Div-1 School Name Adjustments... Topic

Hope they continue this with D2 and D3 schools...would love to see all "St." designations changed to "State"!
10/14/2016 2:27 PM
Ask and ye shall receive!!
10/14/2016 3:25 PM
Yay!!! I graduated from SOUTH FLORIDA...not S. Florida. Looks so damn good. I might need to pick up USF in another world as a way of showing my gratitude.
10/14/2016 3:53 PM
Most of the school names should be updated now, this is only for DI as of right now besides the few other lower division schools that were mentioned in this thread. Eventually we will try and update the schools in the lower divisions as well.

If you notice that we missed some or you notice something is off, please let us know.

Thank you, and thanks again to npb and everyone else who contributed to creating this list for us.
10/14/2016 3:59 PM
That's awesome. I have one suggestion that can help everyone track changes you guys are making to HD. There is a section call release notes in the drop down when you are under a team. Is it possible you could start using that to note changes? Right now, it doesn't have anything in it even though we released 3.0 in the last 90 days.
10/14/2016 4:28 PM
We're currently putting change log notes in the Critical News Section of the forums.
10/14/2016 4:42 PM
You guys are great - what a change from how it has been - keep up the good work - This kind of thing will definitely help retain users that felt like the game had been neglected.
10/14/2016 5:41 PM
Posted by chapelhillne on 10/14/2016 5:41:00 PM (view original):
You guys are great - what a change from how it has been - keep up the good work - This kind of thing will definitely help retain users that felt like the game had been neglected.
Indeed, this is refreshing, when seble was in charge this thread probably would have been disregarded and no changes made.

It's much appreciated to see this.
10/14/2016 6:07 PM
Looks great cwisniewski and redhawk! Thanks so much for taking care of this. Really awesome!
10/14/2016 6:55 PM
It's great to see all of the updated names. One I noticed that needs to be updated - Arkansas, Little Rock just goes by Little Rock now.
10/16/2016 3:13 PM
And the PAC 12 school is USC not Southern California!!!!
10/16/2016 8:10 PM
Posted by lakevin on 10/16/2016 8:10:00 PM (view original):
And the PAC 12 school is USC not Southern California!!!!
hey lakevin, sorry, that was my recommendation... South Carolina sometimes also gets referred to as USC. When i think of the Trojans, i think of those great Song Girls... but also Charles White and Marcus Allen... Sam Cunningham and Willie McGinest, etc... anyway, to me they've always historically been called "Southern Cal"... but whatever you guys think is best is fine, especially if you live in Los Angeles like your names implies...!
10/16/2016 8:29 PM (edited)
From Wikipedia page, note "a" on the bottom:

I am here to learn, and so thanks for the heads up from lakevin out in California!

"The alternate name "Southern Cal" frequently appears in sports-related news articles. USC discourages use of "Southern Cal" out of concern the name might suggest a foundational association to the University of California, Berkeley (commonly known as "Cal" in the athletics context), even though the two institutions have no affiliation other than their Pac-12 membership. For several years, USC's media guides contained the following request: "Note to the media: In editorial references to athletic teams of the University of Southern California, the following are preferred: USC, Southern California, So. California, Troy and Trojans for men's or women's teams, and Women of Troy for women's teams. PLEASE do not use Southern Cal (it's like calling San Francisco 'Frisco' or North Carolina 'North Car.'). The usage of 'Southern Cal' on licensed apparel and merchandise is limited in scope and necessary to protect federal trademark rights..."
10/16/2016 8:29 PM
Good find on the Wikipedia page.

Ive been the head coach at West Virginia in Knight for the last 15 seasons. I noticed and appreciate the change. Thanks for updating!
10/16/2016 8:54 PM
◂ Prev 12
Div-1 School Name Adjustments... Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.