The debate is on Topic

You're assuming that he can perceive reality like a normal person can. He hasn't given me much of a reason to believe that he does.

I'm thinking that however much a disaster his Presidency would be, his massive ego would still consider it a HUUUUUUGE success.

9/29/2016 8:40 AM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Posted by tecwrg on 9/29/2016 8:40:00 AM (view original):
You're assuming that he can perceive reality like a normal person can. He hasn't given me much of a reason to believe that he does.

I'm thinking that however much a disaster his Presidency would be, his massive ego would still consider it a HUUUUUUGE success.

I think you're mistaken.

As a businessman, there has to have been instances where he curbed his ego to get a job done. While he could have said "I'll hire another contractor" or supplier, he's also big on "Ahead of time, under budget". Now both of those claims could be bullshit but, in order to do that, you can't swap contractors/supplies midstream. And, in dealing with red tape, he couldn't tell the powers that be "**** off. I'll just go build my luxurious hotel, the best hotel in the world, in Picastaway." He had to tone it down and let those powers think they were running the show.
9/29/2016 9:21 AM
Again, I don't want to find out if he'll tell the Prince of Saudi to "eat a dick" but it's my belief he isn't stupid contrary to some of the things he's said.
9/29/2016 9:22 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 9/29/2016 9:21:00 AM (view original):
Posted by tecwrg on 9/29/2016 8:40:00 AM (view original):

I think you're mistaken.

As a businessman, there has to have been instances where he curbed his ego to get a job done. While he could have said "I'll hire another contractor" or supplier, he's also big on "Ahead of time, under budget". Now both of those claims could be bullshit but, in order to do that, you can't swap contractors/supplies midstream. And, in dealing with red tape, he couldn't tell the powers that be "**** off. I'll just go build my luxurious hotel, the best hotel in the world, in Picastaway." He had to tone it down and let those powers think they were running the show.
From this article on CNN this morning, on post-debate reaction to her performance:

"Trump wants his supporters to make an energetic defense of his performance and refuse to concede that he didn't nail it."

That's ego in action. That's what you would get in a Trump Presidency.

9/29/2016 9:29 AM
So you think, after the first debate, Trump should say "Oh boy, that didn't go well. Hillary was prepared and I wasn't. I sure got smoked on that one. Hope to do better next time!!"?
9/29/2016 9:35 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 9/29/2016 9:35:00 AM (view original):
So you think, after the first debate, Trump should say "Oh boy, that didn't go well. Hillary was prepared and I wasn't. I sure got smoked on that one. Hope to do better next time!!"?
Anybody with a normal level of self-awareness probably would.

That's exactly what Obama did after his first debate with Romney four years ago.

I'm not surprised that Trump is not.
9/29/2016 9:52 AM
So, after your Little League teams gets a beatdown, do you rally them with "Boy, we got crushed. They were better than us. Maybe we'll do better next time!!!!?

If so, you need to work on that. There's an old saying "Don't let one game beat you twice" or something like that. It means "Don't dwell on that defeat, we've got work to do."
9/29/2016 10:05 AM
And, are you suddenly an Obama-lover? "Obama did!!!!"
9/29/2016 10:06 AM
Posted by The Taint on 9/29/2016 9:41:00 AM (view original):
He has no idea he got smoked...he thinks he clobbered her...like Moy thinks.
Didn't twitter posts actually favor Trump winning the debate?
Aren't those the same people who will be voting?
9/29/2016 10:16 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 9/29/2016 10:05:00 AM (view original):
So, after your Little League teams gets a beatdown, do you rally them with "Boy, we got crushed. They were better than us. Maybe we'll do better next time!!!!?

If so, you need to work on that. There's an old saying "Don't let one game beat you twice" or something like that. It means "Don't dwell on that defeat, we've got work to do."
Since this is quite relevant to me, I'll tell you exactly what we, as coaches, do after a loss.

You take an honest look at what just happened. What worked, and what didn't work. You recognize and reinforce the good parts (that worked), and you come up with a plan, likely at the next practice, to address and improve on the parts where you failed. That goes for not only the kids, but also for the manager.

I had a playoff game this past spring where I had two of my weaker kids in the game at the same time playing corner outfield. As fate would have it, there was an inning where it seemed that every ball was hit down the LF or RF line, and we gave up a shitload of runs. Then came rain and lightning, and the game got called before it was an official game. I had a very different game plan with respect to those kids the next night for the makeup.

So, do you think Trump is capable of taking an honest look at his approach to Monday's debate and will have a different game plan for the next one?
9/29/2016 10:21 AM
Posted by tecwrg on 9/29/2016 10:21:00 AM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 9/29/2016 10:05:00 AM (view original):

Since this is quite relevant to me, I'll tell you exactly what we, as coaches, do after a loss.

You take an honest look at what just happened. What worked, and what didn't work. You recognize and reinforce the good parts (that worked), and you come up with a plan, likely at the next practice, to address and improve on the parts where you failed. That goes for not only the kids, but also for the manager.

I had a playoff game this past spring where I had two of my weaker kids in the game at the same time playing corner outfield. As fate would have it, there was an inning where it seemed that every ball was hit down the LF or RF line, and we gave up a shitload of runs. Then came rain and lightning, and the game got called before it was an official game. I had a very different game plan with respect to those kids the next night for the makeup.

So, do you think Trump is capable of taking an honest look at his approach to Monday's debate and will have a different game plan for the next one?
Well.....
A) You didn't address how you address the kids after the game. Insert Trump in your role, kids as his supporters. I'm almost positive you accentuate the positive rather than admit you were simply beat down. Remember, this is politics. You need your supporters to actually vote not throw up their hands and say "We can't win. Why bother?"

B) Yes, I think Trump will be prepared. I believe Hillary thought he would be in the first so she was going to attempt to frustrate him. However, since he apparently was not, frustration came naturally.
9/29/2016 10:35 AM
◂ Prev 1...5|6|7|8|9...16 Next ▸
The debate is on Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.