Posted by shoe3 on 9/28/2016 7:47:00 PM (view original):
Posted by p6453 on 9/28/2016 6:23:00 PM (view original):
My thoughts...
*I am an irritated owner, but in no way do I want this game to die. Actually, my irritation with the powers-to-be has waned significantly, enough to where I may give 3.0 a few more seasons. I just don't want to walk away, no matter how bad the perception of nuHD is. I love this game.
*The Forums are toxic, no doubt. Blocking a few users has lessened that toxicity for me. Off-hand insults with every post response is SOP for some...as a community we don't need that.
*Hopefully the new guys at HD listen to the Coaches a bit more this time around.
I hope more of the subset of coaches promising to walk away will continue to give it a chance. The adjustment of process and expectations takes a few seasons, but it has been getting better for me as it goes along.

Along those lines, I'm reminded of another game I love, Sid Meier's Civilization series. The 6th version is coming out soon, and I've played them all. And every version, I go through the same steps: This looks cool! Wait why did they change this thing? WHY IS MY FAVORITE THING GONE??! They've totally ruined my favorite game, but I'll keep playing. Hold on, this is fun. Then eventually I don't even remember what I missed.

The curve has been shorter for me for HD3, but it's probably because I was more tolerating the old version than really enjoying it.
The only problem with this sentiment is if the game changes enough that you don't like it, you can continue playing the older version you have, and chances are there is a community of people who also want to continue playing that version. For example, I used to love Madden, but over the users it became crap imo. Eventually I stopped playing and started playing NCAA Football. Unfortunately they stopped making it and I was left without a football game. I missed it enough though and found others who still enjoyed it and we continue to play the old NCAA game rather than play Madden.

Here we don't have that option. Maybe if they set aside a different world or just didn't make such drastic changes all at once with no feedback, the backlash would not be what it is. Hell, I'd be willing to bet if they made slight, gradual changes over a long period of time, the slightly changing game may have ended up to what it is now without nearly the same backlash.
9/28/2016 9:28 PM
Posted by noleaniml on 9/28/2016 9:09:00 PM (view original):
Posted by kcsundevil on 9/28/2016 4:34:00 PM (view original):
Posted by CoachSpud on 9/28/2016 4:14:00 PM (view original):
Posted by poncho0091 on 9/28/2016 3:58:00 PM (view original):
Spud, I guess you should be moderated after starting a thread to tell one of your many successful mentors that he did nothing but lie to you, when in reality, you didn't do what he told you to do, and didn't have a clue how to actually play. The fact that you were giving so much feedback during the beta was part of the issue considering you were giving feedback on something you didn't even know about.

I love the guys on here complaining about the forums, then making a reference to a guide on the forums. Everything you guys detailed as issues were cosmetic in nature. Even better is when you complain that the current game couldn't hold or bring in new members when in reality the game wasn't being advertised and was minimally supported.

While some of you believe people want to see the game fail, I think it's more that some people just don't want to lose a good game.
poncho, poncho, poncho, you've got me totally mixed up with someone else (Ward). Apologies accepted.
There is a high probability you two are the same person. Not very high, but high.
So, basically, it's a coin-flip. :-)
Hahaha, nice callback!
9/28/2016 9:46 PM
Posted by poncho0091 on 9/28/2016 9:28:00 PM (view original):
My thoughts...
*I am an irritated owner, but in no way do I want this game to die. Actually, my irritation with the powers-to-be has waned significantly, enough to where I may give 3.0 a few more seasons. I just don't want to walk away, no matter how bad the perception of nuHD is. I love this game.
*The Forums are toxic, no doubt. Blocking a few users has lessened that toxicity for me. Off-hand insults with every post response is SOP for some...as a community we don't need that.
*Hopefully the new guys at HD listen to the Coaches a bit more this time around.
I hope more of the subset of coaches promising to walk away will continue to give it a chance. The adjustment of process and expectations takes a few seasons, but it has been getting better for me as it goes along.

Along those lines, I'm reminded of another game I love, Sid Meier's Civilization series. The 6th version is coming out soon, and I've played them all. And every version, I go through the same steps: This looks cool! Wait why did they change this thing? WHY IS MY FAVORITE THING GONE??! They've totally ruined my favorite game, but I'll keep playing. Hold on, this is fun. Then eventually I don't even remember what I missed.

The curve has been shorter for me for HD3, but it's probably because I was more tolerating the old version than really enjoying it.
The only problem with this sentiment is if the game changes enough that you don't like it, you can continue playing the older version you have, and chances are there is a community of people who also want to continue playing that version. For example, I used to love Madden, but over the users it became crap imo. Eventually I stopped playing and started playing NCAA Football. Unfortunately they stopped making it and I was left without a football game. I missed it enough though and found others who still enjoyed it and we continue to play the old NCAA game rather than play Madden.

Here we don't have that option. Maybe if they set aside a different world or just didn't make such drastic changes all at once with no feedback, the backlash would not be what it is. Hell, I'd be willing to bet if they made slight, gradual changes over a long period of time, the slightly changing game may have ended up to what it is now without nearly the same backlash.
seble said they really could not make incremental changes in scouting, recruiting because the legacy software was too klugey and he couldnt revise it effectively - the folks who wrote it had left WIS

they could have made - one assumes - other incremental changes like jobs process, perhaps recruit generation

now that they have 3.0 seble can work in coming months and years to refine it and solves problems identified but not yet solved......oops, this is the 3.0 legacy software and seble has left
9/28/2016 11:20 PM
Posted by CoachSpud on 9/28/2016 6:21:00 PM (view original):
Latest conspiracy theory: Ted Cruz and Queen Elizabeth of England are one and the same person. They have never been seen in the same room at the same time. That, by the way, is a more plausible theory than any other espoused in this thread.
spud - are you in any way affiliated with or connected to any current or former wis staff?
9/28/2016 11:30 PM
My thoughts...

You and I both, brother. I still occasionally play CIV II and IV. I wonder what my HD record would look like if I stopped playing CIV in 2004 and focused solely on this game...
9/29/2016 9:32 AM
Posted by gomiami1972 on 9/29/2016 9:32:00 AM (view original):
My thoughts...

You and I both, brother. I still occasionally play CIV II and IV. I wonder what my HD record would look like if I stopped playing CIV in 2004 and focused solely on this game...
Hell, I probably would have 2 extra promotions in the bag, if not for Sid Meier.
9/29/2016 10:11 AM
Posted by thewizard17 on 9/30/2016 2:48:00 AM (view original):
Seble can go **** himself. Ruined an entirely good game. I can't even see all of the recruits because of his stubborn attempt to revamp recruiting. And for what? There was no change in prestige, eliminated all the postseason cash. And the retarded flip a coin logic to see who gets a recruit. No recruit that was undecided between 2 schools has ever flipped a coin to decide where to go. I bet he got fired because of all of the complaints. He just shows up out of nowhere after 5 years, tell us we're going to do this and we're going to get started next month, then it's 3 months, then it's 6 months and finally implemented it a year later. And I can understand theonly's frustration and don't blame him one bit for being ****** off. It's not by accident that this many people are leaving the game.
So leave already so the rest of us can use the forums to play the current game. We want to pay our money to play a game we enjoy and use the forums to play the game and share information.

Instead of standing on the street corner prophesying that the end is near.. Stop paying money and stop playing the game.

If enough people stop playing and if enough new players don't show up to make up the difference then WIS will lose money. They either will or will not lose money in the long run. The game will either shut down or continue in the long run. They will either advertise or they won't.

I can tell you this. WIS completely filled D3 in a world and very few stayed from that effort. WIS wants to make changes to fix that, and they made changes. You don't have to like it. But some of us DO like it.

Those of us who want to play the current game deserve a place we can go where we can actually have a forum for game play.

Please ask WIS to create a prophecy of doom forum and take your prophesy of doom posts there where like minded doomsayers can post whatever they want.. And for God's sake let us use the HD forum for playing HD.

If the game goes TITSUP because not enough people pay to play, then I will find something else to spend my time and money on. While it is not TITSUP, how about you let the people who want to pay money and play the game do do.
9/30/2016 6:57 AM
Wis - please create a prophecy of doom forum. Then have the forum creator unexpectedly leave wis. Then please promise to advertise it heavily on FOX and assure us all is well. Thank you.
9/30/2016 8:01 AM
Company was doomed the day the shtickless died.

9/30/2016 8:09 AM
Posted by hughesjr on 9/30/2016 6:57:00 AM (view original):
Seble can go **** himself. Ruined an entirely good game. I can't even see all of the recruits because of his stubborn attempt to revamp recruiting. And for what? There was no change in prestige, eliminated all the postseason cash. And the retarded flip a coin logic to see who gets a recruit. No recruit that was undecided between 2 schools has ever flipped a coin to decide where to go. I bet he got fired because of all of the complaints. He just shows up out of nowhere after 5 years, tell us we're going to do this and we're going to get started next month, then it's 3 months, then it's 6 months and finally implemented it a year later. And I can understand theonly's frustration and don't blame him one bit for being ****** off. It's not by accident that this many people are leaving the game.
So leave already so the rest of us can use the forums to play the current game. We want to pay our money to play a game we enjoy and use the forums to play the game and share information.

Instead of standing on the street corner prophesying that the end is near.. Stop paying money and stop playing the game.

If enough people stop playing and if enough new players don't show up to make up the difference then WIS will lose money. They either will or will not lose money in the long run. The game will either shut down or continue in the long run. They will either advertise or they won't.

I can tell you this. WIS completely filled D3 in a world and very few stayed from that effort. WIS wants to make changes to fix that, and they made changes. You don't have to like it. But some of us DO like it.

Those of us who want to play the current game deserve a place we can go where we can actually have a forum for game play.

Please ask WIS to create a prophecy of doom forum and take your prophesy of doom posts there where like minded doomsayers can post whatever they want.. And for God's sake let us use the HD forum for playing HD.

If the game goes TITSUP because not enough people pay to play, then I will find something else to spend my time and money on. While it is not TITSUP, how about you let the people who want to pay money and play the game do do.
9/30/2016 12:55 PM

So everyone else who has put their time and money into the game, and used to also enjoy sharing information on the forums should just suck it up, because, some people like the new update. Screw the guys who liked the game.

I'm not sure where you got that they filled DIII, because I have teams in DIII, and it was not filled anytime in the last few years. In addition, the only reason there was an increase is because it was FREEHD, and we all know a large portion of FREEHD is just existing users trying to game the system, or start new teams. I remember one guy who used FREEHD to make about 6 or 7 different screennames so he could maintain one team. The new update is not going to retain more users, and if anything is going to **** someone off the first time they realize the random roll of recruiting with the preferences.
9/30/2016 10:24 PM
Posted by poncho0091 on 9/30/2016 10:24:00 PM (view original):

So everyone else who has put their time and money into the game, and used to also enjoy sharing information on the forums should just suck it up, because, some people like the new update. Screw the guys who liked the game.

I'm not sure where you got that they filled DIII, because I have teams in DIII, and it was not filled anytime in the last few years. In addition, the only reason there was an increase is because it was FREEHD, and we all know a large portion of FREEHD is just existing users trying to game the system, or start new teams. I remember one guy who used FREEHD to make about 6 or 7 different screennames so he could maintain one team. The new update is not going to retain more users, and if anything is going to **** someone off the first time they realize the random roll of recruiting with the preferences.
You paid your money to play the game before .. that is great. You liked it .. and you got what you paid for.

They changed it .. Now you have to decide if you like it NOW. If you do, play some more. If you don't .. well if I hated it, I would not pay to play it anymore. You already got what you paid for .. you played the old game.

They are still making and will make more adjustments. But I can guarantee they are not shifting back to 2.0. If that system is the only thing that is going to make you happy, it ain't happening. They didn't shift back when they rolled in potential and FSS HD .. they didn't shift the Gridiron Dynasty back to version 2 from version 3 after they wrote that new engine. They are not shifting this back either.

So, you have to make a decision if you are going to continue to play or not.

It either will or will not increase users. We will have to see .. BUT, it is rolled in.
9/30/2016 11:27 PM
Posted by hughesjr on 9/30/2016 11:27:00 PM (view original):

You paid your money to play the game before .. that is great. You liked it .. and you got what you paid for.

They changed it .. Now you have to decide if you like it NOW. If you do, play some more. If you don't .. well if I hated it, I would not pay to play it anymore. You already got what you paid for .. you played the old game.

They are still making and will make more adjustments. But I can guarantee they are not shifting back to 2.0. If that system is the only thing that is going to make you happy, it ain't happening. They didn't shift back when they rolled in potential and FSS HD .. they didn't shift the Gridiron Dynasty back to version 2 from version 3 after they wrote that new engine. They are not shifting this back either.

It either will or will not increase users. We will have to see .. BUT, it is rolled in.
You don't have to read and post in forum threads you don't like either. If people want to vent and complain, how does that truly impact you and your enjoyment of the game?
9/30/2016 11:43 PM
Posted by hughesjr on 9/30/2016 11:27:00 PM (view original):

Noone expects the game to go back. We understand it's done, but unfortunately when a company handles something like this, they should be prepared for the backlash, and if they don't care about the loyal customers, then they deserve the backlash that comes. You're right, I paid for the game that I enjoyed, but I also invested a lot of time into it and will only invest time in something I want to succeed. As much time as myself and others have invested, it's not a simple matter of just quitting, and we have every right to complain.

I could understand if I was one person complaining, but not only have they driven/ are driving out a large population of the game, but just like GD, they could care less. Just as I have every right to quit paying for an inferior product, you have every right to not enter a thread where those of us unhappy with the changes, want to voice our issues, this one based on which the lead member of those unwanted changes leaves right after ******* people off.
10/1/2016 1:07 AM (edited)
Except the problem is .. those of you that want to vent do so in every thread.

People complained that GD was a coin flip. Does pete_61 look like a coin flip for Div-2? Maybe pete_61 in 1AA or this 1AA. Maybe pete_61 in 1A? Looks like he has a two headed coin, no?
10/1/2016 2:30 AM (edited)
◂ Prev 1...6|7|8|9|10...14 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.