Flat/Sale tax instead of Income tax Topic

CE
9/29/2016 7:38 PM
Posted by sjpoker on 9/29/2016 6:43:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 9/29/2016 5:26:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 9/29/2016 4:14:00 PM (view original):
I feel like we're going down a rabbit hole of crazy.
This
This
This
9/29/2016 7:46 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 9/29/2016 5:23:00 PM (view original):
Maybe your employees are the stupidest goddam people on earth. But, since you say it's already happening, cutting their tax rate more isn't going to be a problem.

I don't know anyone who would choose a 20% rate instead of a 10% rate out of fear that scary business owners might try to pay them less. Newsflash, businessowners are already trying to pay them less.
Are you calling toddcomm one of the stupidest goddam people on earth?

Do you think everyone knows tax laws? I'll pull a Perot. "I'll get a bunch of accountants together, ask them to discuss it and listen to what they have to say then make a decision." I don't know all the tax laws. I pay someone for that. If I wanted to be a bean counter, I'd have taken different classes.

But, as I said, I'm enough of a people person to convince people I'm doing them a favor, without really harming them, while also helping myself.

After all, if someone makes $500 a week and I give them a week's vacation in lieu of that $500, what harm is done? They get more family time.
9/29/2016 10:10 PM
Didn't somebody here, on this very site, once argue for around 100 pages "what's the harm?" on another topic?
9/29/2016 10:14 PM
Hell, I don't know. What happened 3 years ago is BL's job. Are you crowding his space?
9/29/2016 10:23 PM
Pretty sure I'm not one of the dumbest ******* people on earth, but then again, if I was, how would I know?
9/29/2016 10:48 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 9/29/2016 10:10:00 PM (view original):
Maybe your employees are the stupidest goddam people on earth. But, since you say it's already happening, cutting their tax rate more isn't going to be a problem.

I don't know anyone who would choose a 20% rate instead of a 10% rate out of fear that scary business owners might try to pay them less. Newsflash, businessowners are already trying to pay them less.

Do you think everyone knows tax laws? I'll pull a Perot. "I'll get a bunch of accountants together, ask them to discuss it and listen to what they have to say then make a decision." I don't know all the tax laws. I pay someone for that. If I wanted to be a bean counter, I'd have taken different classes.

But, as I said, I'm enough of a people person to convince people I'm doing them a favor, without really harming them, while also helping myself.

After all, if someone makes $500 a week and I give them a week's vacation in lieu of that $500, what harm is done? They get more family time.
It's just such a weird argument that you're making.

A) We have a bracketed system now. As a married filer, there's a step up around $70k. Employers aren't trying to talk employees into taking less by using the, "you save on taxes argument." It's just not happening. Probably for two reasons, 1) an employee's gross pay isn't the same as their taxable income, which varies depending on many factors, most not known by the employer and 2) employers don't care about the personal tax rate of their employees.

B) but beyond all that, my plan wasn't to add tax brackets (at least not at the bottom) but to reduce the taxes at the bottom. So if we do that with less brackets, fine.
9/30/2016 12:53 AM (edited)
This has gotten ridiculous.
9/30/2016 5:53 AM
Posted by sjpoker on 9/29/2016 7:46:00 PM (view original):
Posted by sjpoker on 9/29/2016 6:43:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 9/29/2016 5:26:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 9/29/2016 4:14:00 PM (view original):
I feel like we're going down a rabbit hole of crazy.
This
This
This
This
9/30/2016 5:53 AM
CETTE
9/30/2016 6:10 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 9/29/2016 10:10:00 PM (view original):

But, as I said, I'm enough of a people person

Okay, now I've seen everything. Mike is a people person?????
9/30/2016 12:05 PM
I can be. Not much point of doing so on this board.
9/30/2016 12:51 PM
I don't think people understand the differences of small business and large corporations. They do not operate the same, nor is the owner/employee relationship the same. It's unlikely someone at a Fortune 100 company is volunteering to take a little less money for something else (it's even less likely it would be offered), but that scenario is highly plausible at a small business and might make complete sense for both sides.
9/30/2016 2:13 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 9/30/2016 12:51:00 PM (view original):
I can be. Not much point of doing so on this board.
I can't argue with that.
9/30/2016 2:21 PM
Posted by slashtc on 9/30/2016 2:13:00 PM (view original):
I don't think people understand the differences of small business and large corporations. They do not operate the same, nor is the owner/employee relationship the same. It's unlikely someone at a Fortune 100 company is volunteering to take a little less money for something else (it's even less likely it would be offered), but that scenario is highly plausible at a small business and might make complete sense for both sides.
Of course. 7-1 hours during the school year for a single mom is much better than an extra $100 a week. Daycare is expensive.
9/30/2016 2:27 PM
◂ Prev 1...13|14|15|16|17 Next ▸
Flat/Sale tax instead of Income tax Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.