Edit: But Can I buy anything with my points? Topic

Posted by CoachSpud on 9/29/2016 5:08:00 PM (view original):
Posted by ab90 on 9/29/2016 4:50:00 PM (view original):
I went to cash out my reward points. As they are out of Amazon gift cards, I ordered 5 t-shirts (because, well, there wasn't anything better). I was just informed that my order (despite initially being approved) was canceled without explanation. The points were not refunded.

Guys, get out while the getting is good. In fairness to CS, I will update this post should they do the right thing. Otherwise, that's perhaps the most unprofessional thing I have ever seen. Stunning.
I see your side of it, and you've got a point. Let us know how it turns out.
I am so glad CS (coachspud) weighed in on this latest special treatment of its customers by WIS. I feel better already that he isn't starting with an apology for them but rather a validation of AB's claim. I sense the end is near...
9/29/2016 8:54 PM
Look, if they do not properly cash out points then that is a legal issue. They made a commitment and they have to honor it. If it is a snafu that they fix, then great. If not, then they are in the wrong.

They have, on occasion, run out of Amazon cards. They refill them. So if you want those, hold off on cashing out. If you want shirts they will give them if they have them or give an explanation.

I'm sure they will make it right, if they don't then we can talk about it.. But if they don't make it right we do need to hear about it.

So let me be clear.. If you have earned points and they do not give you merchandise for your earnings then that is theft, pure and simple. It is possible that if many people cash out at once that they need a reasonable period of time to procure more items due to extra demand (a couple of weeks to a month seems reasonable). But they have to make it right.
9/29/2016 10:08 PM (edited)
I went to cash out my reward points. As they are out of Amazon gift cards, I ordered 5 t-shirts (because, well, there wasn't anything better). I was just informed that my order (despite initially being approved) was canceled without explanation. The points were not refunded.

Guys, get out while the getting is good. In fairness to CS, I will update this post should they do the right thing. Otherwise, that's perhaps the most unprofessional thing I have ever seen. Stunning.
These must be some really amazing t-shirts.
9/30/2016 12:16 AM
Posted by johnsensing on 9/29/2016 6:22:00 PM (view original):
Re: the amazon gift cards, wait a week or two. For some reason, sometimes they're out of stock, then will later come back into stock. It's still ridiculous, but in the past, the "out of stock" hasn't been permanent.
I never can understand how a amazon gift card can be "out of stock"! For crying out loud it is an ELECTRONIC TRANSFER, same as when paying for games here. It is not kept in boxes on shelves.
Pure BS scam to offer an incentive and then refuse to live up to the agreement.
9/30/2016 3:57 AM
Posted by taniajane on 9/30/2016 3:57:00 AM (view original):
Posted by johnsensing on 9/29/2016 6:22:00 PM (view original):
Re: the amazon gift cards, wait a week or two. For some reason, sometimes they're out of stock, then will later come back into stock. It's still ridiculous, but in the past, the "out of stock" hasn't been permanent.
I never can understand how a amazon gift card can be "out of stock"! For crying out loud it is an ELECTRONIC TRANSFER, same as when paying for games here. It is not kept in boxes on shelves.
Pure BS scam to offer an incentive and then refuse to live up to the agreement.
Sure, but they buy them in bulk purchases at specific points in time to get them at some certain price points. If there is a 'run on them' then it makes sense that they 'run out' for a period of time until replenished. It is not a straight pass through where you get a $25 card and they pay $25 for it on demand. They may buy 1000 of them for $15 each per quarter, etc.

Same thing with shirts.. There are a certain number in stock, if they run out then they have to be replenished.

If they are not replenished in a reasonable amount of time.. and if Customer Service does not react to and explain the situation in a timely fashion, then that is a problem.
9/30/2016 6:32 AM (edited)
"Sure, but they buy them in bulk purchases at specific points in time to get them at some certain price points. If there is a 'run on them' then it makes sense that they 'run out' for a period of time until replenished.

And how would You know they "buy in bulk". It is a frigging electronic transfer......Just as easily to assume they have an open account registered, possibly discounted, (as I do at Amazon), same as you have at WIS for electronic transfer of funds for this product.

"Same thing with shirts.. There are a certain number in stock, if they run out then they have to be replenished."

Oh please, if there is a run on t shirts it is simply because so many people are quitting and cashing in whatever they have.......tough luck for their wonderful marketing idea of T shirts.
9/30/2016 6:38 AM
Posted by taniajane on 9/30/2016 6:38:00 AM (view original):
"Sure, but they buy them in bulk purchases at specific points in time to get them at some certain price points. If there is a 'run on them' then it makes sense that they 'run out' for a period of time until replenished.

And how would You know they "buy in bulk". It is a frigging electronic transfer......Just as easily to assume they have an open account registered, possibly discounted, (as I do at Amazon), same as you have at WIS for electronic transfer of funds for this product.

"Same thing with shirts.. There are a certain number in stock, if they run out then they have to be replenished."

Oh please, if there is a run on t shirts it is simply because so many people are quitting and cashing in whatever they have.......tough luck for their wonderful marketing idea of T shirts.
What difference does it make what the reason is? They will have tee shirts and/or Amazon cards (or other things) to spend reward points on in the future.

This is no different than a credit card company with reward points. They provide items in a store that you can select from. Those items periodically run out and are replenished. Sometimes some things are removed permanently and replaced.

It is certainly a relevant discussion that things are sold out now and customer service certainly needs to make it right in a timely manner. If they don't make good on the earned reward points, it should certainly be discussed.
9/30/2016 7:14 AM
And how I know about bulk Amazon cards is.. I frequently do giveaways of things like Amazon cards and tee shirts at computer conferences all over the world as a board member for the CentOS operating system. We frequently staff booths and give away things there to promote our operating system.

Does everyone do it the same way? Of course not. But they have explained in the past that they have a set number of cards that gets replenished. They have said in the past, more cards are coming in a couple weeks, and they did. Does that mean this time will be the same.. Nope. Maybe they will never get in any more cards or shirts.
9/30/2016 7:25 AM

What were you going to do with 5 WIS shirts?
9/30/2016 7:45 AM
Posted by hughesjr on 9/30/2016 7:25:00 AM (view original):
And how I know about bulk Amazon cards is.. I frequently do giveaways of things like Amazon cards and tee shirts at computer conferences all over the world as a board member for the CentOS operating system. We frequently staff booths and give away things there to promote our operating system.

Does everyone do it the same way? Of course not. But they have explained in the past that they have a set number of cards that gets replenished. They have said in the past, more cards are coming in a couple weeks, and they did. Does that mean this time will be the same.. Nope. Maybe they will never get in any more cards or shirts.
You realize that's one letter away from CuntOS, right?
9/30/2016 7:46 AM
Historically, I have used my reward points for seasons - because I loved the game.

Now, as I trimmed down to one last team, I regret not using my last batch of reward points for Amazon - got a pile of seasons and doubt I will consume them. I had not even focused on the fabulous tee shirts and the stealth and strength multiplier power of the shirts
9/30/2016 7:55 AM
I heard wis is allowing users to cash in points for bitcoin.
9/30/2016 8:05 AM
ab90 and taniajane:

You both received Site Mails stating the reason for the cancellation of your Rewards Center orders. You also were told that your Rewards Points will be refunded, and the process of that has already begun. As stated in the Site Mail, if you have any other questions, please submit a customer support ticket.

Thank you.
9/30/2016 10:13 AM
guys - what was the reason for cancellation?
9/30/2016 10:55 AM
and interesting that THIS thread got a WIS support reaction and not threads puzzling about the new game seble just launched.
9/30/2016 10:56 AM
◂ Prev 123 Next ▸
Edit: But Can I buy anything with my points? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.