The debate is on Topic

Posted by wylie715 on 9/28/2016 3:38:00 PM (view original):
I'm not sure you can call not losing all his money being a successful businessman, but can you say that's good experience for running the country?
Um...
9/28/2016 4:12 PM
Hillary is good at making money. Remember they were flat broke when Bill left office.
9/28/2016 4:14 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 9/28/2016 2:33:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 9/28/2016 2:30:00 PM (view original):
It is. You may not like the way he went about it but he had been a successful business man.
It's not that I have any problem with the way he went about it. But he started wealthy. It's not a HUGE success just staying wealthy.

He took a helicopter to the top of Everest and then called everyone who only climbed it half way a loser.
Good luck getting a helicopter to the top of everest.......
9/28/2016 5:32 PM
Posted by toddcommish on 9/28/2016 4:12:00 PM (view original):
Posted by wylie715 on 9/28/2016 3:38:00 PM (view original):
I'm not sure you can call not losing all his money being a successful businessman, but can you say that's good experience for running the country?
Um...
I'm not sure you can call not losing all his money

Can you not read?
9/28/2016 5:33 PM
My bad, i combined all of the "he ruined several businesses" with your post.
9/28/2016 6:30 PM
Posted by ncmusician_7 on 9/28/2016 5:32:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 9/28/2016 2:33:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 9/28/2016 2:30:00 PM (view original):
It is. You may not like the way he went about it but he had been a successful business man.
It's not that I have any problem with the way he went about it. But he started wealthy. It's not a HUGE success just staying wealthy.

He took a helicopter to the top of Everest and then called everyone who only climbed it half way a loser.
Good luck getting a helicopter to the top of everest.......
b_l using Clinton's "fact checker" again.
9/28/2016 7:49 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
You got a mouse in your pocket? Yes, please list them. Thanks in advance.
9/28/2016 8:46 PM
OK, now list the truth Hillary told, research monkey.
9/28/2016 9:55 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 9/27/2016 9:54:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 9/27/2016 5:37:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 9/27/2016 4:59:00 PM (view original):
FWIW, anyone who thinks one candidate is vastly superior to the other is waaaay to the left or right. They're terrible. They could have an hour long debate where they lob insults at each other based on real life activity and not repeat a single one.
Literally any reasonably experienced politician would be a better choice than Trump.

Clinton, Sanders, Jeb Bush, Marco Rubio, Mitt Romney, Paul Ryan, the list goes on. I may disagree on policy with several of them, but it's unlikely that their Presidency would be all that bad, let alone the disaster that Trump's would be.

It's not a left/right thing (as evidenced by GHWB voting for Clinton), it's a common sense thing. Anyone who says that Clinton is just as bad as Trump is stupid.
I assume you're basing your view on Trump's Presidency based on his vast political record(any recent President have very little political experience?). While I think it's an extremely stupid reason to vote for Trump, no one knows what he'll do. Most likely be kept in check by his advisors and Congress.

It's utterly retarded to say "Trump's Presidency will be a disaster" with any conviction. Thanks for the input, retard.
Trump's Presidency would indeed be a disaster.

Domestically, there would be some levels of checks on policy because of Congress. I'd have less faith in his being able to be kept in check by advisors because Trump always needs to be the smartest guy in the room. His tagline from "The Apprentice" would likely play out on any "advisor" who gives him advice that goes against what he wants. I'd fear his issuance of Executive Orders might turn into a clusterfuck of repeated challenges of constitutionality all the way to the Supreme Court. One could argue that he could be the first President who takes office where it's anticipated that at some point, he's due to commit an impeachable offense.

And foreign policy and interaction with foreign leaders would be a complete disaster. Despite his promise months ago that he would "act Presidential" once he needed to, he's pretty much shown that he's either unwilling or incapable of doing so. How long before he insults a foreign leader or his/her spouse? I don't think I want to find out.

9/28/2016 10:33 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 9/28/2016 10:26:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 9/28/2016 9:55:00 PM (view original):
OK, now list the truth Hillary told, research monkey.
You want...like...a transcript of the debate? No, thanks.

I assume, since you love to do research to make your point, there are none. Which is pretty consistent with how she conducts herself.
9/29/2016 8:15 AM
Posted by tecwrg on 9/28/2016 10:33:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 9/27/2016 9:54:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 9/27/2016 5:37:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 9/27/2016 4:59:00 PM (view original):
FWIW, anyone who thinks one candidate is vastly superior to the other is waaaay to the left or right. They're terrible. They could have an hour long debate where they lob insults at each other based on real life activity and not repeat a single one.
Literally any reasonably experienced politician would be a better choice than Trump.

Clinton, Sanders, Jeb Bush, Marco Rubio, Mitt Romney, Paul Ryan, the list goes on. I may disagree on policy with several of them, but it's unlikely that their Presidency would be all that bad, let alone the disaster that Trump's would be.

It's not a left/right thing (as evidenced by GHWB voting for Clinton), it's a common sense thing. Anyone who says that Clinton is just as bad as Trump is stupid.
I assume you're basing your view on Trump's Presidency based on his vast political record(any recent President have very little political experience?). While I think it's an extremely stupid reason to vote for Trump, no one knows what he'll do. Most likely be kept in check by his advisors and Congress.

It's utterly retarded to say "Trump's Presidency will be a disaster" with any conviction. Thanks for the input, retard.
Trump's Presidency would indeed be a disaster.

Domestically, there would be some levels of checks on policy because of Congress. I'd have less faith in his being able to be kept in check by advisors because Trump always needs to be the smartest guy in the room. His tagline from "The Apprentice" would likely play out on any "advisor" who gives him advice that goes against what he wants. I'd fear his issuance of Executive Orders might turn into a clusterfuck of repeated challenges of constitutionality all the way to the Supreme Court. One could argue that he could be the first President who takes office where it's anticipated that at some point, he's due to commit an impeachable offense.

And foreign policy and interaction with foreign leaders would be a complete disaster. Despite his promise months ago that he would "act Presidential" once he needed to, he's pretty much shown that he's either unwilling or incapable of doing so. How long before he insults a foreign leader or his/her spouse? I don't think I want to find out.

Trump has a giant ego, right?

Do you think he'd want his Presidency remembered as "a disaster". As for how he wants to be remembered, Trump is actually bigger on that than Obama.

I wouldn't vote for him because I don't want to find out if you're right but I think his ego that causes so many problems is also the thing that would keep him in check.
9/29/2016 8:18 AM
◂ Prev 1...4|5|6|7|8...16 Next ▸
The debate is on Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.