It also says

"Employees who accept a buyout will remain employed through May 23."

So that is obviously not accurate.

But it's possible that was the day they put in the request to accept the buyout but might not have known whether it was accepted or not until a later date.
9/28/2016 10:36 AM
This dissection of the buyout is starting to get weird guys. It's none of our business.
9/28/2016 10:40 AM
Posted by dahsdebater on 9/28/2016 4:31:00 AM (view original):

Marketing
Shortly after the final two worlds upgrade to 3.0, we will begin a marketing campaign to drive new owners into the game. This will involve both the WhatIfSports and FOX Sports properties. We have a great game that is now available to play on any device and is easier for newcomers to comprehend and enjoy. Combine this with our helpful, veteran user base and we should expect to see fuller worlds with greater competition than ever before

Good to know that the staff is totally out of touch. The new game is in absolutely no way "easier for newcomers to comprehend and enjoy," nor will newcomers at this point find an overly helpful user base in the forums. Not to mention, "fuller worlds with greater competition than ever before." TZ has been here since the worlds were full. How can they be fuller than that? Is his memory really that short, or has he totally given over to supporting the company line with politically-motivated bullshit?
The upset user base is a fair point, but I can't help but think that everyone repeating the "this is in no way easier for newcomers" line doesn't remember being a newcomer.

When I joined the game, I didn't realize that FSS was necessary for quality recruiting, and the Player's Guide was giving advice for the game pre-potential. I thought the "probably best to look elsewhere" message from my assistant actually meant that I should look elsewhere. HD 2.0 is in no way friendly to new users.

Scouting may take more time or more trial and error now, but at least new users know it's important and aren't dealing with messages providing active misinformation.
9/28/2016 10:54 AM
Posted by tarvolon on 9/28/2016 10:54:00 AM (view original):

Marketing
Shortly after the final two worlds upgrade to 3.0, we will begin a marketing campaign to drive new owners into the game. This will involve both the WhatIfSports and FOX Sports properties. We have a great game that is now available to play on any device and is easier for newcomers to comprehend and enjoy. Combine this with our helpful, veteran user base and we should expect to see fuller worlds with greater competition than ever before

Good to know that the staff is totally out of touch. The new game is in absolutely no way "easier for newcomers to comprehend and enjoy," nor will newcomers at this point find an overly helpful user base in the forums. Not to mention, "fuller worlds with greater competition than ever before." TZ has been here since the worlds were full. How can they be fuller than that? Is his memory really that short, or has he totally given over to supporting the company line with politically-motivated bullshit?
The upset user base is a fair point, but I can't help but think that everyone repeating the "this is in no way easier for newcomers" line doesn't remember being a newcomer.

When I joined the game, I didn't realize that FSS was necessary for quality recruiting, and the Player's Guide was giving advice for the game pre-potential. I thought the "probably best to look elsewhere" message from my assistant actually meant that I should look elsewhere. HD 2.0 is in no way friendly to new users.

Scouting may take more time or more trial and error now, but at least new users know it's important and aren't dealing with messages providing active misinformation.
I strongly agree with tarv. I didn't know what a pull-down was for many, many seasons. To go along with that, I had no idea that I had to make x amount of Scouting Visits to unlock those pull-downs. Also, I had no idea about a recruit being a "high-high" or "low-high", and so had no concept of the significance of my scout telling me that targets could improve *significantly* or that the Sky's The Limit had any extra meaning.

There was a huge learning curve. I was in Crum, so when I went to the Forums I clicked on the "Crum Forum", and I saw a ghost town. So to learn I'd try to read up on various Coaches Corners and look at good teams' rosters. Many many months later I discovered the HD Forums and the aejones thread, and learned key things like for example that Athleticism and Defense were the top factors in building a good roster. Also, until then, I had no idea that teams in top conferences were getting oodles of cash.

On top of that, every season I would get poached and bullied in Division-3. If I wasn't such a pig-head who wanted to try to keep improving, or if I didn't have young kids and needed a distraction while I sat in front of Caillou and Thomas The Tank Engine, I would have easily quit. Easily.

There was a huge, huge, yuge learning curve.
9/28/2016 11:22 AM
tarvolon and npb, thank you for bringing some sense to a thread that had devolved into
(a) whiners making something up
(b) someone else taking it as truth
(c) someone else whining about what was made up
(d) lather, repeat and rinse.

We all know that whiners gotta whine and haters gotta hate, and bringing sense to a conversation isn't going to slow that down one bit. They've been owned and completely, utterly miss that fact. My concern is that the toxic atmosphere they continue to create with the incessant misplaced negativity actually will drive away new customers. Maybe WIS should consider moderating these forums for a while as part of their marketing campaign for new users.

To all the negative tirds around here I say, it's a fine new game that we can play or leave. It's your choice. Make your choice and grow up.
9/28/2016 11:37 AM
If you can make it through an episode of Caillou, you can make it through anything.
9/28/2016 11:44 AM
Wow, this thread is hilarious...its a game peeps, if its not enjoyable for you anymore, then stop paying. Its that simple, it really is. We cant control anything WIS is doing, or not doing, so either suck it up and stay, or leave. The constant whining and picking apart EVERY little thing said by WIS is incredible around here....we play an internet sports version of Dungeons & Dragons, we are all nerds. Nothing being said on these crying threads is productive. If you want change, you are going about it the wrong way. Band together, and send a well thought out sitemail to admin...THAT is how you make change. Not by insulting, or crying, or whining, or speculating.

It used to be fun coming to the forums to read others thoughts on offenses/ defenses/ gameplanning....now its just unbearable.
9/28/2016 11:47 AM (edited)
Posted by emy1013 on 9/28/2016 12:25:00 AM (view original):
Posted by zorzii on 9/27/2016 9:36:00 PM (view original):
The change is done and it's not perfect. We have two choices : we do not buy the product or we give them a chance to make it right, call them their own. In the meantime, doing what Tarv has been doing or Chapel or anybody that point out problems is constructive. After a while, if the game does not meet my expectations, it's my decision to quit. No need to drive new players away or old ones by constantly whining. The change is made...
They don't have that Free Speech thing in Canada? Eh?
WTF .. Free Speech does not apply to private clubs .. Free Speech is something that the government can't deny citizens when speaking about the government.

Free Speech is not any in way related to message boards in a members only setting. If a private club wants to publish rules on speech (ie, private standards, etc.) that has nothing to do with free speech.

People are not forced to take your money and allow you to say whatever you want (you .. not emy .. just in the broad, overall sense). Private clubs can kick people out for not follow rules (speech or otherwise).
9/28/2016 11:51 AM (edited)
Posted by crabman26 on 9/28/2016 11:47:00 AM (view original):
Wow, this thread is hilarious...its a game peeps, if its not enjoyable for you anymore, then stop paying. Its that simple, it really is. We cant control anything WIS is doing, or not doing, so either suck it up and stay, or leave. The constant whining and picking apart EVERY little thing said by WIS is incredible around here....we play an internet sports version of Dungeons & Dragons, we are all nerds. Nothing being said on these crying threads is productive. If you want change, you are going about it the wrong way. Band together, and send a well thought out sitemail to admin...THAT is how you make change. Not by insulting, or crying, or whining, or speculating.

It used to be fun coming to the forums to read others thoughts on offenses/ defenses/ gameplanning....now its just unbearable.
LOL
9/28/2016 11:50 AM
Posted by kcsundevil on 9/28/2016 11:50:00 AM (view original):

LOL
What Im funny to you....funny how? Funny looking?
9/28/2016 11:51 AM
Posted by crabman26 on 9/28/2016 11:51:00 AM (view original):
Posted by kcsundevil on 9/28/2016 11:50:00 AM (view original):

LOL
What Im funny to you....funny how? Funny looking?
You amuse me in some way.
9/28/2016 11:52 AM

+1

"It used to be fun coming to the forums to read others thoughts on offenses/ defenses/ gameplanning....now its just unbearable."

That is exactly my concern at a time when we are expecting a lot of new users.
9/28/2016 11:53 AM
Posted by CoachSpud on 9/28/2016 11:53:00 AM (view original):

+1

"It used to be fun coming to the forums to read others thoughts on offenses/ defenses/ gameplanning....now its just unbearable."

That is exactly my concern at a time when we are expecting a lot of new users.
If you don't like the game, don't complain, just stop playing.

If you don't like the forums... ???
9/28/2016 11:56 AM
Posted by tarvolon on 9/28/2016 10:54:00 AM (view original):

Marketing

I guess everyone has their own experience. I made the mistake of starting out at a school with 8 open scholarships, but my first recruiting class did take me to the NT and within a year I had a couple of good teams and had won about half a dozen NT games. I'm not saying I was as good then as I am now, but I got decent pretty fast.
9/28/2016 12:15 PM
If you wanted to make the game more approachable for new users, you would make the HD forums more obvious/easy to find. You wouldn't make a more complicated and less deterministic game. And it's not like the HD forums are any easier to get to than they ever were in the past. So the actual problem - that some people have an information deficit - has not even be addressed.
9/28/2016 12:17 PM
◂ Prev 1...3|4|5|6|7...14 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.