2:01 PM
I look forward to being able to schedule D1 opponents in out of conference with my D3 team, would be so much easier if we didn't have these pesky "Divisions" red lighting things.
9/27/2016 4:01 PM
◂ Prev 1...5|6|7
Penn St. v. Regis in Beta Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.