Please define what playing competitively means Topic

This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.

HD is now in the dedicated hands of two veteran WIS employees: redhawk_514 and cwisniewski. Both have been competitively playing HD for years

redhawk career: 1241-1432 (0.464), 11 Conference Champs. 0 Nat'l Champs.
cwisniewski: 276-452 (0.379), 2, 0.
9/27/2016 7:43 PM
The changes toward randomness and parity were made to allow wis staff to finally be able to be competitive at their own game.
9/27/2016 7:46 PM
at least the current outlook of gearing the game towards coaches who can't win under the old method ought to be secure in the hands of new devs who also don't know how to win...
9/27/2016 7:47 PM
Posted by vandydave on 9/27/2016 7:46:00 PM (view original):
The changes toward randomness and parity were made to allow wis staff to finally be able to be competitive at their own game.
Do you think they were trying?
9/27/2016 8:41 PM
Posted by dacj501 on 9/27/2016 7:43:00 PM (view original):

HD is now in the dedicated hands of two veteran WIS employees: redhawk_514 and cwisniewski. Both have been competitively playing HD for years

redhawk career: 1241-1432 (0.464), 11 Conference Champs. 0 Nat'l Champs.
cwisniewski: 276-452 (0.379), 2, 0.
Watch out for these guys!

COLONELSKETBALL FER LIFE
9/27/2016 8:53 PM
I don't think they were trying. But if the game is random, it will die. I doubt they want it to be. They need some time to make it right. Dac, Acc, Phelan, Col , two teams for the sake of buds playing together!
9/27/2016 8:59 PM
I know there are supporters of the new game who want to keep things positive, but do you honestly not feel the tiniest bit deceived in all this. It was obvious to many this guy was going to make his changes and disappear just like WIS did after the last big update. Now you, the customer, is trying to do damage control.
9/27/2016 11:00 PM
you go to a doctor - having a medical issue. One possibility is to just go along, make a small adjustment to diet, add a little supplement. See if it gets better.

But your family doctor sends you for a second opinion to a guy at a big teaching hospital. He says they have a procedure that will reroute your nerves and a couple of blood vessels, but you will feel much better in the long term. You sign up for the treatment. Phase one is temporary. There are some issues, but the doc at the teaching hospital adjusts it some. Then you go in for the second, permanent phase of the treatment. The doctor come into your room, discusses what he's doing, you have some doubts, but he says trust me, we'll keep an eye on it and adjust as needed, This complex procedure will be better inthe long term, You go ahead

After surgery, you come to the recovery room and ask when the doctor will come around on rounds. The nurse tells you he has left the hospital. You say, yeah, he must be tired. She says, no he has left and isnt coming back.

You say, WTF

9/27/2016 11:18 PM
I do understand why seble wasn't worried about the EE issue now even better tho...
9/28/2016 12:48 AM
Maybe they should throw Coach Ward into that mix to make the perfect trifecta.
9/28/2016 2:18 AM
Posted by cubcub113 on 9/27/2016 8:41:00 PM (view original):
Posted by vandydave on 9/27/2016 7:46:00 PM (view original):
Do you think they were trying?
Not likely. Imagine the howling if they made to a championship game, accusations of rigging, knowing the formulas to create the "ideal game plans", etc. Not to mention if they advanced in the NT regularly, taking credits away from paying customers. Developers play their own games to gauge how it feels from the inside, not to "win".

And no, I don't feel deceived at all. I assume that the companies that provide goods and services I enjoy have real live people as their employees, and those people make real live decisions. I don't have an expectation to be told when their employees decide to walk away. My expectation is that they will continue to produce the game, and they've done that so far.
9/28/2016 10:43 AM
Well tarek had a competitive team and I dont think anyone complained.
9/28/2016 11:12 AM
presence of real live employees is at times rather unclear at WIS
9/28/2016 11:12 AM
when is the announcement coming that Spud has been hired to join WIS staff?
9/28/2016 11:17 AM
12 Next ▸
Please define what playing competitively means Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.