The debate is on Topic

If a candidate changed his name to "None of the Above", he would win in a landslide....
9/27/2016 5:26 PM
All3 - fair enough.
9/27/2016 5:33 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 9/27/2016 4:59:00 PM (view original):
FWIW, anyone who thinks one candidate is vastly superior to the other is waaaay to the left or right. They're terrible. They could have an hour long debate where they lob insults at each other based on real life activity and not repeat a single one.
Literally any reasonably experienced politician would be a better choice than Trump.

Clinton, Sanders, Jeb Bush, Marco Rubio, Mitt Romney, Paul Ryan, the list goes on. I may disagree on policy with several of them, but it's unlikely that their Presidency would be all that bad, let alone the disaster that Trump's would be.

It's not a left/right thing (as evidenced by GHWB voting for Clinton), it's a common sense thing. Anyone who says that Clinton is just as bad as Trump is stupid.
9/27/2016 5:37 PM
Yup
9/27/2016 6:24 PM
I have to agree with BL. I really, really dislike Clinton. To me, she is the epitome of a politician, and that is not a good thing. If she was running against almost anyone else, I'd strongly consider voting for her opponent. Much as it pains me, I will vote for her. Of course, I'm willing to bet there are many who say exactly the opposite. They don't like Trump and if he was running against anyone but Clinton, they'd vote for his opponent. I've voted in every presidential election since I was 18 and I can't remember two such unlikable candidates.
9/27/2016 6:32 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 9/27/2016 5:37:00 PM (view original):
FWIW, anyone who thinks one candidate is vastly superior to the other is waaaay to the left or right. They're terrible. They could have an hour long debate where they lob insults at each other based on real life activity and not repeat a single one.
Literally any reasonably experienced politician would be a better choice than Trump.

Clinton, Sanders, Jeb Bush, Marco Rubio, Mitt Romney, Paul Ryan, the list goes on. I may disagree on policy with several of them, but it's unlikely that their Presidency would be all that bad, let alone the disaster that Trump's would be.

It's not a left/right thing (as evidenced by GHWB voting for Clinton), it's a common sense thing. Anyone who says that Clinton is just as bad as Trump is stupid.
To me, Clinton is better, but not appreciably better. But I'll take her over that idiot. Its a fuck1ng disgrace that Donald Trump is a candidate. We had friends over from Europe and they all wanted to know how/why this guy won the nomination. I said "because no one good will run."
9/27/2016 6:32 PM
It's too bad that, as bad as both Clinton and Trump are, that another option isn't even considered by many. Gary Johnson. If there ever was a time in history to vote for someone other than the two main candidates this would be it. Just listen to everyone talk about how bad these two are, yet the majority who will vote, will still vote for one of them even though they don't like either.

In politics, compromises are frequently seen as a sign of selflessness which places the greater good of the country ahead of principled, yet divisive stances. Some would even venture to suggest that partisanships are shortsighted and the surest way to hinder progress, and represents the greatest challenge to national unity.

And yet, between 1995 and 2003, during his tenure as governor of New Mexico, Gary Earl Johnson vetoed almost 800 bills (including line items) sent by the state legislature which led to arguably the state’s worst ever legislative gridlock. But his principled stand also massively reduced government spending, decelerated spending growth and wiped off the state’s budget deficit. By the end of his term, the treasury even reported a $1 billion surplus – all achieved without raising any taxes!

Gov. Johnson is an ardent believer of liberty, individual rights and small government. He is against military intervention and high taxation. He is convinced that existing drug laws and policies are doomed to failure. Gov. Johnson is also a strong proponent of personal responsibility.

9/27/2016 8:34 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Posted by MikeT23 on 9/27/2016 9:54:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 9/27/2016 5:37:00 PM (view original):

I assume you're basing your view on Trump's Presidency based on his vast political record(any recent President have very little political experience?). While I think it's an extremely stupid reason to vote for Trump, no one knows what he'll do. Most likely be kept in check by his advisors and Congress.

It's utterly retarded to say "Trump's Presidency will be a disaster" with any conviction. Thanks for the input, retard.
Man, you come out swingin' EVERY TIME you post. Good stamina for such an old guy.

Youre right, I don't know for a fact that his presidency would be a disaster. I'm making a prediction that it would be based on the fact that he's an idiot who runs businesses into the ground, who has an ego that won't allow him to be diplomatic, and who doesn't really seem all that interested in creating good policy or spending time and effort running the country.
9/27/2016 10:06 PM (edited)
It's funny that the guy who thinks Obama is the WORST PRESIDENT OF ALL TIME also thinks Trump's presidency will be ok because he'll be kept in check by his advisors and congress.
9/27/2016 10:08 PM
Posted by toddcommish on 9/27/2016 10:49:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 9/27/2016 10:08:00 PM (view original):
It's funny that the guy who thinks Obama is the WORST PRESIDENT OF ALL TIME also thinks Trump's presidency will be ok because he'll be kept in check by his advisors and congress.
It's funny that the guy who thought it was OK that Obama had almost no political experience now thinks that having a vastly experienced political dirtbag and proven liar and security threat is a good idea.

It's funny how it goes both ways.
Obama was a Senator. And a state Senator. And a constitutional law professor.

Trump had a rich dad and ruins companies.
9/27/2016 10:55 PM
Hillary has proven she can't be kept in check by her reckless use of email.
It's funny how the ones who support her think her proven un-ability is better than someone who hasn't proven anything yet.
9/27/2016 11:00 PM
Seems pretty relevant to a job guided by the constitution.
9/27/2016 11:14 PM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4|5...16 Next ▸
The debate is on Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.