Knight Job Openings Topic

Knight is the first world to roll over post 3.0 recruiting. In D1 there are now 25 big 6 job openings, and this is in a world where the big 6 jobs were near full. There are 7 A+ jobs open (seven!) and 4 A+ baseline openings (uconn, cuse, much st, and ucla).

Wooden rolls over in a few days and we'll see what numbers look like over there. The game is in trouble. For WIS marketing campaign can't happen soon enough.
9/29/2016 8:35 AM
Wooden DII is still actually doing pretty well. In the three top RPI conferences, only one person left last year.
9/29/2016 8:37 AM
Naismith rolled over for its last time as 2.0 recruiting and over 100 users left D3. And of course there are still more set to leave after this season from the people recruiting one last time with 2.0. Not counting the losses from D2 and D1 because it's too much work but significant losses their too. Just in one roll over.

That is embarrassing and has to be a real problem behind the scenes despite their rose colored glasses statements to us.
9/29/2016 8:46 AM
Posted by cubcub113 on 9/29/2016 8:37:00 AM (view original):
Wooden DII is still actually doing pretty well. In the three top RPI conferences, only one person left last year.
I'll be curious what the numbers look like after this season, after everyone has had a chance to experience 3.0.
9/29/2016 8:52 AM
Posted by jsajsa on 9/29/2016 8:46:00 AM (view original):
Naismith rolled over for its last time as 2.0 recruiting and over 100 users left D3. And of course there are still more set to leave after this season from the people recruiting one last time with 2.0. Not counting the losses from D2 and D1 because it's too much work but significant losses their too. Just in one roll over.

That is embarrassing and has to be a real problem behind the scenes despite their rose colored glasses statements to us.
Agreed. I just don't get it.

I have 1 of my 6 teams set to renew for next season. I tried 3.0 but the amount of extra time it takes to do things properly is insane.
9/29/2016 8:55 AM
The list of available teams in Knight D2/D3 is like a "Who's Who" of HD success.
Hopefully they're just a bit slow in renewing, but that remains to be seen as of yet. My fingers are crossed that this isn't the hit we knew was coming...I'd be disappointed, but not surprised.
I'm giving 3.0 a try, for a few seasons at least.
9/29/2016 9:06 AM
People who don't want to play shouldn't play
9/29/2016 9:24 AM
Been slowly climbing the ladder for a while in Knight, and now that I finally feel like I've got something sustainable going at South Carolina, all the A+ jobs open up
9/29/2016 9:43 AM
Posted by hughesjr on 9/29/2016 9:24:00 AM (view original):
I understand your point from the player point of view. But it's idiotic from the WIS point of view.

It's like Coca Cola saying "if you don't like New Coke, just go drink Pepsi"

Despite what some of the vets say, even if you strip away the crap issues with randomness and EEs, recruiting/scouting is more time consuming and complex. IMO, new user retention will go DOWN. So even a long overdue marketing blitz would only have short term effects.
9/29/2016 9:48 AM
I saved the population data prior to the roll over:

by division d1/d2/d3 before vs after - 120/91/68 vs 98/62/49

Now there will be some late guys who re-up - I just did myself, so I'd expect those are not the final numbers. By the way, most worlds are right around these numbers, Knight might even have been slightly higher. the only world I don't have the info yet is Naismith, which beginning tonight will be the last world to recruit under the old system.

world 2 - 115/104/85
world 3 - 116/78/78
world 4 - 108/82/81
world 5 - 102/97/67
world 6 - 111/98/85
World 7 - 102/68/64
world 8 - 124/97/50
world 10 - 116/71/70
9/29/2016 9:55 AM
Posted by mullycj on 9/29/2016 9:48:00 AM (view original):
Posted by hughesjr on 9/29/2016 9:24:00 AM (view original):
I understand your point from the player point of view. But it's idiotic from the WIS point of view.

It's like Coca Cola saying "if you don't like New Coke, just go drink Pepsi"

Despite what some of the vets say, even if you strip away the crap issues with randomness and EEs, recruiting/scouting is more time consuming and complex. IMO, new user retention will go DOWN. So even a long overdue marketing blitz would only have short term effects.
Mully you've been posting a bunch on the main forum and in the beta, are you staying? I am in the process of trying to figure out exactly what I am doing. I'm 100% sure of two things, one I'm scaling back (already went from 11 to 10), and two, I'm not dropping to zero teams any time soon. So I have a little wiggle room - LOL. Good luck to you (and all users really) as you sort thru HD 3.0 and beyond. I've really had fun playing this game, and only wish the best for both the game, and those who play it.
9/29/2016 10:04 AM (edited)
I am like Oldresorter. I will see it through, check if 3.0 is worth it. I took Purdue in Allen. I might just play D1 in Phelan and Allen. I am trying D2, but with the home run type of recruiting that will be going on, I feel it will get really boring when a guy has a top 10 player on his squad in D2... Or two solid d1 players... It will make the game a lottery... You got enough top D1 players, then you are unbeatable. You tried your chance at the lottery but lost, forget it, you won't compete with the top 10 of teams. It's not your skills, it's random, it's geographical situations, it's recruits generation or a roll of the dice. At least, at D1, you could lose a top player to a bad D- team... or two, and get your year destroyed, but you know everyone will live with the same rules. If your recruiting sessions are destroyed every season, then D1 won't be worth anything, especially at the top of the ladder. If A+ Duke loses three battles to D, D- or C- teams... I mean, what does it mean to be A+ and playing at Duke in one of the top conference in real life?

9/29/2016 10:27 AM
I'm giving 3.0 1-2 seasons to see if they fix some of the major issues from BETA plus some new ones that will pop up in the real worlds.
If the game is still broken I will park credits till 4.0.
9/29/2016 10:29 AM
Posted by darnoc29099 on 9/29/2016 8:35:00 AM (view original):
Knight is the first world to roll over post 3.0 recruiting. In D1 there are now 25 big 6 job openings, and this is in a world where the big 6 jobs were near full. There are 7 A+ jobs open (seven!) and 4 A+ baseline openings (uconn, cuse, much st, and ucla).

Wooden rolls over in a few days and we'll see what numbers look like over there. The game is in trouble. For WIS marketing campaign can't happen soon enough.
I was at UConn and chose to leave, leaving credits unused rather than play this new game that I've tried and for documented reasons abhor, the UConn-Syracuse rivalry was one of the best in Knight. It's a shame. New coaches will rise into those spots eventually, leaving mid d1 barren and still a net loss of coaches.
9/29/2016 10:38 AM (edited)
we'll see how the marketing stuff goes. hopefully populations will recover. i think one of the hardest things for people getting into this game is starting in D3 at a school they never heard of and don't care about. i think WIS would be better off just letting new players start at low D1. I'm sure some old time players will argue that they had to walk uphill both ways back in the day to get to D1, but i do think WIS would attract and keep new players more that way, so i think a move like that would probably be in their interest.

note: I'm not saying eliminate D2/D3
9/29/2016 11:21 AM
1234 Next ▸
Knight Job Openings Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.