Question re: Changing Teams and Recruiting Money Topic

I am not sure if this was covered anywhere so I apologize if it was. If I leave Iowa State in Knight for another job, when I get to that new job I have a few questions about recruiting money:

1. Do I get any new recruiting money for the openings? What if the guy knew he wasn't leaving and just ****** all his money away?
2. If I cut people that the previous coach or SIM AI signed, do I get money and AP right away?

Thanks in advance!
9/29/2016 9:24 AM
Posted by gvsujulius on 9/29/2016 9:24:00 AM (view original):
I am not sure if this was covered anywhere so I apologize if it was. If I leave Iowa State in Knight for another job, when I get to that new job I have a few questions about recruiting money:

1. Do I get any new recruiting money for the openings? What if the guy knew he wasn't leaving and just ****** all his money away?
2. If I cut people that the previous coach or SIM AI signed, do I get money and AP right away?

Thanks in advance!
1a. Yes 100% money for openings.
1b. Doesn't matter what he spent his money on but you get a little considering credit of the effort he put towards recruits.
2. Yes. But you can't cut players signed in the 1st session by the coach who just left.
9/29/2016 9:45 AM
When I changed jobs during the beta my scouting and recruiting budgets were restored based on the number of openings I still had but I still got full access to all the scouting that had previously been performed by the SIM.

Seble had said he was going to look into whether it made sense to fully restore the budgets but I don't think I ever saw that he made changes thereafter.

I changed jobs after the first beta season so my info could be stale.
9/29/2016 11:02 AM
Thanks guys!
9/29/2016 11:05 AM
Posted by possumfiend on 9/29/2016 11:02:00 AM (view original):
When I changed jobs during the beta my scouting and recruiting budgets were restored based on the number of openings I still had but I still got full access to all the scouting that had previously been performed by the SIM.

Seble had said he was going to look into whether it made sense to fully restore the budgets but I don't think I ever saw that he made changes thereafter.

I changed jobs after the first beta season so my info could be stale.
I also remember seeing that if the budgets were fully restored, then maybe the recruiting efforts of the departed coach or sim would be considerably reduced. That would make some sense, too. When I changed jobs half way or so through beta, the sim coach hadn't done anything useful anyway.
9/29/2016 11:19 AM
Question re: Changing Teams and Recruiting Money Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.